Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baseball tidbits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/8/20 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for something different from Swinging Padres ale, Cutwater Spirits is dedicating their vodka mule to my Padres. I think I will have to try this out sometime. Article linked here
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 5/14/20 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey that sounds pretty good, let me know how it is.

I guess a few bunnies discovered BZ on the Masked Singer, a show I have never seen, last night. Here's the link for it
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/20/20 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw that too, Sunny. I have never seen the show itself, but saw clips from this one. Very good performance.

Did you see this - ESPN had Trevor Bauer on a KBO broadcast last week and they exposed his phone number - article linked here

How embarrassing! Lol
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 5/27/20 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, yeah. I just can't imagine.

This guy has a replica of Dodger Stadium in his backyard.

L.A.? No, it's in Springfield, MA.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 6/4/20 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 5/29/20 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sweet replica. I would like to know more about this fan.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/29/20 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, too. Like how he's a Dodger fan when you're as far away from Dodger Stadium as you can be and still be in the continental U.S.? Especially in Red Sox territory?

Meanwhile, John Fogerty celebrated his 75th birthday yesterday. Good enough, but the way he did it was even better--he played his classic baseball hit, "Centerfield", in centerfield at Dodger Stadium along with his kids. You can see that performance here.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 6/4/20 8:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/30/20 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That brought a smile to my face. Smile
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 7/1/20 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Music and baseball never get old, do they? Ladies, this should also bring a smile to our faces because it features Steven singing along with his teammate, Josh Bell. The link is here.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/2/20 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I love that! Thank you. Very Happy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/20/20 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm gonna have to do some catching up here before Thursday. Wink

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 8/1/20 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought of posting this in "Freaky Stuff" but it's actually just more of a shrug-type amusing--Braves closer Chris Martin didn't realize he had thrown the last pitch of last night's game when the final out was recorded. The Braves beat the Mets, 11-10, so maybe with all those numbers piling up, it was easy to lose track.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 8/9/20 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Placemarking for updates.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 9/2/20 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol - this is funny. Red Sox wife considers divorce after he walks too many players.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 9/2/20 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! There have been some good tidbits lately; I'll have to dig them up for posting.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/4/20 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know I sure would, Sunny! Consider divorce - that is. Wink
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 9/6/20 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring on the Kleenex!

From today's L.A. Times:

"Memory of Young Baseball Fan Killed in School Shooting Lives on in 14 MLB Ballparks"

By BILL SHAIKIN, STAFF WRITER
SEP. 4, 2020
5:08 PM

Joaquin Oliver occupies an aisle seat for every game at Dodger Stadium, seven rows up, in Section 150 of the loge level.

The boy sits there by himself, no friends or family around him. He is a cutout, of course. If this had been a better year, there would be living, breathing human beings in the stands.

If 2018 had been a better year, Oliver might have been one of them. He and his father Manny loved to take baseball road trips. They would return to their Florida home with memories of the majesty of Yankee Stadium, the friendly confines of Wrigley Field, the pleasantly edible hot dogs at Fenway Park. Joaquin was one of 14 students murdered two years ago at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Fla. He was 17. He was shot four times and left to die.

“I will never know if my kid suffered pain during those moments,” Manny Oliver said.

Joaquin is on his another baseball road trip this summer. His cutout appears in 14 major league ballparks, including the ones in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Oakland.

The cutouts help Manny Oliver raise the profile of Change the Ref, an advocacy group he launched to get gun laws changed and, if not, to get lawmakers changed. In the two years since Parkland, he said, there have been 83 school shootings and no significant revisions to federal gun laws.

He is baffled and outraged at the baseline for discussions about school safety. Why do we debate armed guards at school, or metal detectors, or active shooter drills? Why do we assume school shootings are inevitable, rather than work to limit guns of mass destruction?

“There is one victim in my house, and his name is Joaquin Oliver. The others are survivors,” Manny Oliver said. “We need to fight for him.”

That, he says, is why he will not cry when the Joaquin Oliver cutouts arrive at the family home after the season, when he will come face to face with more than a dozen faces of his late son.

“He was not only my son, but my best friend,” Manny Oliver said. “The fact that now we’re bringing him to the ballparks, in some way, makes me feel happy.”

In the two years since his son died, Manny Oliver said, he has not gone to a ballgame.

“There are things that are so connected to the loved one that you lost that you feel afraid to do alone,” he said. “I don’t have a baseball partner any more.”

Sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 9/7/20 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad I feel badly for his dad. I am so glad he can find comfort knowing his son is watching on in his own likeness.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 9/10/20 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh, the days. For me, 1995 was a good year. Most of the '90s were. This episode of "Baywatch" aired 25 years ago, featuring as a guest star young Dodgers catcher Mike Piazza, taking swings on the beach as the '95 season had a late start due to the players' strike. Enjoy! Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/11/20 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh. What poor acting! Lol. My husband loved Baywatch but I am pretty sure I never saw more than 1 or 2 episodes.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 9/12/20 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do remember that! You might have to move that over to the Bunny thread, lol.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 9/20/20 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB, I know you will love this one about El Gato and his gatos - it's so cute! Here you go!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 9/21/20 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 10/5/20 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Road is brewing a new beer - Clayton Kershaw "Wicked Curve." DB, I think we have to try it!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/6/20 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely! BTW, it's "Buzzrock Brewing" (Torrance), not Golden Road--although Golden Road is another of my faves.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 10/8/20 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/6/20 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a battle of the IPAs. Wicked Curve can pitch to .394. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: