Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beer, Patches, Fields and Parkways - Honoring 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 7/2/16 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new museum at Alesmith opens this week! Smile
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 2/22/17 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent rally at Petco Park paid tribute to No. 19 and his name was mentioned more than once but I thought with this being Black History Month it would be nice to post about his influence as a black role model, though he was a role model for all - but he did not take this lightly. Article from padres.com here - I think you will like reading it, Linda!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 2/22/17 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cathy. The essence of Tony Gwynn is captured beautifully here.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 5/9/17 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poway unveiled their statue of Tony today, honoring him on what would have been his 57th birthday. Just another thing in a long line of very well deserved tributes. Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 5/10/17 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice. I've got to take a little drive to check that out. Here are some pics from the U-T photo gallery.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 6/17/17 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cathy...noticing that yesterday was the three-year anniversary of Mr. Padre's passing, do you have any thoughts on it?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/20/17 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I was on the forum that day too so I am not sure why I did not post about it because I sure thought about it and there were lots of reminders during the game that night. Crying or Very sad

Might have been too engrossed in planning for Saturday's party. So thank you for posting that in remembrance of him.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 1/31/18 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Mr. Padre documentary about Tony aired last night on MLB network. I have to say I had tears in my eyes. Crying or Very sad I thought it was very well done though. Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 1/31/18 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it yet. You know I will, though.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 12/3/20 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new Tony Gwynn mural in City Heights by local artists - see it here
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 12/5/20 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did catch that in the U-T and I plan to check it out in person sometime soon.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: