Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Wishes/Thoughts and Prayers, and Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 6/10/19 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure wish him the best! I'm glad he will be OK.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 6/14/19 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is back in Boston now, has been for a couple of days.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/19/19 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Nationals ace Max Scherzer broke his nose while bunting in batting practice yesterday. I was thinking of posting this in "Strange Injuries", but I'm not sure it's strange enough, LOL. I guess it's only "strange" to American League pitchers Laughing who don't see the necessity for BP!

Anyway, best wishes to him.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 6/20/19 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/19/19 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he is pitching tonight, against the Phillies.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/6/19 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing the best to Indians RHP Carlos Carrasco, who has revealed that he's on a leave of absence from the team after having been diagnosed with leukemia.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/8/19 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if things haven't gone bad enough for the Angels over the past week, catcher Jonathan Lucroy suffered a broken nose and concussion in a home plate collision during Sunday's loss to the Astros at Minute Maid Park. It happened when Astros baserunner Jake Marisnick barreled over Lucroy, and maybe this should be continued in the Controversies thread...but meanwhile, a speedy recovery to JL.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/13/19 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Papi has recently undergone his third surgery following the shooting in the D.R. that took place last month.

Best wishes also to Yankees broadcaster Michael Kay, who underwent throat surgery this week and will be away from the booth for a few weeks.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/14/19 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this thread is getting too much action, with the announcement that Cardinals Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Gibson has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Best wishes to a true great!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/15/19 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish them all a good recovery. The way Gibson has always battled I would not be surprised to see him beat this down.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/30/19 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Big Papi" has finally been released from Massachusetts General Hospital. The former Red Sox player is in good spirits following a lengthy stay and several surgeries related to his gunshot wound of June 9.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Tue 9/10/19 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 9/10/19 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I'm not sure why I forgot to post this last week, but Dodgers rookie pitcher Dustin May was hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Diamondbacks third baseman Jake Lamb, during a game in Arizona on September 1. He passed concussion protocol, but man, that sure hurt to watch.

From dodgers.com:

Quote:
(May) said it helped that the ball got a slight piece of his glove before it hit the band on the side of his hat.

“I’m really just kind of upset that I didn’t catch it,” said May, the Dodgers’ No. 2 prospect per MLB Pipeline. “We’ve just got to look at the positives, that I’m OK.”

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 9/16/19 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braves infielder Charlie Culberson is the latest to suffer the injury of being hit in the face by a pitch, having been hospitalized after taking a fastball to the eye from Nationals reliever Fernando Rodney, an incident which took place during Sunday's 10-1 win over D.C. in Washington.

Then there are the Angels' two key players both going down. I'll post more about that in the team thread.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Tue 9/17/19 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 9/16/19 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie's a good guy. I wish him a quick recovery! I'm guessing we'll probably face the Braves in the playoffs again.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 9/17/19 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall of Fame manager Whitey Herzog has suffered a stroke.

Best wishes to him.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 9/30/19 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we had some down time, there was a scary moment for Mark Langston, whose heart actually stopped beating. Fortunately, he's recovering well, although he still doesn't know what caused the problem.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/1/19 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wishing him all the best.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/2/19 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, too. He's one tough guy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: