Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mid-Winter Thrills and Beyond! - 2024

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 2/6/24 6:51 pm    Post subject: Mid-Winter Thrills and Beyond! - 2024 Reply with quote

Only ten days away until Opening night at Tony Gwynn Stadium!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 2/6/24 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is sad this is the beginning of the end. Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 2/7/24 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be at Tony Gwynn Stadium a week from this Friday! Season opener vs. Portland. Looking forward to the Gwynn Memorial Classic, too.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 2/12/24 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving forward, enough with the football already, I really whet my taste for baseball with that series last week! Please bring on this weekend as soon as possible. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 2/15/24 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Opening Day Eve! Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 2/16/24 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now - the real opening night!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 2/17/24 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sour opening night result for both USD and SDSU. Sad Aztecs pitching struck out 15 and still lost at home to the Pilots in their season opener. Toreros lost to the Longhorns on the road, 7-3. Though Texas is ranked which seems more respectable. Portland isn't a D1 baseball powerhouse. And though it's been a few years I'm still not quite used to UCSD in D1 but they at least won last night! We're going to their game tomorrow afternoon. They opened at home against San José State and limited them to just 1 infield single all night and won 3-1. Junior Ryan Forcucci struck out 11 over 5 shutout innings. Izaak Martinez gave up an unearned run throwing 4 innings out of the bullpen.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/17/24 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, evidently I was at the wrong stadium last night.

Now I'm just looking forward to next weekend at Fowler Park.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 2/17/24 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USD got in the win column today! They won 6-5 in 11. Interesting that SDSU is currently playing in the 11th inning in their game, too, with a 6-6 score.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 2/18/24 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say I don't expect much from the Aztecs this year. They lost again by 1 run, 7-6 in 13 innings yesterday. Hoping they avoid the sweep when we're there today. This is Portland they're playing, not some ranked team.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 2/19/24 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You picked the right game to attend, Sunny. Aztecs notched their first win of the year, 7-1, following two close losses.

Now, on to Friday night at Fowler Park!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 2/21/24 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice to see Parker Byrd, what an inspiration.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 2/23/24 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And so, we shall be back in San Diego for the Tony Gwynn tournament this weekend!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/23/24 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! See you at Fowler Park.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 2/23/24 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home this afternoon and we're now on way to Montezuma Mesa, not Fowler Park (until Sunday). Mizzou vs. Aztecs game starting in 15 minutes, I'm posting from the car. Maybe our paths cross sometime before the end of the weekend?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/23/24 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprise! Both the Aztecs and Toreros won tonight, SDSU over Missouri, and USD over Arizona.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 2/25/24 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems strange that there is a Sunday game with a 6 pm start today. I thought about going to the afternoon USD-Arizona game, but after the schedule I had the last few days, decided maybe I am really too old for this, and Linda I know you are starting to feel your age too Smile But driving to the desert Wednesday night and then coming back Friday morning, going to games locally on Friday night and Saturday night have taken a lot out of me! And by the way Max McGwire did pinch hit in last night's game when USD beat AZ. I think he has only played in 2 or 3 of the first 7 games. I was impressed the Toreros won the first 2 of this series. Tony Gwynn Stadium tonight it will be, for the Aztecs vs. Utes.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 2/25/24 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just seeing a lot of inconsistency with this team like we did last year. Record is 3-4 and a lot of losses to so-so teams.

Jacob McCombs' grand slam vs. CSUB yesterday was a highlight of the weekend.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 2/26/24 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good weekend full of baseball, ladies!

Next weekend--Dodgertown Classic at Dodger Stadium!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 2/28/24 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to see they're bringing that back. I don't think it was played for a couple of years?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: