Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cy Young Awards 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 11/17/21 1:11 pm    Post subject: Cy Young Awards 2021 Reply with quote

They will be announced today. For a refresher here is the discussion we had here back in early September - thread link

I am pulling for Julio to win in the NL. It is fun to have 3 contenders from the same team, though.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 11/17/21 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record (and I'm putting it out there now, 15 minutes before the announcements are made), I'm predicting Julio. Earlier, I kept pointing out that while he led in wins, that's such an inexact statistic now compared to earlier eras.

However, he didn't slow down during the month of September, and did lower his ERA while continuing to win and lead the Dodgers to the wild card spot. ("Lead" to the wild card spot is not the way I usually think of it, but in this case, the wild card team won 106 games.)

And while Max could make a compelling case, let's face it, if the Dodgers retained him--he'd have one more CY than Clayton. I could live with it, but might it inspire CK back to 2014 form? Wink
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 11/17/21 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What takes so long, anyway? I checked in expecting both awards would have been announced. The time stated for the announcement was 45 minutes ago. Only the AL was given, so far, and that was Robbie Ray of the Blue Jays. So I guess congratulations are in order for him.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 11/17/21 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pissed that I've been waiting so long! And obviously, it's not Julio, so that's out because they've narrowed it down to Mad Max II, Corbin Burnes, and Zack Wheeler. SMH...
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 11/17/21 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's Corbin Burnes! Surprised

I can't be too mad because he is a St. Mary's guy and a Socal native, and I know El Gato will be happy for him, but I've gotta think El Gato would be happier if one of his own teammates won.

Congrats to the winners, and thanks for nothing, MLB Network. You made me waste close to an hour of my crucial afternoon errand time sitting in front of my damn computer. Evil or Very Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 11/17/21 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shocked me. I had Julio first, Max second and Corbin third. Congratulations to the winners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: