Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bunny Moments
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 7:24 am    Post subject: Bunny Moments Reply with quote

C'mon, how could we not resurrect this thread?

RAWR! Laughing

dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea...it's the thread where "no commentary is required." Cool

"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 2/14/07 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This pic was sent to me by Andrew Wooley, a professional photopgrapher/Phils fan. I HAD to have one of the new hair *s* This photo is copyrighted to Mr. Wooley so please look but do not take.

DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's my favorite Astro. Can you ladies from the old, old board believe that our little Brandon is married? They grow up so fast Crying or Very sad

dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, thanks for the professional one, K. Jason looks much better in BLUE than in red. Laughing
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
LOL, thanks for the professional one, K. Jason looks much better in BLUE than in red. Laughing

Laughing Laughing You can't have him! He's mine! Laughing Laughing

It's just too bad he's not facing the camera and you can't see how the blue jersey makes his eyes pop Wink

I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny. I'm not a ball bunny.
Francine

PostPosted: Mon 8/15/05 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite bunny moment was September 12, 1998 at Veteran's stadium. I know some of you have already heard this story but for those who haven't let me have my fun,lol

I knew it would be Mark Portugal's last month as a Phillie and since I had the pitching rotation down Shocked ( I mean what pitching fan doesn't?) a good friend of mine never went to a baseball game and wanted a better look at this "Portugal guy",lol. She has a professional camera (this is very important to the story). So............I called the Phillies and told the girl, who took the ticket order, I needed good seats to see my man pitch! After a brief discussion on Mr Portugal ( Rolling Eyes ) She informed me I could see him just fine from my seats..........fist base line, first row behind the box seats (Yeah!)

We left the kids home this time as they were younger and I wanted to enjoy one last game seeing Mark pitch in Phillies pinstripes........... He was just walkng from the pen to the dug out when we arrived and I yelled "There he is"..........My friend looked and commented on how short he was Confused . I ignored it,lol So> the three of us made our way to our wonderful seats! My hubby in his "Abreu" jersey, My friend with her camera, with this BIG lenz might I add,lol.............and me, in my Red BP Phillies jersey with "Portugal" and "21" on the back Wink

Let me tell you, he was amazing that night! 9 ininngs, complete game... they ended up winning 14-2. So everytime he was at bat or pitching, this camera took pictures. We moved around to get better shots. The hostesses let us take photos from right near the Phillies dug out....... My husband was enjoying the game , razzing me with with the people in our section,lol and at one point someone yelled out "There's Portugal's wife, no wonder he's pitching well".........I was like "where????" and my friend pointed out they were refering to ME.............LOL

Somwhere around the 5th inning these two girls came down from the upper decks and asked if they could sit behind us, as nobody used those seats. The people behind us to our right, who we were chatting with all night said "sure" as did the people to the left and everyone introduced themselves. They were women, alone . One said she loved baseball and the Phillies and her husband hated baseball so she took her friend with her. Yeah, her friend. This blond bomb shell who was clearly dresses to impress, if you know what I mean. They start chatting and whispering......."What is his name? Mark? ("ok",says the blonde) I'm gonna go down to the dug out and ask if I can speak to Mark" Let me explain they were a bit drunk too............They argued during the "whispers" and my friend and I looked at eachother and laughed. My husband was enjoying the game and could care less,lol Let me explain again,lol there were 4 guys named Mark on the '98 Phillies: Lieter, Parent, Lewis and Porchie.

She makes her way to the dugout. The guard turns her away. She comes back up and is pissed. Her friend, the phillies fan was hysterical....... She starts on how she just asked "speak" to him and the guard yelled at her,lol the game is going on and everyone is enjoying the masacre of the Pirates, at Porchie's expense,lol. He even got a double Laughing at the plate.

I was really enjoying myself. At this point this blonde bunny starts massaging my husband's shoulders and says "how do you say your last name? Abrewe"....................My husband was in sheer shock. I turned around and said "Barbie, get you hands off my husband".......She was like "YOUR HUSBAND????". I thought your husband was the pitcher".......... I laughed so hard, my husband did not find it that amusing. I then explained how she really must not know much about the game, as we both had our favorite player jersey's on and how Abreu is they guy in right field. She felt like a real ass and it showed. Her friend also thought I was Mark's wife and said she saw a photo in the Phillies yearbook and thought it was me....To be honest, from the photo in the yearbook in question, there is a resemblence. But the entire incident was hysterical... I did get alot of great photos that night and the reason many thought I was the wife was because of my friend's professional camera...........My jersy and where I was sitting.LOL

When the game was over I made my way to the dug out and was cheering and crying........I could not help it. It was the best game I ever saw him pitch in person. he looked up, tipped his cap. I want to say he tipped it at me,lol but he was looking up to Ed Wade's booth as he was trying to get a contract,lol but I would love to be able to say he tipped his cap to me,lol Oh and the blonde bunny..........it started to rain towards the end of the game and she went inside the satdium so her hair would not get wet.........she was drunk and the satff threatened to throw her out,lol she came back to her friend, who refused to leave, and bitched about her hair................it was classic bunny moment! My husband would not wait after the game, I wanted to wait for Porchie to come out, to see if he'd sign my jersey. I figured it was my best shot, he pitched well, a CG and won, he'd be in a good mood...........but my husband wanted to leave.... Crying or Very sad

Not much of a bunny moment for me.........but a favorite memory. Wink
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/17/05 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...he sure had a nice bat.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Francine

PostPosted: Thu 8/18/05 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, nice bat huh?????????????? Wink
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Thu 8/18/05 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like that other picture that we can't post? Laughing
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this photo page! The captions are so funny I'm sitting at my desk at work covering my mouth so no one can see me holding in my laughter.
PhillieBlue

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I am gonna play dumb. What is a "bunny?" I guess that's what happens when you're the mama among all you young'uns.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A baseball "bunny" is a female who is only interested in the players' looks. Smile

All of us here are serious baseball fans but some of us confess to having those moments of weakness when, well, you know. Wink

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I seem to have found my way back here...:

(Ignore the source!) Evil or Very Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Wed 7/30/08 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
la_periodista

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to meet Barry Zito at a youth baseball camp hosted by the local minor-league team last December. But it was the weekend before I got out of school, so I got so stressed that I ended up getting sick. To this day, I still kick myself for not being able to go, but it was probably better because it was cold and rainy anyway (as my fellow CA girls can attest to, because it was that way for quite awhile!)
Prior to the baseball camp, my editor (the managing editor at Futurebacks) made a point of mentioning that Zito is single, and I had to laugh because I'm already in a serious relationship, but I still let my imagination run away with me every so often... Very Happy

By the way, especially for you, L...

http://www.sdhumane.org/howyoucanhelp/karros.htm
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!! Thanks. Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you got me started again...

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Sandi

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_periodista,

Love the Ryan Klesko pic on that calendar! He's got a fine pet there. Very Happy
I need to introduce you all to my feathered friend sometime. Will work on getting a baseball-related picture of him soon.
Sandi

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say it was so great to see Mike Matheny back in Busch Stadium this past weekend. He got a very warm welcome from the fans and from his old teammates alike. In turn, Mike was quite nice to the fans, talking with us and spending quite a bit of time signing autographs, taking pictures with, etc.

I heard Mike do a radio interview yesterday morning about being back in St. Louis, and he said he was really surprised by the amount of attention he received, and was touched by the fan reaction to his first at-bat on Friday night, and on Saturday when the Cardinal bench cleared to come and shake his hand for the pre-game presentation of his NL Championship ring

Don't be so surprised... St. Louis still loves ya, Mike!

Tony LaRussa had a funny quote in the paper about the weekend, too. He commented about Mike's sincerity in being thankful to Cardinal fans and his old teammates, and how it's not something we normally would see out of Mike, but his emotions just got the best of him. Tony said, "He's got a lot of cupcake in him. He's macho with an asterisk."

I'm saving that quote... love it!
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/05 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something for our Sox fans...

teks tangibles

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/05 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I enjoyed the home run more or the way that Tek jumped on Kevin. If you watch Tek like I do, you will notice that he is all seriousness. Whether he hits a home run or strikes out, he walks right back to the dugout with that same serious look on his face, sits down, and just puts on his catcher's equipment.....expressionless. He can look up at people signing autographs and his face does not change. So to see him smile like that was really great......

This is one of my favorite pictures.....on the plane on the way home from the WS.

Ruth
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whether he hits a home run or strikes out, he walks right back to the dugout with that same serious look on his face, sits down, and just puts on his catcher's equipment.....expressionless.

Oh brother! I forgot you weren't on the old board. We had a thread about how Shawn Green was the most expressionless guy in baseball. Even his bobblehead showed more feeling than Shawn. Poor old Greenie--after being banished from the Dodgers his lack of emotions gets very little attention. Smile

This is the best I saw it get, and it's certainly worthy of the Bunny thread!:

-Baseball Hall of Fame
teks tangibles

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I love Shawn Green, a nice Jewish boy......

I don't get to see him play very much. We don't seem to see the National League much...well, unless it's a Braves game since we can see all of them....superstation!!! I can listen on MLB radio, but it's not the same.

Ruth
CgrGrl

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teks tangibles wrote:

This is one of my favorite pictures.....on the plane on the way home from the WS.

I love looking at the guys in street clothes like that. Yeah, uniforms are nice, but I like regular clothes too.
Francine

PostPosted: Sun 8/28/05 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cowboys and idiots who broke that nasty curse Laughing .......................how cute are they?
soxygirl18

PostPosted: Sun 8/28/05 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curse???.......what curse??? Very Happy
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 9/12/05 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered this card through ebay...isn't it the cutest? Laughing

PB...in your picture is that Christiansen?
PhilsPhan

PostPosted: Wed 9/14/05 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having major Maz withdrawals Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

That being said, I was watching the Phils/Braves game last night and couldn't help but notice how cute Marcus Giles is.

K, since you're so good at it, I'm putting you in charge of posting some pictures of him. Thanks in advance - you're such a doll!! Very Happy
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Wed 9/14/05 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, you're lucky I'm nice enough to post pictures of a Brave for you Razz

And for good measure his brudder the almost Phillie Brian
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Wed 9/14/05 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CgrGrl wrote:
teks tangibles wrote:

I love looking at the guys in street clothes like that. Yeah, uniforms are nice, but I like regular clothes too.

Yeah but only when they're nice street clothes. Poor Jason definitely needs a fashion consultant.

With my luck his mom bought him this shirt and she somehow reads this and then tells Jason I'm mean. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: