Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Round - Padres vs. Cardinals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 9/29/20 2:55 pm    Post subject: First Round - Padres vs. Cardinals Reply with quote

Game 1 gets underway from Petco Park tomorrow.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 9/29/20 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Paddack has been tabbed to start for my boys. I am not sure how I feel about that. Health wise it seems like the safest pick though. I will just hold my breath and hope for the best.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 9/30/20 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padres fan playoff guide

U-T story about our first playoff series in 14 years - linked here

Also Tony La Russa talked to Tom Krasovic about the past NLDS with the Padres and Cardinals, in the Union Tribune - linked here

GO PADRES!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/1/20 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure did not feel like coming here to post after the game ended because of the loss. But here it is a new day and I have a better outlook, that my Padres will tie up the series and force a deciding game in their series with the Cardinals. Yesterday it got sour pretty fast when Chris Paddack gave up that home run to Paul Goldschmidt in the first inning but I did like the way my boys fought back. They were down but not out but a few mistakes especially in baserunning were big rally killers. They lost 6-4 but were in the game all 9 innings. For the Cardinals side I feel like Yadi Molina should get some kudos as he will be playing in his 100th postseason game today. I think he is a big part of why they have been successful for so long.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/1/20 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your Padres had the best record for comeback wins this year, so it's not unreasonable, that you would hold out hope for them. I'll be rooting for you guys today!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/1/20 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were our good luck! All I had to do was remember that about the comeback wins and I could not give up hope! I am feeling much, much better tonight than last night. Tomorrow is a big question mark but we got through today and my boys are still alive!

In the end the Cardinals bullpen was worse than ours, and my Padres won the game, 11-9. Wil Myers and El Nino hit two home runs apiece - first time that has happened in a postseason game since the 1932 World series! Weird fact that it happened 88 years, to the date, ago! And the 2 players were Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig! Lol not that I am making comparisons yet. Wink

We will have to face Jack Flaherty tomorrow and he will be a tough one.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 10/2/20 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was quite a game. I wanted to see it go to a third game for sure, and whoever wins that one, gets to play our Dodgers!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/3/20 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres did it! Even with a bullpen start and 9 pitchers used, and Craig Stammen making his first start in 10 years. I had to hold my breath but they got it done! They beat the Cards, 4-0, and Dodgers, we are coming for you!

It was the first home playoff win for my boys in 22 years, since back in 1998 at the Q! Too bad we could not have fans there because Petco would have been rocking!

Go Padres!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/4/20 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry not to have posted my congratulations yet. There were so many deaths the last few days I'm finally getting around to appropriate acknowledgment! That was a very good series and hard-fought; your team really earned that win!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 10/5/20 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure was. I saw on the news all the fans celebrating by Petco Park that night. We will see you in DFW!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: