Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Signs of Life...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 1/22/24 6:24 pm    Post subject: Signs of Life... Reply with quote

Dodger Stadium continues to host workouts for individual players throughout January. Shoh-time's arrival a couple of weeks ago drew major attention for obvious reasons. He shagged fly balls in the outfield, for those who are concerned that he's "only a DH" this season.

Over this past weekend, it was shortstop Gavin Lux, attempting to bounce back from an entire missed season, getting back into the hang of it. And that's not to mention RHPs Bobby Miller, coming off a fabulous rookie season, who was throwing at the Ravine over the last couple of days.

Walker, attempting to return to form from TJ surgery after missing all of 2023, joined him for awhile, too.

All of this is ramping up to Dodgers FanFest, which will take place on Vin Scully Ave. on Saturday, February 3. I'm sensing perhaps the most excitement for any one of the Fanfests, particularly given that one sparkling addition of the best overall player in baseball.

The Caribbean Series will begin play in under two weeks, as well.

And opening night for NCAA baseball is almost up on us, just three Fridays away.

Those who think the date "pitchers and catchers report" is the big date looming on the horizon have probably missed a few others. But we live by a different calendar than most. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 1/22/24 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

La vida beisbol!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 1/23/24 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could say the same but my Padres are silent about a Fanfest so far. Last year you probably remember it was the same weekend as the Dodgers - but no announcement yet and we are under 2 weeks till that date.

I am still excited for the season as I am every year, but tempering expectations after last year! Meanwhile, yes the LMP playoffs and Caribbean Series will keep us busy. Tony Gwynn Legacy Tournament starts 1 month from today, Feb. 23. Aztecs will open at home on Feb. 16 against Portland, but Toreros will start the season on the road, though I forgot already where. I know their first home series will be the same weekend as the Gwynn tourney.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 1/29/24 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like I might get to go to Fan Fest! I will know for sure by Friday. My brother already has an extra ticket that he's saving for me or will give up to someone else if I can't go. I questioned a bit them charging $10 for admission when it was always free before. I guess that's part of the star-studded new team. Also - did you notice originally (when I checked the weather forecast a few days ago) it was supposed to rain on Saturday, but now that was moved up to Thursday and Friday, and it should be partly cloudy on Saturday. But chilly! I think I saw around 59-60. Bundle up to stay warm.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 1/30/24 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That, for sure! As long as it stays dry. Smile

Seeing Shoh-time out at the stadium again yesterday gets me really excited for Saturday.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 1/30/24 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not mentioned earlier but the UCLA Alumni Game was played this past Saturday at Jackie Robinson Stadium. I had tried to find any information about the Aztecs but I did not see anything listed until opening night. Sad
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 1/30/24 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this on Youtube. I've heard from several who attended what a good time they had last Saturday.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 1/31/24 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed watching that, thanks. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 2/1/24 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the Clairemont Hilltoppers had a pre-season clinic at Cadman Field last Sunday. Is it ever beginning to feel like baseball is in the air!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 2/1/24 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I hear somewhere that the Dodgers are charging for their Fan Fest this year? I just put up some info about how ours is scheduled for just before the start of the season. Not my ideal time to have one. But, it will happen.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 2/2/24 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dodgers are charging $10 for entry for non-STHs. It's a first. I still don't think they should charge anyone.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 2/5/24 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am waiting for a report from one or both of you ladies. How did the event go on Saturday.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 2/5/24 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was unable to go as I thought I might. Sad I guess we're just waiting for DB to post now. I saw it was quite a turnout there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: