Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bums on the Road - June, 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/4/19 7:42 am    Post subject: Bums on the Road - June, 2019 Reply with quote

The Dodgers opened a road trip in Arizona with a statement win to push the Diamondbacks to under .500.

Walker took the mound for L.A. and was simply dazzling, limiting AZ to two hits over eight innings. What's more, he outpitched Dodger-killer Robby Ray, who started for the Diamondbacks. The Dodgers' offense consisted of one three-run home run (thank you, Corey) in the fourth inning, but that was enough to beat Ray. KJ topped it off with his 18th save, and L.A. won, 3-1.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodgers win, 9-0! Ryu is 9-1!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another series win, but it was a loss for the Dodgers in extra innings against the Diamondbacks today, 3-2. Sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/8/19 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause for alarm? The Dodgers have lost two consecutive games for the first time since April. They dropped the opener last night behind CK, 2-1, although it was just another great quality start for him. The Dodgers couldn't muster up much offense.

And on another note...I've been bombarded with emails, requests, awareness of #WearOrange Day for the last couple of weeks. And I must apologize to the organizers, because I support the cause, but I am in no way wearing orange, any weekend, but especially this weekend. There is a very good reason my wardrobe does not include anything of that color! Twisted Evil

And, of course, Friday at Oracle Park was one of their regularly scheduled "Orange Fridays." It's like nails on a chalkboard!

Evil or Very Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Mon 6/10/19 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 6/9/19 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"D-O-D-G-E-R-S, team, team, team..."

Well, the Dodgers were able to come back from a series-opening loss to take the series in San Francisco this weekend. Three consecutive quality starts to add to a long string of QS for L.A. pitching certainly helped, since runs were in short supply from the Dodgers' offense the last few days. In Saturday's 2-1 win, it was Rich Hill who started. Today, it was Walker who threw seven shutout innings and was helped along by Pedro and KJ, who pitched the eighth and ninth. A solo shot by Mad Max in the first inning scored the only run of the game. It didn't go over too well with MadBum, who took exception to his admiration of the splash home run into McCovey Cove.

From the L.A. Times:

Quote:
(Max) Muncy was hitless with three strikeouts in six career at-bats against Bumgarner when he crushed the left-hander’s eighth pitch of the game into McCovey Cove, the splash-hit traveling 426 feet over the right-field wall.

Muncy did not flip his bat, but he did pause for a second or two to admire his shot before breaking into his trot. The notoriously feisty Bumgarner, who feuded with former Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig in 2014 and 2016, was clearly offended. He took several steps toward Muncy and stalked him down the first base line.

By the time Muncy rounded first the two were in a full-blown argument, screaming and gesturing at each other. Plate umpire Will Little intervened, but the two were still jawing at each other as Muncy pulled into the plate.

“He took exception to me watching the ball, I guess,” Muncy said of Bumgarner. “He said, ‘You don't watch the ball. You run.’ ”

And Muncy’s response?

“I told him, ‘If you don't want me to watch the ball, you can go in the ocean and get it,’ ” he said. “I don't even know if he heard it. As I was rounding the bases, I yelled it at him. He was yelling at me. We were kind of going back and forth and that was it. Just a couple guys competing.”

Bumgarner always gets up for the Dodgers — he has given up two earned runs and struck out 17 in 19 innings of three starts against them this season — and he seemed upset at a few of Little’s calls on leadoff batter Enrique Hernandez on Sunday. So he might have been on edge when he grooved a fastball to Muncy.

“He just struck a pose and walked farther than I liked,” Bumgarner said of Muncy. “If you want to do that, do it. But I’m going to do what I want to do.”

Bumgarner and Puig sparked benches-clearing incidents in 2014, when Bumgarner hit Puig with a pitch, and in 2016, when, after a groundout, the pitcher screamed at Puig, “Don’t look at me!” That phrase, of course, ended up on T-shirts that were distributed among the Dodgers.

“I can’t even say it with a straight face, but the more I think about it, they should let the kids play,” Bumgarner said, poking fun at a Major League Baseball promotional campaign. “That’s what everybody’s saying … but I can’t.

“If they want to let everybody be themselves, let me be myself. That’s me. I’d just as soon fight than walk or whatever. Just do your thing. I’ll do mine.”

Muncy didn’t think he had done that much to offend Bumgarner.

“Honestly, I thought it was probably one of my tamer bat flips,” Muncy said. “I didn't think it was anything outrageous. I just kind of took one or two steps out of the box and started jogging.”

The two faced each other two more times without incident, Muncy grounding out to second in the third inning and walking in the sixth.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 6/10/19 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so cool Mad Max said it. MadBum is definitely a great pitcher but has some pretty emotional outbursts at times.

As far as colors go, I don't blame you and I too tried to ignore the awareness campaign - it was bad timing! So does that mean you won't be going out to be fitted for an orange rally bra? Laughing
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/11/19 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL, hell, no! And I do mean hell! Twisted Evil

At this point, I won't be buying a red one, either, after the Freeway Series started in Anaheim last night with the Halos rallying off our vaunted reliever, Joe Kelly.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/12/19 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Maeda didn't have it last night, and the Dodgers lost again, 5-2.

Now going home (all 30 miles from Anaheim, LOL) to open a four-game series at the Ravine with the Cubs, starting tomorrow.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/12/19 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure your front office honchos will figure something out to fix your bullpen problems. Meanwhile we seem to be suffering the same! It is a good thing you have a 10 game lead to work with while you experiment and get things right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: