Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bunny Moments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 2/21/10 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cari...

Bottom of the ninth inning, 10/2/04, Dodgers vs. Giants...his grand slam wins the division for the Dodgers.

Now you reocgnize him, right? Very Happy

Of course he's a former Padre and former Astro too, but those teams had him longer than the two months we had him.

Still--what an impact in that short time!

But I mentioned the other teams because many of the posters here can relate to him.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Sun 2/21/10 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
DodgerGirl1965

PostPosted: Sun 2/21/10 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Cari...

Bottom of the ninth inning, 10/2/04, Dodgers vs. Giants...grand slam wins the division for the Dodgers.

Of course he's a former Padre and former Astro too, but those teams had him longer than the two months we had him.

Still--what an impact!
I dont recognize him.I recognized Ausmus with the surfboard. Cari
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 2/22/10 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bottom of the ninth inning, 10/2/04, Dodgers vs. Giants...his grand slam wins the division for the Dodgers.

Even as a non Dodger fan I'll admit I was pulling for him there! What an exciting moment for your team! Not many titles are won on a walk-off GS. Did you hear about his failed restaurant venture in Del Mar? It was just mentioned in the U T this weekend.

Now here's one of our young shortstop Everth Cabrera, quite a cutie

riverdunesrat

PostPosted: Wed 2/24/10 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Well, that is weird. I even viewed it on both my home and work computers, and it showed up both places.

I linked it to another site so let's try this again. Presenting Brad Ausmus' neighbor...

for Riverdunesrat:

Forgive me Linda but is that Steve Finely? I always thought he was cute and he was one of those baseball fundamental players that seem so far and between these days and a part of my attraction to him. I'm all about the old school baseball, thanks to my Dad and trust me, I thank him for that nearly everyday.

Yet, what up with those high water pants? He looks like an old lady.

riverdunesrat

PostPosted: Wed 2/24/10 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Cari...

Still--what an impact in that short time!

But I mentioned the other teams because many of the posters here can relate to him.

Actually he played for every team in the NL West, go figure.....
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/25/10 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back by popular demand, the Bunny Thread/World Series edition!

Go Rangers!

"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/26/10 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah!!! finally Very Happy
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/27/10 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated. Wink
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Sun 10/31/10 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my ultimate baseball bunny moment and one I will never forget!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 10/31/10 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the occasion and who are those players?

Please post more, ladies. These are keepers!
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Sun 10/31/10 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forloveofthegame wrote:
What is the occasion and who are those players?

Please post more, ladies. These are keepers!

It was fan appreciation day and totally unexpected. One of the seating hosts in the area, Kim, asked me if I had my camera (never go to a game without one). I asked if I needed my zoom lens (I have a digital SLR) thinking that I was going to be the one taking the picture for someone. Kim said I don't need zoom. Of course it was the zoom lens that was on the camera so I'm changing lenses and Kim is now grabbing for my camera and it's starting to register that she said "I" don't need zoom. Then she points into the bullpen and says get in there and I"m thinking in where and when I look up the guys are waving their arms for me to come in. I was shaking so bad and of course my camera decides to act up and I need to switch my battery around and I'm shaking so hard I'm having trouble getting the battery compartment to open and the guys are like "she's shaking" and I said, "Um yeah!"

as for the guys:

Brian Sweeney, Sean White, Garrett Olson, Dan Cortes, John Wetteland *bullpen coach and the one with his arm around me) David Aardsma, Brandon League, Jaimie Wright, Anthony Vavaro, and Chris Seddon.

I made it to every home game this year and only missed 4 games last year and so the guys got to know me during that time and in a good why I think as I wasn't a pest and put together photo books at the end of the year. Since 2001 I've only missed about 20-25 home games but Wetteland was only the bullpen coach the last two years. Apparently, the bullpen officer knew about it as did Kim...wish they would have cued me in at least a little so I could have been wearing Mariners gear and looked a little better, but still a priceless picture.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/31/10 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I made it to every home game this year and only missed 4 games last year

I wish you would have posted more! We didn't even have a Mariners thread this season. Sad Would have loved to hear your thoughts on what went wrong. I really had high hopes for the "M"s this year.

That's such a nice gesture they did that!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GoofyMsFan

PostPosted: Mon 11/1/10 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Quote:
I made it to every home game this year and only missed 4 games last year

I wish you would have posted more! We didn't even have a Mariners thread this season. Sad Would have loved to hear your thoughts on what went wrong. I really had high hopes for the "M"s this year.

What went wrong is that Griffey and Figgins were cancers in the clubhouse and didn't like when they were benched or moved down in the order and threw hissy fits. Mind you I like both of them as players but there was clearly something going on in the clubhouse this year that was destructive.
Pearl Girl

PostPosted: Mon 11/1/10 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FABULOUS PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**so jealous**

- A Bartlett Giamatti
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 11/1/10 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is gorgeous isn't he! Unfortunately he won't have another shot this year - I am about ready to call that now. Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 11/5/10 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

Quote:
I wish you would have posted more! We didn't even have a Mariners thread this season. Would have loved to hear your thoughts on what went wrong. I really had high hopes for the "M"s this year.

I do too. I wish I could have heard from it while it was happening. We have a neighbor in the Navy who is a casual fan, and I hoped to be able to give him some ideas on what was going on. We communicated with him while he was at sea, too. He always asked about the Padres and Mariners, except I don't follow the American League too much so I didn't have much to tell him there. I know he always appreciated the fans opinions as far as what my husband and I thought on baseball topics. I too thought the Mariners would be contending all year long.

Anyone have some more photos?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/6/10 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but only since you asked! Smile And I agree, I wish we would have heard more from Goofy too, as I already mentioned.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 4/2/12 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pick up where I left off here.

Having last seen that gorgeous man in an offseason appearance (glossy--in the pages of ESPN the Magazine) Very Happy , I now turn back to some National League offerings.

Oh MY! This one from the LFP (immediately below) is great because it celebrates not only the guapo himself, but his dominance of Cactus League pitching, as teams broke camp after yesterday's games.

The second one needs no introduction. Smile

[img]

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 4/3/12 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will let your fellow Dodger fan share that with you. Nice pictures even if I root for the opposing team. I will have to dig up something for this thread soon. Very Happy
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Wed 4/4/12 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos of Ethier and Kemp Smile

I went online to read the Forbes article. To quote Matt Kemp from the April 9, 2012 edition of Forbes Magazine:

Quote:
Its great to know Im going to be here for the next eight years,
I agree!!! Very Happy I like seeing some familiar faces as when I was last into baseball free agency had just started and alot of players were still with their teams for years. I can't get use to players being with one team for a year and another team, perhaps even in the opposing league, the following year.

I hate to have a favorite player these days and then have him switch teams on me.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 4/4/12 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Sunnyblue will love that pic of Bison when she gets back. Judy is already getting lots of comments on it since it's been out for a couple of weeks.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 4/14/12 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB,

Quote:
Having last seen that gorgeous man in an offseason appearance (glossy--in the pages of ESPN the Magazine)

Oh no! Surprised I must have missed it! I hope you have it somewhere I can see it. I did see he was pitching against the Yankees though and he looked very good!

Also those are great pictures of Bison & Dre! You bet I do love them. Thank you!
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Sun 4/15/12 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kemp had a great day today. I was also happy to see how well Dee Gordon has been doing lately. My husband thinks the Dodgers are on their way to a great season and for him to say that, that is saying alot Laughing
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 4/15/12 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dee Gordon - a LOT but I do not consider him Bunny material.

Here's one from last fall of my boy EK analyzing a World Series game (with much passion, I can tell--LOL!)

dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/9/12 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since she mentioned Joey Votto in another thread, I'd like to introduce Jpochard to the "Bunny Moments" thread. Thought we could enjoy some "cute smiles" around the NL, one in each division:

Thank you for the inspiration; with the All-Star break upon us, we all need a brief diversion! Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Mon 7/9/12 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cute smiles indeed. I am looking forward to finally relaxing and watching Home Run Derby tonight and the All-Star game tomorrow night and getting ready for my wonderful vacation coming up in just 6 days counting today!! Very Happy

I didn't remember how a toddler can wear one out until I had Paige all weekend Laughing She is a darling though Smile
jpochard

PostPosted: Mon 7/9/12 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Since she mentioned Joey Votto in another thread, I'd like to introduce Jpochard to the "Bunny Moments" thread. Thought we could enjoy some "cute smiles" around the NL, one in each division:

Thanks...found it!! I was really grateful for my son-in-law, who purchased me a Sports Illustrated subscription before the 2010 season. He had great timing! Being a photographer, I do read the articles - but I'm particularly enthralled with the photography of all sports within. My fav of course, however, is the JV cover.

Here are a few of my favorites of my favorite for you to enjoy:

And finally - my big fan moment when I got to meet one of my favorite all-time Reds...Sean Casey. If you saw my office decor photos, you saw the signed jersey, letter and photos from Sean. His nice-guy image is for real. He gave me his home address to send him copies of the photos I took Smile Granted, this was after retirement, but still a great moment for me.

GilHodgesFan

PostPosted: Mon 7/9/12 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it was a huge thrill for you to meet Sean Casey! It will be interesting to hear about your experiences after your HOF visit and if you got to meet any HOFers. I would think there would be places set up where some of them will meet and greet fans.

It is always nice to hear the players are as genuinely nice as they have been made out to be and that they try to live up to being great role models for their young fans.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/9/12 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Thanks. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
jpochard

PostPosted: Mon 7/9/12 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GilHodgesFan wrote:
Quote:
Its great to know Im going to be here for the next eight years,
I agree!!! Very Happy I like seeing some familiar faces as when I was last into baseball free agency had just started and alot of players were still with their teams for years. I can't get use to players being with one team for a year and another team, perhaps even in the opposing league, the following year.

I hate to have a favorite player these days and then have him switch teams on me.

I totally agree!

Everyone here was talking about the "fact" that Votto would be traded this year before the trade deadline because there would be no way we could afford to keep him. I was always hopeful that they would be wrong - and they were! It's a huge risk to sign someone for that much money for that length of time, but to me it shows a lot to the fans of this club. It shows me that things are good and the players want to stay and also that ownership is willing to take a risk to win. Time will tell, but I'm happy with the core we have. I also like that many of these guys, including Votto, have come up through the Reds system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: