Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Wishes/Thoughts and Prayers, and Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/5/17 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, Cath. Smile

Thoughts and prayers go out to the woman who was hit by the bat that flew out of Hector Sanchez's hands in the ninth inning of yesterday's Padres-Rockies game at Petco Park.

The Padres catcher was pretty shaken up by it, but the woman and her husband (who was also struck but not injured) appear to be fine.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/6/17 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can tell you that was a scary thing to see! We were all glad to see they were alright. Poor Hector was pretty shaken up about it.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/8/17 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A surprising development--Pirates pitcher Jameson Taillon underwent surgery for testicular cancer in Pittsburgh today, as the Pirates are on the road in L.A. Taillon had been placed on the DL just two days ago with groin discomfort. Best wishes to him for a good recovery!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/12/17 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: The Aztecs are raising funds toward Chad Bible's medical bills.

From utsandiego.com:

Quote:
Bible’s immune system is compromised, so he must wear a protective mask to ward off germs when he is out at the ballpark or in the dugout with his teammates.

Last week at UCLA, the Aztecs were trailing by a run entering the ninth inning. While rally hats were piled on top of one SDSU player’s head, a thought crossed Bible’s mind as he turned to pitcher Brett Seeburger.

“I had my mask on and I looked at Brett and said, ‘Dude, you’ve got to wear a rally mask with me,’ ” said Bible, who pulled an extra mask from his backpack.

So there they were, the Three Masketeers.

“It worked,” Bible said. “It really did.”

The Aztecs rallied for three runs on a pair of homers, giving them an 8-6 win over UCLA.

Bible had vowed to make a contribution on the field as well during his treatment. He managed two pinch hit appearances, lining a double to drive in the final run in a win over Long Beach State six weeks ago in his last at-bat.

Six rounds of chemotherapy have taken their toll. Bible has lost 20 pounds from his 225-pound frame. His hair has begun to fall out and he said he plans to shave his head soon. Six more rounds of chemo, one every other week, remain before treatment is completed at the end of July.

“I’ve started to feel a little less superhuman than I usually do,” said Bible, a sophomore from Valencia. “Each round is getting a little harder on the body. I’m getting pretty weak, to be honest. My stamina is low. Exercise and all that stuff is a little tough.

“It’s just a long process, but I’m doing good. My spirits are staying positive.”

The effects of the treatment prevented Bible from keeping up with his classes, so he withdrew from the spring semester and will enroll again in the fall.

SDSU announced on Thursday that a fundraising effort is being undertaken to assist Bible with medical expenses. Those interested in making a donation can go to: http://campaign.sdsu.edu/chadbible.

Why don't they sell rally masks with the proceeds going to his treatment? Idea

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/12/17 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I think I will make a donation. He seems like such a good young kid - praying for his strength through all this.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/13/17 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diamondbacks catcher Chris Iannetta was hospitalized after being hit in the face by a pitch from Pirates pitcher Johnny Barbato. It was a 93 MPH fastball, and the incident took place in the seventh inning of the Arizona-Pittsburgh game played at Chase Field last night. Get well, Chris.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 5/14/17 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness, hope everyone is OK. I wish this thread was not so active right now!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/20/17 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now TLS is hospitalized...again. He's in ICU at Centinela Hospital. Foxsports.com report is linked here.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/22/17 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had heard this over the weekend, and wondered, is there any update on how he is doing?
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 5/23/17 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our ambassador! Get well, Tommy!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/26/17 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, Tommy is said to be resting comfortably after having had a pacemaker installed. According to the Dodgers' news release, he is anxious to get out and return to Dodger Stadium.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/29/17 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, ladies, Tommy has a new pacemaker!

He's said to be resting comfortably and anxious to return to Dodger Stadium. Best wishes to him, always!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/6/17 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy is back! He attended his first game at Dodger Stadium last night since being hospitalized, although the way the Dodgers played I'm afraid that might send him back. Sad

In any case, he looked healthier than I've seen him look in a long time. Lots of rest clearly did him much good.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 6/9/17 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good to know. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/17/17 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigers DH Victor Martinez has been hospitalized with an irregular heartbeat and is under observation. Hope he's okay--best wishes to him.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 11/8/17 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 6/19/17 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he's OK. I remember how scary that was with KJ when we first found out about him having that.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/7/17 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to Indians manager Terry Francona, who underwent minor heart surgery yesterday.

Tito will miss the All-Star Game, as the would-be manager of the AL team.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 8/5/17 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two players were hurt during games over the past week.

And, Lou Brock is officially cancer-free.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/2/17 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots to report here...first, Lou Brock is now cancer-free.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 9/4/17 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigers DH Victor Martinez will undergo cardiac surgery, effectively ending his 2017 season.

Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 11/8/17 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 9/5/17 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for keeping this updated!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 9/13/17 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padres RHP Carter Capps was hospitalized in Minneapolis and has blood clots - he will spend the rest of the year on the DL. Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/4/17 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to Jints manager Bruce Bochy, who will undergo another heart procedure this weekend.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 11/8/17 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/5/17 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Always best wishes to Boch! What a horrible strain this season must have put on his heart!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 11/8/17 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offseason mishap: Royals manager Ned Yost broke his pelvis while doing yardwork in his Atlanta area home, and is currently hospitalized. Get well soon!

One more thing that had not been mentioned here yet--KT's cancer diagnosis. I know many who were surprised when Astros manager A.J. Hinch held up a card with his name, during the Stand up to Cancer moment in Game 4 of the World Series. I, too, wondered if that news was something that had flown under my radar this season, but evidently, Hinch was the first one to reveal it publicly. The former Padres and Diamondbacks GM was diagnosed with anaplastic thyroid cancer last December, according to this article from the Houston Chronicle. Best wishes to him.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/13/17 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did think that was pretty low key about KT. I often had my issues with him but I do wish him well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: