Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot Stove - 2020-21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/5/21 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I wasn't really expecting it no matter how many predicted it, but Trevor is now a Dodger! Three-year deal...welcome back to Socal!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 2/5/21 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PMS has been all over this - apparently it was reported yesterday by Bob Nightengale that Trevor had a deal in place with the Mets. I'm extremely happy he chose to come home!

I'm sure even Padres fans will agree with me, that the NL West is definitely the best pitching division in baseball!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 2/5/21 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have to go along with that. I did not see this happening, I was pretty sure he would sign with the Mets. He should be on the West coast, though.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 2/9/21 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a few days I've heard several misgivings. First, while I know many avowed "BauerOutage" followers on Twitter, I'm not a Twitter user so I only know what I've read that's been retweeted in articles. Remember that he was a lower-key guy back when we originally watched him at UCLA, but then, he wasn't a professional and had much less leeway. However, his legend of sorts has grown in recent years. There is much talk about on-line harassment of others. If this in fact is true, I condemn it. Some fans have questioned whether he will "fit in" with a clubhouse that already thrives on chemistry that's been established over the last several seasons. My response to that is as long as Doc is in charge, I'm not concerned. Trevor will have to adjust and while he's now the highest paid player, he's still the newcomer. I have faith Doc will handle this just fine.

The bigger concern is whether the Dodgers can now re-sign Rojo Chingon. And that's a major issue with most of our fans. After all, this guy has been one of the key players over the last seven years, and in the postseason most of those years. He's the heart and soul of the community as well. This guy thrives on being a Dodger, and being active in several good causes in greater L.A. Reportedly, he's been seeking a longer contract than the Dodgers were willing to offer. Fans are anxious that the negotiations have dragged out this long, and here we are with him still unsigned. You can't just go shopping for a quality third baseman a week before training camps open.

The clock ticks on.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 2/13/21 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres have added RHP Mark Melancon for 1 year pending a physical - article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/13/21 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooohoooo!!! I usually don't post about players who are staying with the same team, but now that Rojo Chingon is secured for two more years, I think he's closing it all out at home. He'll be 38 after this contract is over. We have our third baseman. He's a local boy, and he's a winner.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 2/18/21 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many updates coming!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 2/18/21 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured you most likely heard about this. El Niño for the next catorce catorce años!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 2/18/21 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I understand the excitement and desire to lock him up early--and there's clearly no doubt about his talent and quality of tools--I only question the risk of offering a contract this size to a player who hasn't even played one full season of major league baseball. However, if he stays on track like this, he'll make the NL West exciting for the next decade--along with many young Dodgers, of course. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 2/28/21 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't recall this many late winter moves as we've seen this year, taking us right up to reporting to spring camps.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 3/1/21 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only question the risk of offering a contract this size to a player who hasn't even played one full season of major league baseball.

I have thought about that. It is a big question mark but I think our fans are just so happy to see the Padres taking that risk, and are feeling very optimistic about it. It seems like the organization is so much smarter and more confident than it has been when banking on some questionable trades or signings in the past. I like the direction we have been heading in for the last 3 years and hope it can keep going. Stocking up for a long run and challenging the Dodgers for years to come!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 3/4/21 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're seeing deals made well into exhibition games, and the most recent was the Brewers signing JBJ.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 3/28/21 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, these are the waning days of the Hot Stove thread, as the regular season begins in four more days.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 4/2/21 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know until tonight that the Rockies signed RHP Jhoulys Chacin for one year earlier this week. But here he is, back in Colorado again and on their Opening Day roster, even getting into the series against the Dodgers.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: