Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blotter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 1/8/14 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost feel compelled to post again about the same subject, given that the video has been released to TMZ with YP's "pink shorts" (LOL)...which of course is great fodder for Jints fans. Evil or Very Mad
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 1/10/14 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our neighbor was saying, no wonder he has the Route 66 nickname. Wink
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 1/12/14 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is what I've advocated should have been happening all along...

From the L.A. Times:

"Yasiel Puig Speed Control: Dodgers outfielder hires a Driver"

By Steve Dilbeck

January 10, 2014, 11:56 a.m.

Baby, you can drive my car

Ah, Yasiel Puig. A humongous bundle of energy and unpredictability. Talent almost shoots out of his pores. He can do almost anything, which is both good and bad.

He can unleash a laser throw to the plate or to places unknown, allowing the runner to take an extra base. He can help out a neighborhood Little League team or drive 110 MPH with his mother in the car.

But for all those hoping the 23-year-old outfielder will finally learn from his mistakes, comes this: Hes hired a driver.

After two arrests for reckless driving, the latest in Florida with his mother, Puig has apparently surrendered the wheel. Dodgers president Stan Kasten told KLAC-AM (570) Thursday that for now Puig has hired his cousin to drive him around.

I give him credit for taking that step if nothing else, Kasten told radio hosts Mark Willard and Ben Lyons.

No word on his cousins driving record, but in theory it should be an improvement. Puig was arrested for reckless driving in Florida two weeks ago. He was also arrested for going 97 MPH in a 50-MPH zone while with Double-A Chattanooga in April; a judge dismissed that for his community service. Both times he was apparently driving without proof of insurance.

Kasten said both he and General Manager Ned Colletti have spoken to Puig after his recent arrest, but Kasten said he also went to Chattanooga, Tenn., after the first one to talk to his mercurial outfielder.

I sat him down myself when that happened and made it clear what we expect of him," Kasten told 570. I said then that, even if he thinks he can get away with it because he's in Chattanooga, if you ever get to the big leagues, nothing -- nothing -- is going to escape attention. He brought that up to me today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Viva el primo!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 2/12/14 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even though this is old news by now--for the record, charges were dropped in YP's case.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 2/13/14 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was old news, it was still news to me because I had not heard that! Last I remember was the pink shorts, and the cousin! Lol!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/14/14 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rangers catcher Geovany Soto was arrested for marijuana possession over the weekend.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/5/14 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!! Everth has been arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana. Although he is on the DL I still do not like this! Who knew when I adopted him as my favorite player we would see a domestic violence charge, PED suspension, and now this. At least the DV charge was dropped!

Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 9/5/14 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, geez. The article does note:

Quote:
The CHP statement said that upon his arrival at the CHP office, Cabrera was not showing signs of being under the influence of marijuana.

But, released to his mother-in-law?

This guy seems to have a dark cloud hovering over him, some of it self-created, but not all.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/6/14 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I feel bad posting this. Sad

Everth duped us from the Union Tribune.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 9/8/14 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know, I was heartsick when I read this over the weekend. Did you read the comments in the tweets? I knew he was a likeable guy but I guess with all his problems, I picked the wrong one to make my favorite player. Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 9/11/14 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legal issues cloud status for Everth
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 11/7/14 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news just keeps getting worse for Everth...now he's been charged, retroactively, with resisting arrest.

From padres.com:

Quote:
The Padres sent out a statement that said, "We are deeply troubled by the charges filed today against Everth Cabrera. We will defer to the judicial system to resolve the legal aspects of this case. As it relates to his future with the Padres, we will make a determination in the near future."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 11/7/14 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Time to find a new favorite Padre. Crying or Very sad
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 11/12/14 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it comes out:

Oscar Taveras was drunk when the accident occurred which killed him and his girlfriend last month.

Five times the legal limit? I'm not sure what the limit is in the D.R., but even if it's lower than here, to multiply it by five would still be pretty intoxicated.

Lives lost again because of a poor decision.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 11/13/14 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it - but I was almost waiting for the other shoe to drop. It is still horrible to lose a life but to know he could have prevented it should really get some people upset. It is too bad we do not have any Cardinals fans here anymore because there sure seems to be a trend in that organization and I would like to hear their thoughts on it. I am not saying it could not happen anywhere else, but it sure seems like every year or so we hear about something happening to a Cardinal player that is thought to be tragic but ends up being preventable. I really hate to say anything more now - I should just leave it at that - but I have no sympathy for them putting their own lives as well as other lives in danger. Also was there another player of theirs who died a few years ago (before I came onto this forum) in a DUI accident - cannot seem to remember his name.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 11/14/14 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was Josh Hancock. And yes, I've been checking on other sites for comments but the Cards fans who formerly posted here have been quiet about it.

I read this statement on the Cardinals' home page from GM John Mozeliak:

Note the comment "...We have an obligation to use this as an opportunity to educate our players that they must take responsibility for themselves both on and off the field." Shouldn't that have been an ongoing educational opportunity from top to bottom of the organization after Hancock's death? Obviously, no one franchise is responsible for so many individual choices that are made, but the fact is it has been an issue at many levels in the Cardinals' organization, and it almost sounds from this statement as if it didn't occur to them before. SMH...

Well, as discouraging as all this news is and especially with lives lost, you do have to acknowledge that there is something worse than all the news about Everth, Cathy. And that's not meant to be disrespectful, just trying to shed some perspective on things.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 11/16/14 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Everth has not killed anyone, and Taveras has, besides himself. I guess people just think that if you are already dead that would make it a moot point. Which is true in a way because he got the worst punishment of all for his mistake. Too bad he had to take someone else down with him.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 11/16/14 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the self-serving Bernie Miklasz has suddenly decided he isn't fit to judge others (wish he'd have decided that when he was judging all the Dodgers), according to his column about Oscar and the conflicting emotions involved with someone who lost his life while committing a crime. Yes, a Cardinals fan friend from another page finally broke the silence and posted this.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 11/19/14 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/17/14 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever. He makes some good points but if it was another team's player he probably would have no problem pointing the finger.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 12/6/14 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it appears Everth pleaded "not guilty"?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 3/9/15 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this thread was left off abruptly with Everth's plea in December, and now three months later is the first time to revisit it? That's probably a good sign. Very Happy

Unfortunately, Reds prospect Tanner Rahier, out of Palm Desert, was arrested and charged with a felony after a fight in an Arizona restaurant tonight. According to this article, he threw a rock that hit a woman and knocked her unconscious? Even though wincing, I am anxious to hear the rest of this story. Shocked

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 3/11/15 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that has to be a great way to impress your team. Rolling Eyes

As for the previous last post in this thread I can say Everth is now no longer our problem although he was, when it was posted! Surprised
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 3/12/15 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His latest hearing has been postponed until next week, with the trial date pushed into the regular season, according to this article in the U-T (from January).

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 7/10/15 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it has been awhile since this thread was posted in. But this is not the NFL, Lol. Anyway Reds assistant hitting coach Lee Tinsley was arrested last weekend on DUI charges - article from mlb.com Glad he did not hurt anyone but that will ruin your holiday weekend pretty quick.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/10/15 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to minimize it, but it appears he was at about the legal limit. Depending on the circumstances, he could beat it. At least he wasn't three times the legal limit like some.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 11/10/15 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this isn't the NFL, this thread gets a rest here and there without a post, and in this case it's been four months.

But, now there's an ugly situation in the news, as Rockies SS Jose Reyes has been charged in a domestic violence incident, and MLB's DV policy could be put to use for the first time.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/28/15 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to say anything until the facts are out, but this isn't sounding too good. YP is being investigated by MLB after being involved in some type of bar fracas in Miami. Here's the article from dodgers.com

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 12/8/15 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Has there been enough drama over the last few days?

Zack bolts for Arizona...the Van Slyke comments which will be addressed separately (don't want to get this thread off topic)...the Dodgers were said to be finalizing a trade with the Reds for reliever Aroldis Chapman, and then this--Chapman being investigated for domestic violence following an incident which took place in October at his Miami area home.

From MLB.com:

Quote:
(Reds GM Walt Jocketty noted), "This actually came up in the last 24 hours. That's not what held up the trade. We just weren't able to complete it as fast as we wanted to."

The Boston Globe reported on Monday night that the Red Sox learned of the incident in November while doing a background check during trade discussions with the Reds. The discovery led them to instead strike a deal with the Padres for Craig Kimbrel.

The police report stated that the incident was triggered by an argument after the girlfriend saw something on Chapman's mobile phone. Chapman, 27, admitted to police he fired eight shots with a handgun, seven of them lodging in a concrete wall and one penetrating and exiting a window into an open field.

Chapman's girlfriend accused the pitcher of choking her and pushing her against the wall. She said she ran outside and hid in bushes on the property while calling police "because she was scared for her and her daughter," who is 4 months old. It is not clear, the Yahoo! Sports story said, whether the child is Chapman's.

Chapman's attorney, Jay Reisinger, vehemently denied the accusations to Yahoo! Sports, and Praver Shapiro Sports Management, Chapman's agency, declined to comment when reached by MLB.com on Monday.

The Yahoo! Sports story said Chapman told police he used his index and middle fingers to poke his girlfriend on the left shoulder, that his girlfriend fell to the floor and started yelling. The girlfriend's brother came into the room, Chapman said, and pushed him to the ground. Family and friends separated them.

Chapman also told police he punched the window of his Land Rover and cut the knuckle on the pinkie of his left hand, then fired the gunshots and threw the weapon aside. The report quoted assistant state attorney Marcie Zaccor as saying that, "due to conflicting stories, no cooperating witnesses and no physical injuries, there is insufficient evidence to charge Mr. Chapman with simple battery."

The Yahoo! Sports story included news of a possible burglary at the house a month earlier, in which Chapman told police he believed his girlfriend had taken a key without permission. Chapman also reportedly was cited earlier for a noise-ordinance violation after neighbor complaints of loud music.

Sheesh! Do we need more of this?

Let the investigation proceed.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 12/8/15 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a really ugly story coming to light. Even if it is not as bad as it could have been, it would still be pretty bad.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 2/8/16 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read my last post in this thread. It was exactly 2 months ago today. I believe I heard an update sometime in the last month that Chapman was not going to be charged.

Anyway I was coming here to post about Delmon Young who is in trouble again this time after an altercation with a parking attendant in Miami. Since he is an FA this offseason it does not do his cause much good. I have had him on my Socal rotisserie team in the past and he did very well for me, but not in quite awhile. This is not good to hear.

Article from mlb.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: