Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

City Connect Uniforms in 2022

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 5/31/22 6:24 pm    Post subject: City Connect Uniforms in 2022 Reply with quote

I just found out the Dodgers are wearing their variation for the first time this year, for tonight's game. I haven't seen them yet. The Rockies got a lot of attention with theirs they wore last weekend that are based on the Colorado license plates with mountain peaks. Does anyone have any thoughts on any of these.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 5/31/22 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for starting this, as I didn't even realize the Dodgers were one of the participating teams this year.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/7/22 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there any more of an abomination than the Dodgers' ugly deep blue "alternates" being worn on, of all days, last Saturday when the Dodgers honored Gil Hodges? I was disgusted. Keep the clean, crisp white look with the blue logo script. Other teams might use alternate jerseys--ours shouldn't. But especially on a night when history and tradition are being honored.

On the other hand, the Angels, for all their woes--and those woes have mounted to a lot lately--have much better looking City Connect uniforms. How did that happen?

Oh, well, I'd rather be where the Dodgers are today than where the Angels are--no matter what unis are being worn!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 6/7/22 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure who makes the decision on when/what games they will be worn. I agree, the Angels' City connects are simple and that's refreshing to see.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/20/22 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brewers wore theirs this weekend.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 7/1/22 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, no! The curses of ugly uniforms have take hold on my team over the years but the new City Connect ones are among the worst! Whatever they are supposed to be honoring, the sunsets of San Diego and the Baja Peninsula, just do not come off right on a baseball uniform. Link from padres.com
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 7/2/22 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like that they are combining the border cities for the uniforms. But pink and mint? It says they're meant to mimic the pink & yellow sunsets but you can hardly see the yellow in outline. I think they made mint more of a noticeable shade instead of yellow because of the Mexico flag colors looking softened a little bit to blend in. The mint cap is a little weird. Pastels are nice but they're better suited for wall paintings.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/4/22 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they look like helados to me, but I hear you both. Smile I understand their attempt to celebrate the dos ciudads, which is admirable and a good marketing move as well.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: