Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MLB Honors Texas School Shootings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 5/25/22 3:54 pm    Post subject: MLB Honors Texas School Shootings Reply with quote

The Texas school shootings yesterday brought me to tears. Sad

Major League Baseball and all of its teams honored the victims last night.

Doc talked to the media about it before yesterday's Dodgers-Nationals game. Some of what he said:

Quote:
"I apologize for not just talking about Dodger baseball, but who is to say that something can’t happen at a ballpark? We gotta all be careful and we have to be proactive and do what is right. Right is right.”

Roberts and the rest of the Dodgers stood out on the field before Tuesday’s game as a moment of silence happened at Nationals Park. The American flag in left field was flying at half staff following the tragedy. The Dodgers’ manager said it was “ironic” that he was sitting in a dugout talking about these issues at the nation’s capital, and he urged decision makers to come to an agreement that would make such tragedies less likely.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 5/25/22 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some people are at odds with the solutions being proposed, but let's stay with the grieving aspect. Somehow or another, this has to end.

Crying or Very sad
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/26/22 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No words left. It happened during Mental Health Awareness Month so maybe this time, someone will pay attention?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 5/28/22 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll get plenty of complaints from the anti-"woke" folks, but baseball can be a force for positive change, even if they don't like it. No matter how much people want baseball to be an "escape", there's really no escaping from tragedies that we could at least address, even if the proposed resolutions are not to their liking.

Fact: Both the Yankees and the Rays have issued PSAs about gun violence in the U.S.

And I know he's opening a can of worms, but the Battery Chuckers' manager, Gabe Kapler, has decided he will remain in the locker room during the national anthem.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 5/31/22 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know something - I don't care how much they will get criticized but I'm glad they're doing it. Keep doing what you have to do until they start taking steps towards making meaningful changes.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/20/22 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Cath, I saw the Missions had an auction to benefit the victims' families.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: