Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAVIN' AT THE RAVINE...AND ON THE ROAD - 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/9/22 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was a tale of two games.

Game 1: The Price is Not Right.

Game 2: El Gato is.

Rubber game to be played tomorrow morning, so will have Baseball at Breakfast again (while working).
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/10/22 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After yesterday's B at B entry, the boys in blue are off to San Francisco for their first trip to Oracle Park this year!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/11/22 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disturbing news last night on many levels. Walker is injured, as most of us predicted since he hasn't been pitching right for several starts, and the Dodgers lost to the Battery Chuckers, meaning that with the Padres' win over the Rockies, their lead in the NL West has been halved to one game.

However, in the big picture there are worse things, which I'll post about separately.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/11/22 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another lackluster effort for the Dodgers in S.F., but I have a feeling they'll win behind Julio tomorrow.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 6/12/22 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, was I ever wrong! The Dodgers not only didn't win, they didn't score a single run again. The team is in a true offensive slump, and looked horrible with RISP in this particular series. I sure hope they hit reset before the series with the Angels begins on Tuesday!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/15/22 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A short two-game set against the Angels at Dodger Stadium--hardly enough time to get on the freeway Smile --resulted in a Dodgers sweep. Tyler Anderson got two outs away from a no-hitter tonight.

Guardians in next, beginning Friday--day off at home tomorrow.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 6/17/22 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never have imagined Tyler Anderson carrying the load he has for the Dodgers. One of the many unexpected twists of the long season.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/18/22 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an annoying loss last night! The Guardians broke a 1-1 tie in the tenth and won, 2-1. Clayton has pitched well in his first two games back from the IL, surrendering two runs last weekend and one last night, but got virtually no support in either game.

Today is my day in L.A. ...and this team had better win.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/19/22 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet you were doing a lot of raving at the Ravine last night! It's nice to have our guys reclaim first place. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/20/22 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was. Nice that they won when I was in attendance, and I'm pretty sure the DBRB was helpful Laughing but with Sunday's loss to the Guardians, they lost the series right there at Chavez Ravine. Unfortunate. And now they hit the road.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/23/22 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the Dodgers are 6-0 vs. the Reds this year, after winning the first two games of this series.

Now we have Baseball at Breakfast today.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/25/22 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was quite a return last night for Freddie coming back to Atlanta, but what did you think of all the pre game comments he made? He was very emotional and I thought it was sweet, but later some said he may have taken it a little too far. I'm not sure he did. But it's a good thing he helped the Dodgers to a win, there!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/25/22 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence there. I thought it was pretty touching right away until DV said it might send the wrong message to his teammates.

The Dodgers did indeed return to the scene of last year's crime, the 2021 NLCS, which they lost at Truist Park. But they came back with a key member of the Braves' lineup now in Dodger Blue, and a veteran Dodger now relieving for the Braves. So far, the teams have split the first two games.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 6/26/22 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, the Dodgers came from having a dead offense for 8 innings tonight to rally back against KJ! They tied the game at 2 in the 9th inning and then ended up winning in 11. It's the first extra inning win for our guys this year!

Back to Freddie. I'm glad this weekend is over. I think all the emotions are out now but from here on, no more of that and even Clayton said a few things about it, saying he hopes we're not "second fiddle." The important thing though is the team Freddie plays for now is the team that won the series. I was impressed with our Dodgers coming back in the last 2 games even though they still lost the middle game.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/28/22 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddie's comments to AM 570 today are as follows; he had just fired his agent yesterday.

Quote:
By Matthew Demeke
Jun 28, 2022

Freddie Freeman declined to comment on changing agents calling it “a fluid situation.”

“It’s time to move on and focus on winning championships with the #Dodgers and that’s what I’m going to do.”

— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) June 28, 2022

“There needs to be closure. It's time. I'm a Dodger for the next six years and that's where my focus lies…I’m happy to be a Dodger.”

Can we now put that matter to rest and focus on the Dodgers being shut out last night...
Confused

Chad Kuhl threw a CG SHO for the Rockies in Coors Field in the opening game of the series. Tyler Anderson suffered his first loss of the season for L.A.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/1/22 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recap of the last few games:

The Dodgers lost the second game of their series at Coors Field, followed up by salvaging the finale.

That ended the road trip and set up a four-game showdown with the Padres to open the homestand last night. Rojo Chingon was responsible for all of the Dodgers' scoring, with a two-run shot followed by a solo shot, leading to a 3-1 win for the home team.

For the Padres, Joe Musgrove definitely had it going until the second home run. Mitch White started for L.A. and threw five solid innings.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 7/2/22 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to read about El Gato's win last night!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/2/22 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Gato is 10-0! The Dodgers have extended their lead to 3.5 games now.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/3/22 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Dodgers can go for the four-game sweep today, after yesterday's 7-2 win, but Mackenzie Gore stands in the way. However, L.A. hands the ball to CK, so it should be a nice pitching duel between the veteran and the rookie southpaws.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/4/22 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Dodgers were unable to pull off the sweep on Sunday, but after taking three of four from the Padres and widening their lead in the West to 3.5 games, the Rockies moved on in to L.A. for a series that started with the Fourth of July game. The opener went to the Dodgers, 5-3, behind El Culichi.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: