Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BIG MONDAY - 2019

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/3/19 7:46 am    Post subject: BIG MONDAY - 2019 Reply with quote

No rest for the weary baseball fan! After a weekend full of non-stop baseball, we've arrived at the First Year Players Draft Day!

Cathy says her house is open beginning at 3 p.m. Appetizers will be served; BYO drinks and enthusiasm.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/3/19 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! We will be ready. Some neighbors are joining in, including our Dodgers fan buddy. I am whipping up a special surprise, too.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/3/19 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orioles have the first pick.

I admit I won't be there on time, and I'll have to leave early (no comments about Dodger fan stereotypes!--LOL), but I'll be there!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/3/19 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 1: With the first pick, the Orioles have selected Adley Rutschman!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/3/19 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good show, ladies. My Padres picked high school shortstop C.J. Abrams at No. 6.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/4/19 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dodgers selected Tulane third baseman Kody Hoese in the first round.

Smart move, as you know I prefer college guys for the most part.

Of local interest, two San Diegans were taken in the first round--Eastlake High third baseman Keoni Cavaco, and catcher Corey Lee, out of Cal (formerly Vista High)--Cavaco by the Twins, Lee by the Astros. Here's the article from the Union-Tribune.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be back to update Day 2 later!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again, Cathy.

I heard Coach Savage on the radio yesterday suggesting they schedule the draft for mid week of the week in between Regionals and Supers. I agree with him it shouldn't be distracting to the players who are in the middle of intense games when their names are called! That's putting a lot on them all at once.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/5/19 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree!

Oh, and there it is...Cole Roberts has been drafted by the Padres! Surprised

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/8/19 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Padres were doing legacy favors of sorts - and those picks were taken pretty low.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: