Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Uncivil War of California - NLDS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 10/8/21 3:21 pm    Post subject: The Uncivil War of California - NLDS Reply with quote

Game 1 tonight from Oracle Park with Walker on the mound!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/9/21 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB, I assume you're having very limited Wifi access so I'll go ahead and post this. I was afraid the Jints would win Game 1 to make a statement. That's what they did. But you have to give credit to Logan Webb who outpitched Walker. They won 4-0 and the Dodgers couldn't get anything going against him. Julio starts tonight and if he pitches a good game but gets little or no run support, it would be a disaster!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/11/21 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct, and thanks for picking up for me!

I was beyond elated that our guys took it to the Jints in Game 2, winning, 9-2. Julio was clutch, and Belli, of all players, came up big!

Game 3 tonight from Dodger Stadium.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 10/11/21 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of either team, as you know, but I am pulling for the South in this one.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/13/21 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After losing Game 3, our Dodgers roared back in Game 4 at Dodger Stadium, and now a Game 5 is forced tomorrow at Oracle Park!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/13/21 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, Sunny!

Now the big question is, which team advances--the 107-win team, or the 106-win team?

Go Dodger Blue!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/14/21 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am certain my Dodger chicas here are very anxious about tonight! Good luck.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/14/21 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yes, and nervous even after having been in the air all day! Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 10/15/21 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Dodgers won the game, 2-1! Another genius move by Doc switching out Julio and making Corey Knebel the opener. The only thing I worried about was whether the Dodgers would score anything off Logan Webb since he shut them out the last time around. Cody is the hero again proving his struggles may have been worth it if he's hot in October! Bring on the Braves.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 10/15/21 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game! More later.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/16/21 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations - that was some game. I know the Water Hoarders are complaining about that bad call at the end of the game but if you are going to rest your argument a bad check swing call when you just got outplayed, that is pretty weak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: