Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Bets at the Gate - 2024 Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 2/6/24 5:42 pm    Post subject: Best Bets at the Gate - 2024 Season Reply with quote

Here's another teaser!
Smile

Truthfully, I'm a little disappointed in the Dodgers' promotional items this season, but as usual I have a certain date in September circled on my calendar, because this year--unlike in some other years--Dia de los Dodgers is already scheduled for September 24 (vs. the Padres!), rather than being added later in the season.

However, I love that the calendar lists the Dodgers hosting the Jints on April Fool's Day--so appropriate. Twisted Evil

Generally, I look for outstanding items that are unique or at least somewhat celebrating the history of the team without simply capitalizing on the same players. Everyone knows I'm not the biggest bobblehead connoisseur, but it's hard to ignore that Sho-time now has not one, but two, bobblehead nights in his first season with the real L.A. team. Yoshinobu Yamamoto has his own coming, too.

If there's one "alumni" bobblehead I've been clamoring for, for a few years, it's finally arrived--Dusty Baker bobblehead night will take place on August 9 vs., of all teams, the Pirates (????)

Other than the standard Mexican Community Night, Star Wars Night and Hello Kitty Night, look for these other group games to come:

Japanese Heritage Night - July 2 vs. Diamondbacks

Korean Heritage Night - May 22 vs. Diamondbacks

Native American Heritage Night - July 19 vs. Red Sox

Guatemalan Heritage Night - September 10 vs. Cubs

Lakers "Showtime" Jersey - August 24 vs. Rays

(Yes...40 years ago there was actually another "Showtime" Smile )

Kobe Jersey - August 25 vs. Rays

Women's Night - July 24 vs. Jints

Filipino Heritage Night - August 29 vs. Orioles

Black Heritage Night - June 15 vs. Royals (I really like the jersey giveaway design)

Mental Health Awareness Night - May 4 vs. Braves

And of course, the traditional Jackie Robinson promotion (a cap, this year) on April 15, vs. Nationals.

And there will be others added as the season progresses, we know from previous experience. I'd keep an eye open for Jewish Community Night to come.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 2/6/24 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shotime bobblehead game tickets are outrageously priced. Nobody is surprised.

Thanks for the updates and I will start considering which games to attend. It's very nice they will honor Dusty with a bobblehead. I agree, it's a strange series and they should have scheduled it against the Battery Chuckers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: