Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Tune-Ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 3/24/19 6:58 pm    Post subject: Final Tune-Ups Reply with quote

Angels vs. Dodgers for three in Freeway Series, begins tonight in Anaheim;

Padres vs. Mariners for two in Seattle, begins tomorrow night;

Jints vs. Athletics for three in the Bay Bridge Series, began today in Oakland.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 3/25/19 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to Anaheim with my brother tonight!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 3/26/19 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you at least saw the Dodgers win, Sunny! Smile

Prior to this series, the Dodgers were on a seven-game winless streak--six losses and one tie--closing out Cactus League play. Entering the "final tune-up", they lost the first game to the Angels, 8-4, then won 8-7, last night, at Angel Stadium. The scene shifts 30 miles north on the Golden State Freeway, to Dodger Stadium, for the rubber game which gets underway shortly.

Then...it's seat belts fastened, crash helmets on, as we gear up for this crazy, six-month plus trip from city to city and back, with all the ups and downs of the regular season.

I guess I'm one of the few who has little interest in any of this pre-season stuff. Haven't even watched an inning of the Freeway Series. Prior to the inception of interleague play in 1997, this series at least piqued some interest for regional bragging rights.

Meanwhile, I'm just counting down the hours until 1:10 P.M. on Thursday, Opening Day.

That is, 42 1/2...which of course reminds me of Jackie! Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Tue 3/26/19 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 3/26/19 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, I should give a nod to the Padres, from whom much will be expected this year, since they just swept a two-game set in Seattle. Offensively for San Diego, the two games were as different as possible (scores of 8-0 and 1-0), but Padres pitching shut down the Mariners for 18 innings, so the "tune-up" is looking good. Tomorrow is a travel day as they get ready for a showdown with the Jints at Petco Park the following day, to get the 2019 season underway.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 3/27/19 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Linda. It was a good start to the week seeing those 2 wins, and I hope it will carry over into the regular season!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 3/27/19 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dodgers handled the Angels quite well last night, 9-2, in the lone game of the series to be played at Dodger Stadium, thus closing out exhibition.

And the Battery Chuckers lost all three of their final "tune-ups". Maybe that's a good sign for your Padres, Cath. Smile

It also dawned on me that the Mariners, who have already played two games of the regular season, had to revert to "preseason" mode for the two home games against the Padres. That must mess with their heads a little.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: