Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Hail the Mighty...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlred

PostPosted: Thu 9/6/07 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(lol) you couldn't resist. Did BJ bring any hotdogs out with her.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 1/2/09 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed it's been over a year since this thread was posted in.

Yes, we did grill them this week at a certain function I attended...more on that later.

Also, I'll be adding a photo from a related event soon...

But for now, I wanted to honor the Dodger Dog®'s updated legacy in 2008.

"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 1/18/09 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone here has been to the Texas Rangers minor league ballpark in Oklahoma City? I think I remember someone posting something about OKC here awhile ago, but I don't remember what. The reason I brought this up is, a friend of mine went to a game there last year, and they serve Farmer John Dodger Dogs at that park. They have a tribute to the great cuisine of Major league ballparks. My friend was surprised to see that as he didn't know in advance before his trip. Fenway Park dogs, Chicago and Milwaukee are the other ballpark dogs they serve there. Now if they give away a Dodger Dog bobblehead there I'm really going to crack up.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/23/13 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four years since this thread has been posted in--well, today is National Hot Dog Day, so why not a bump for a tribute to the mighty DD? Very Happy

And to be fair, here's a round-up from MLB.com of baseball fans and their beloved 'dogs, ending with the caption,

Quote:
And where would we be without the iconic Dodger Dog, MLB's all-time bestseller?

Iconic, indeed.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/23/22 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gosh, has it been nine years since this thread was last active? LOL!

The beginning of the end of the Dodger Dog® by Farmer John came in October, 2020, just as the Dodgers were about to win the World Series. It was the night that I was warned by another fan that Smart & Final was out of DDs and when he asked a clerk about it, he said he didn't know if any more would be coming in.

Cause for alarm! Well, I thought maybe it was just his S&F store in O.C. that was affected, so I went to my neighborhood store and sure enough, the DDs were not only missing from the case, but the label of the shelf they'd usually be found on had been removed! Exclamation

Nobody knew or understood what was happening or why.

But a few months later, just before the 2021 season began, it was announced that Opening Day at Dodger Stadium would feature the new Dodger Dogs® by Papa Cantella. Skeptical that such a tradition could be carried out successfully following Farmer John's 50+ year run, I ordered one for the first game of last season, and was relieved to find out it was still true to the same taste. Maybe not the same "westernmost in flavor" boast (I'm sure that's trademarked), but still pretty legit, and made by another local company located in Vernon. Unfortunately, not carried by S&F, but I've heard they can be found at some Vons' stores, just like the Farmer John's variety.

Still a native Angeleno, always--the Dodger Dog®.

Welcome to a new era. And thanks for a great half-century, Farmer John.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/25/22 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol but thanks for the updates even though there sure was a lot of angst being expressed last year! I agree and think Papa Cantella's has done a good job making them taste pretty true to what we're used to. I do miss getting them at Smart & Final too - especially with 4th of July coming up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: