Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padres 2020 - Better Late Than Never
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 9/24/20 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he'll be OK but I can understand them wanting to be overly careful.

Congratulations on making it to the post! That's a long wait.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/25/20 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! It has been way too long! I almost forgot what it was like to have a chance to make it in!

An update is supposed to be made later today but for now - article from padres.com

The boys play their last series of the regular season this weekend against those Battery Chuckers at Oracle Park. They start with a doubleheader today! Chris Paddack will get a final chance to make a good impression for the playoff roster in the first game so I hope he has his best stuff.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 9/26/20 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my Padres split the doubleheader, including when they "walked off" the second game in San Francisco on Trent Grisham's home run - which was a pretty wild thing to see but everything is upside down this year.

Bad news items. Dinelson Lamet left the second game in the 4th inning due to biceps tightness. That is a huge concern because Clevinger is still a question mark. These could not have come at a worse time because there are only 4 days left until the playoffs start! The other disappointment to me was Chris Paddack losing the first game meaning he has been very unreliable leading up to the playoffs. I think right now Zach Davies is our best option until we know who else is available. A lot of questions swirling around our rotation in the last weekend of the season!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/26/20 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's another huge blow...if it's any consolation, our rotation is firmly "up in the air", too. And all these new playoff formats are something no team, including one that's been in the postseason for eight years, is comfortable with so I think we're all going to be pretty much on the same page. Hopefully you'll have Lamet and Clevinger both able to pitch.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 9/27/20 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that is a wrap on the 2020 season. My Padres took the series in S.F. & finished 37-23 on the season. Now the real test will start!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: