Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padres 1998 - 25 Years Later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/31/23 2:11 pm    Post subject: Padres 1998 - 25 Years Later Reply with quote

It was 25 years ago this month my boys last went to the World series. Seems like things were different in so many ways then, not just that they were playing at Qualcomm Stadium before Petco Park, but when I think back I realize how differently the game was played and managed at that time. No wonder Bruce Bochy did such a great job, he was allowed to do what he wanted. Remember the days when you could have 1 lineup out there mostly every day? This was back in those days. The players responded to Boch and won the NL West going away. Then they did a couple of things people did not expect, beat the Killer Bs (Astros) and the Braves to get to the World series. Only the Yankees could stop them there. But even with being swept in that, there were so many thrills all year long, with Tony, Cami, Steve Finley, and Kevin Brown in his only season here. Sweet memories for me and my family!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: