Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NLCS - Dodgers vs. Braves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/11/20 11:26 am    Post subject: NLCS - Dodgers vs. Braves Reply with quote

Game 1 will be played at Globe Life Field tomorrow.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 10/12/20 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not happy that we have mid afternoon starts the next couple of days but it's better than our team not being there.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/13/20 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now it's me who doesn't want to post Sad a game update.

The "good" thing that I take away from last night's 5-1 loss to the Braves is the fact that Walker allowed only one run over five innings (though he was removed with nobody out in the sixth, having reached 100 pitches). The first inning solo shot by Freddie Freeman was the only blemish, while Max Fried allowed only one run to the Dodgers on a solo shot by Kike. That left it down to the bullpen. Blake Treinen failed. Every year, when I look back on previous years' postseason failures, it's not the inability of the hitters that strikes me. It's the late inning failures by our relievers. And there's a long list of those. Sad

CK on the mound today.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/13/20 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a little late on reporting this, but CK was scratched and El Gato got the start! What an exciting moment for the rookie! A little bit of concern for Clayton, though--back spasms. Give him another day to rest.

Go Dodgers!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/14/20 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for that! The Dodgers lost, 8-7, but it was never that close until the end, when the tying run was stuck on third base, and they fell 90 feet short of the Braves. They're down 0-2 in the series. We don't know when CK will pitch again. El Gato came storming out of the gate blowing pitches by Braves hitters over four-plus innings, but did allow a two-run home run.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/14/20 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to curl up in a fetal position after that blowout that turned into a nailbiter! What this team will do to us! I also thought MadMax has been getting too many extra chances, though obviously that helps him hit through slumping, but how long can you do that in the playoffs? I was glad he rewarded Doc's trust in him finally, but we can use a lot more of that. Ian Anderson pitched very well and so too did El Gato. What a job by the rookie.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/14/20 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, needless to say, tonight's game was much less stressful. The Dodgers won, 15-3, with a barrage of hits, mostly in the first inning, and some quality pitching by Julio Urias.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/15/20 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Dodgers for that thumping. I was coming home from the grocery store and got home about 5 minutes after the game started. Raul said it was 3-0 and next thing I know while I was putting groceries away, that number kept going up. We looked at each other and said we know our Dodger friends are happy now. Smile
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/15/20 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With players like Cody and Mad Max playing lukewarm around the end of the season, how they were going to play in the playoffs was a big question mark for me. If they're really heating up this is going to trouble for the Braves. They must keep that momentum going!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/15/20 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they didn't. Sad I must get this out of my system now, because I want to sleep better tonight. Clayton didn't pitch badly, but he was outpitched by Wilson (God only knows I don't ALWAYS want Wilsons to succeed!), and worse...the collapse of the Dodgers' bullpen.

Braves 10, Dodgers 2. And to think the Dodgers had the first lead of the game...SMH.

We're down to elimination now. Down three games to one. Will they stay alive or just end with another disappointing October? Remember, I said earlier I would feel less stress and pressure this year because of the shortened season. So if they fail, I have that to fall back on.

But I just don't want to go there.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 10/16/20 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an agonizing loss. Mad I also question the Dodger pitchers' failure to make adjustments for the wind because it sure looked like the Braves were. Give Wilson credit.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/17/20 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team is going to kill me! But for now, let's revel in an emotional win that narrowed the Dodgers' gap to a 3 games to 2 deficit, thanks to Will Smith homering off Will Smith! It was the first time in postseason history that two players with the same name had faced off against each other.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/17/20 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic win for your team. I will not say anything to jinx them today but I just sat down to watch the last few innings of Game 6, since I have been mostly doing housework and folding clothes while watching the first few innings.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/17/20 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord, pick me up off the floor! Dodgers win, 3-1, behind six solid innings by Walker, scoring three first-inning runs, and great relief by (gulp) Pedro Baez and KJ. Max Fried takes the loss for the Braves. Great defensive plays by Dodgers outfielders as well.

"If necessary*" becomes reality!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 10/18/20 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting to force a Game 7 but you know a team like ours can do it. Now the next thing is to win Game 7. I've been so tired of hearing even people on local talk radio writing them off. I understand Padres & Angels fans doing that but to hear some of these hacks on L.A. sports radio deciding already what should happen to the front office, is not right at this time. Also - you heard about Madera's comments? I was so pissed. I hope he speaks only for himself! And I don't want him back at all. I'll be interested to see if he pitches today and just lays down. I'm anxious and concerned. They'd better not let us down again. Corey and Cody need to hit and do that consistently. Mookie has to be the sparkplug and get them going.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 10/18/20 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, gals. I'll support you guys and hope you win. What was it Madera said?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/19/20 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooooooooooohooooooooo!!! And the Dodgers are back in the World Series!

What a game!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 10/19/20 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept checking to see if you posted already! The Dodgers beat the odds. You have to give credit to a lot of defensive plays that kept us in the last couple of games. Mookie's catch, Rojo Chingon's double play on the messed up Braves base running, and doing whatever had to be done to get the win. Super exciting to see them prove the doubters wrong.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 10/19/20 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good defense and a few timely hits were what they needed. Raul & I are happy for you ladies. It is a shame not to be able to get together but I still am not feeling safe enough to spend time out yet. We will watch from home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: