Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2018 World Series - Rematch of 1916

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/21/18 8:24 pm    Post subject: The 2018 World Series - Rematch of 1916 Reply with quote

It all starts Tuesday in Fenway Park.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/23/18 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have faith our Dodgers will take one in Fenway Park.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/23/18 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the action gets underway...

Rain and cold weather at Fenway Park today have given way to supposedly decent playing conditions. First pitch about to be thrown!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/24/18 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we can agree that wasn't an ideal Game 1. Things I liked were the Dodgers chipping away in their at-bats, driving Chris Sale's pitch count up, Pedro Baez's solid relief performance, and playing some "small ball." Things I didn't like were, obviously, Clayton's start and Madera's poor relief pitching.

Gotta get the road split tonight.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/24/18 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are talking about the outfielders positioning. Saying Joc and Yasiel are playing too deep for the ballpark dimensions. So the defense not being used to it has caused some problems out there that the Red Sox took advantage of.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/24/18 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, too.

BTW, anyone notice what the forecast is for Friday in L.A.? 85 and sunny.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/25/18 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not where we wanted to be---0-2 coming home!

Crying or Very sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 10/26/18 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sunnyblue! On a last minute offer, it looks like I'll be seeing you at the Ravine tonight! Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/27/18 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has everyone recovered from Game 3 yet? Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/27/18 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only barely! I'm just worried about escaping tonight with a win. The over managing is bonkers.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/28/18 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cringe-worthy sub-head from today's L.A. Times:

One day after winning the longest game in World Series history, the Dodgers suffered a dramatic Saturday night collapse that may lead to the longest winter in baseball history.

Crying or Very sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/29/18 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...congratulations to the Red Sox. Sad

Wait till next year!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/30/18 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not yet posted on this because I had a very busy trip this weekend with an event in Vegas. A lot of hard work but a lot of fun, too. Anyway as usual the place was crawling with Dodger fans.

I wonder what will be Doc's future with the Dodgers. Sorry about your loss, Linda (and Sunny too). I think the Red Sox just lived up to their reputation all year long as the best team in baseball. But we will never know if taking Rich Hill out of the game in Game 4 was the deal breaker. We can always assume it but there might be things behind the decision fans do not know about. \

Now, we are all back on the same page for next spring, but until then we all say "Wait till next year!"
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 11/1/18 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm back. It was not an easy week and took me a few days to get over that what with being grouchy for a few days with everyone I came into contact with. Those Bums are gonna make us "wait till next year." Again!

Oh did everyone get their free taco?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 11/5/18 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did! Smile LOL

Oh, and one week later, I'm still experiencing a hangover in its last throes.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 11/5/18 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnyblue mentioned in another thread a column that appeared in the Daily News this weekend--"World Series Loss Goes Way Beyond the Numbers".

Now...it doesn't really tell us anything we didn't already know before, and have discussed here, before.

But it underscores, for one, why the Dodgers should let Manny walk. Still, I don't see a lot of Dodgers falling into the category of those who "don't care" or "lack heart." In fact, I've liked the chemistry that has gelled over the last few seasons, even mixing in youngsters without all the experience of the veterans they're playing with. To the FO's credit, they do look beyond the numbers in many circumstances--such as leadership (why the hell do you think they kept Chase so long!) and whether a potential Dodger would fit in well with the group.

Dennis McCarthy makes some valid points, but he also has to take into account that no matter how the Brooklyn Dodgers played, today's brand of baseball is a different one overall, and the MLBPA is (in my opinion) too powerful for the overall good of the sport. What we have in today's player is a different animal altogether than those in the '50s and '60s. And sadly, it's not going back.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: