Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Wishes/Thoughts and Prayers, and Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/16/20 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to him. He is no spring chicken!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/20/20 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COVID is not through with baseball by a longshot. The Phillies have shut down their spring training facilities after 5 players and 3 staff members tested positive. Here's the link.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/25/20 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon and two other players, Phillip Diehl and Ryan Castellani, tested positive for COVID - article from si.com

Diehl is a LHP and Castellani is a RHP.

Hope that does not spread too much further now that we are getting ready to start a season and they will be back in training.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/30/20 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a non-COVID topic, I mentioned Andrew Toles yesterday in the Blotter thread, but I'm going to post about him here. Evidently he has suffered from mental health problems for some time now. My prayers are with him to accept help and move forward towards recovery.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 7/1/20 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless him, he seemed to have such a joy for playing the game. Whether he comes back in baseball or not I do hope the best recovery for him.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/3/20 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keibert Ruiz is the latest to be diagnosed with COVID-19. Sad
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/5/20 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Masahiro Tanaka was hit in the head and hospitalized.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 7/6/20 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was happy to see he made such a quick recovery and is back with the team.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/9/20 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far 2 of my Padres tested positive for COVID. They are outfielder Tommy Pham and our newest player, infielder Jorge Mateo. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Article from padres.com
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 7/16/20 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to say welcome back to KJ who had a bad case of COVID which kept him from reporting to Dodger Stadium for so long!

Also, different subject, Dodgers RHP Jimmy Nelson is going to miss the entire "season" as they're calling it. He just underwent back surgery.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/17/20 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for mentioning Jimmy Nelson. He had an injury history, but the Dodgers still thought he could help out in the bullpen, but that's not to be.

Recovering or recovered from COVID:

Yasiel, free agent who was barely off the market to the Braves when he tested positive;

A.J. Pollock

Matt Thaiss

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/20/20 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The list is longer than I thought.

Meanwhile best wishes to our RHP Trey Wingenter who underwent TJ surgery on Friday - we will sure miss him this year but I hope his recovery goes well. Article from padres.com
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 7/26/20 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marlins have 4 players with COVID which is very bad timing now that the season started!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/27/20 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now they have 14 players & staff members infected and are canceling their home opener! The will probably have to test everyone on the Phillies too since that is where they played over the weekend. Sad So that means the Phillies cannot play the Yankees as they were scheduled to do today.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 8/4/20 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time catcher Yadier Molina is one of the many Cardinals who tested positive for COVID! Best wishes to them all. Article from mlb.com

Last edited by forloveofthegame on Sun 8/9/20 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 8/8/20 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to Pirates infielder Philip Evans, who was injured during an on-field collision with right fielder Gregory Polanco, in the sixth inning of today's game vs. the Tigers at PNC Park.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/9/20 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a concussion and fractured jaw and is out for the season now. Article from mlb.com
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 8/18/20 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padres outfielder Tommy Pham has undergone surgery for a broken left hand. Article from mlb.com

Wishing him the best on his recovery.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 8/18/20 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, best wishes. These days when you lose four to six weeks and there are only five weeks left of the "season", you don't know whether you will have his services again this year or not. There are a lot of variables.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 8/21/20 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indians manager Terry Francona is recovering from a medical procedure; best wishes to him for his recovery.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 8/22/20 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hall of Famer Cal Ripken announced that he had prostate cancer.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 8/22/20 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just after I made that last post, it popped up on my screen that Stephen will undergo season ending hand surgery. Sad I hope all goes well for him! #AztecStrong!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/23/20 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing Stephen well, too. I was hoping at some point this year we might meet his team in the playoffs but without him there the excitement of facing them would be a little less than usual. It would still be nice to face the defending world champions but not quite the same with how many of their regular guys they would be playing without.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/4/20 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the player for Oakland who testified positive has been identified as Daniel Mengden, who is one of their LHPs, so he will miss the series this weekend against my Padres and be out for awhile after that as well. Best wishes to him for his recovery.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/5/20 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I wasn't paying attention a couple of weeks ago when this news was announced, that Mariners RHP Kendall Graveman was diagnosed with a spinal tumor. Thankfully, it was benign. In fact, I only learned about it upon his return to action.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 9/21/20 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Sox great David Ortiz announced that he had COVID, as well as his brother. They have apparently recovered since then.

Also, Astros pitcher Justin Verlander will undergo Tommy John surgery, after having missed most of this mini-season already. Best wishes to him.

(And while of course I wish ill will on nobody, i certainly still have no love lost for his team!) Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 9/22/20 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more people speak out against how bad COVID can be, the better.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 9/28/20 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orioles right fielder Trey Mancini has completed treatments for colon cancer, and,

Astros third base coach Gary Pettis has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Pettis is now on leave from the team, and is expected to make a full recovery.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/13/20 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to believe but one of my Padres, Tommy Pham, was stabbed on Sunday night! He is doing well but it shocked me to hear about this! Article from Union Tribune
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/14/20 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this too and thought, what the actual...? I'm glad that was relatively minor, but riffraff at strip clubs can be common. You just don't expect MLB players to be the victims.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: