Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NLCS - Dodgers vs. Braves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/16/21 10:54 am    Post subject: NLCS - Dodgers vs. Braves Reply with quote

It's a rematch of last year's NLCS, and it gets underway tonight in Atlanta. L.A. boy Max Fried will get the ball for the Braves, with Corey Knebel opening--again!--for L.A.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 10/27/21 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 10/17/21 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, DB, where are you? The game last night was winnable for the Dodgers until that baserunning blunder in the 9th by CT3. He sounded like he was so distraught and embarrassed when interviewed later. But, we have the big 3 coming up on the mound. I predict this goes 7 games just like last year.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/18/21 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needless to say, I am not happy! Mad

The Game 1 loss was frustrating because the Dodgers ran themselves out of the inning. Game 2, they should have won. I hate these early series deficits and having to dig themselves out. Capitalize on opportunities early and build the lead. We don't need any more late-inning comebacks and the fact that the series moves to Dodger Stadium now is in their favor, but watch them make that stressful, too.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 10/18/21 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was curious about why Julio was pitching, but I can only imagine how you are feeling about KJ allowing the winning run. I think if Doc stops making starter-in-relief moves when they are scheduled to start one of the next couple of games, you guys might be able to get right back in the series. Their record is super when playing at home so hopefully things go better there.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/19/21 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB, I can't believe I beat you here! That win didn't come easy but then nothing ever does for the Dodgers! My brother was there and he says he is exhausted!
The Braves had a lot of chances to put the game away but didn't. At least our team is back in the series now, because being down 0-3 would have been like on death's doorstep.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/20/21 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still recovering, Sunny! LOL! ????

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/20/21 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't for lack of trying! LOL

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/21/21 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nobody wants to post again after that disaster in the Ravine yesterday. Sad

We're hanging on by a thread.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/21/21 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best thing is avoid having another team clinch on your field. As good as the pitching has been for your Dodgers (exception was yesterday) they still need to hit and score more runs.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/21/21 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They came back from being down 3 to 1 last year but can they do it again? Remember CK was a big part of them winning last year.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 10/22/21 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offense finally got untracked! And against Max, of all pitchers - I didn't see that coming.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/23/21 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the "Shiny Happy People" feeling has faded a bit once it was announced that Mad Max II will not be making tomorrow's start. I just have a sinking feeing in my stomach, and I hope it's for nothing.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/23/21 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it's Walker who will start! There's never a dull moment with the Dodgers and all their pitching announcements. Smile Has he ever pitched on 3 days rest? I don't know what we can expect.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 10/24/21 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think I would be the first to post here - our Dodgers lost Game 6. Sad

Congratulations to the Braves for getting to the World series for the first time since 1999. They really came out and took it away. It might have something to do with the Dodgers eliminating them 3 times in the playoffs over the last 9 years. This time was just their turn, I guess. I'm happy for the guys like Freddie - I hope they win it all!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/24/21 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know! It took me awhile to absorb. And then I lost my phone, which is another whole story.

But all's well now except for the fact that they lost.

Still, we can be happy for one thing--this time, when the clock is reset, it's only to one.

NOT 32. Very Happy

It pains me to say it, but congratulations to the Braves.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 10/27/21 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 10/24/21 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, I was wondering about you. As usual I have heard Doc is taking a lot of heat. As usual your team competed deep even with a lot of injuries and pressure in other ways (you know what I mean). Congratulations on your season. Got to cheer on the Braves now. I will not be doing the tomahawk chant, though! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: