Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In Memory on This Day...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 11/2/15 8:25 am    Post subject: In Memory on This Day... Reply with quote

Honoring departed loved ones on Dia de los Muertos...

As is my annual tradition, I'll be going down to the plaza in Old Town tonight to light a candle and join the processional. I'll stop at the panaderia first. I'll bring a picture of my dad and a baseball to share. Smile He would love that. He always enjoyed merriment and celebrations. So I know his soul will come to life along with those of all the others who are present. The gifts he passed on to me are immeasurable.

"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/2/15 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am right there with you! We have already made the customary visits and paid our respects. I plan to be in Old Town around 5 p.m. if you are down there a little early. Maybe I will see you then!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 11/3/15 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 11/5/15 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the Calaverita I found on the Toros official site: linked here
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 11/2/16 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got ofrendos? lol
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 11/2/16 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is why I'll miss the first few innings of Game 7!

More later.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 11/2/17 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a day...trying to decompress from Game 7, then attending the candlelight vigil in Old Town. Were you there, Cathy? My phone battery was almost dead when I arrived. I don't think I've seen it that packed with crowds on November 2 as I did this year.

I'm really missing my Angels fan friend, Barry. Sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 11/3/17 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really sad. I"m usually on a somber mood om November 2 anyway. Yesterday I was very depressed. Celebrating the life of the 2017 Dodgers! And of course, my loved ones too. Being at the Mercado made me happy, though.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/6/17 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must not have lit a candle for the Dodgers in advance? Lol. We were there on Thursday, too.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 11/6/17 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, and I should have lit a blue candle for the Dodgers, before it was too late. Sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 11/2/18 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back on last year's post, I realize I've made the same oversight twice now in two Octobers. Sad

Rest in peace to our loved ones and those who have gone before us, on this sacred day.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 11/4/18 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to Dia de los Deftones at Petco Park this weekend! That was quite a show. We also went to the cemetery, and to Old Town to light some candles, toast our loved ones, and view ofrendas there. Very peaceful and moving.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 11/5/18 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessings to you ladies. It's always a solemn day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: