Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"How I Became a Fan" - please post!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhillieBlue

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessElisabethRimmer wrote:
Welcome! I'm a Phils fan in Jersey as well. We should start our own board Wink

dodgerblue6 wrote:
The pic Harpo posted a link to was taken at the Vet.

I'd recognize my home anywhere Very Happy

Thanks!

I spent a lot of time at the Vet, often in miserable weather and terrible seats.

I'd like to prove to the rest of the country that Philadelphia fans aren't all rough and tumble.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met some pretty good ones on this board. Smile

By the way, I should point out that the concept of this message board (a forum for female baseball fans who know the fine points of the game) was originated by a Phillies phan back in 2001. Unfortunately other issues in her life have gotten serious enough to the point where she is not a poster anymore, but I do still keep in contact with her. And since some of the original members here remember her, I should give props to "Baseball Chick" for getting us all together in the first place. As for me, I am just keeping the ball rolling.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
crzblue

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toes!
You made it! Welcome! I read the story before how you and BB met, I never get tired of hearing it. I think is so cute the way you two met. You two make a cute couple.

PER: Notice her name is PhillieBlue so she is also a Dodger fan!
crzblue

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la_periodista wrote:
I was born to love the Dodgers. .

La_periodista,
Love your name. Do you speak Spanish? That is great that you were able to get your bf interested in Baseball. I'd love to read some articles you'd writen so do share with us.
la_periodista

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do speak Spanish, but not fluently. I just think Periodista doesn't sound boring like Journalist or Reporter. Smile
I hope to finish Spanish by the time I get my BA. No one in my family speaks it, so I didn't get a lot of practice when I studied it for three years in high school. But now I get a lot more practice because my bf is from Costa Rica, and he and his family speak Spanish most of the time.

By the way, anyone that wants to read my articles can go to http://futurebacks.com. Type Kellee (my first name) into the search engine, and it'll pull up the articles I've written. Most of them have been series summaries, but I've done a couple previews and some stuff on steroids. I haven't written anything in awhile, but make sure to check back often! Smile
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillieBlue wrote:
I'd like to prove to the rest of the country that Philadelphia fans aren't all rough and tumble.

They certainly are not. I can very often be found saying that I hate Phillies phans and on some level I truly do. I hate the people who chant "E-A-G-L-E-S" at every Philadelphia event even Phils/O's games in Baltimore. I hate the people who continously bring up Jason's July arrest. I hate the peeople who boo Scott Rolen every time he comes back to Philly. I hate the people who booed David Bell at the game dedicated to David's cousin who died in Iraq last month. I hate the boorish fans who don't actually like the Philles - they just have nothing better to do.

dodgerblue6 wrote:
I've met some pretty good ones on this board.

Damn straight! Very Happy

crzblue wrote:
PER: Notice her name is PhillieBlue so she is also a Dodger fan!

I bet her smarter side overrules and she roots Phils more Wink
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/05 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hate the people who booed David Bell at the game dedicated to David's cousin who died in Iraq last month.

HUH? Who on earth would do that???

Quote:
I bet her smarter side overrules and she roots Phils more

WHAT??? I say her saving grace is that she met and married Big Blaster!!!

P.S. If I remember correctly, Big Blaster once posted that he was a second baseman at Edison High in Huntington Beach (which is where a certain other likely HOF candidate also played second base). Of course, BB played there just a few years ahead of Jeff Kent...
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Quote:
I hate the people who booed David Bell at the game dedicated to David's cousin who died in Iraq last month.

HUH? Who on earth would do that???

I don't know if the national media has talked about it or anything but it's gotten to the point where David is booed every time he comes up to bat. It doesn't matter whether he hit an RBI double or grounded into a double play in the previous at bat. Every loss is his fault somehow. It's gotten to the point of ridiculousness. He could have the day off and the loss would be pinned on him somehow.

Earlier this month David's cousin was killed in a roadside bombing in Iraq. They had a home series that weekend and before the first game there was a moment of silence for the fallen soldier and the game itself was dedicated to his memory. The fans booed David more that game then they have all year. It was harsh and cruel. A few of the players took exception to that and lots of fans took exception to the players taking exception. If only for that weekend they should hae laid off him. He'd just lost a member of his family and Phillies fans were actually saying it wasn't that big of deal and he shouldn't let it change his game.

I don't have any of the articles with the reactions of David's teammates to the booing but I'm betting CgrGrl does. She's a big Bell fan.

It's stuff like this that makes me hate Phils fans.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh??? First, CgrGirl is a Dodger fan and second, she hasn't posted yet, so I'm not sure if you're getting her mixed up with someone else?

Second, I was aware of the cousin who was killed in Iraq, I just can't imagine beeing booed after going through that.

You know, I remember back in the day whenever the Dodgers would go to Phila., fans used to always boo Mike Schmidt even though he was consistently the best player on the team, and at that time was in the prime of his career.

I don't have a problem with fans booing as long as it's for a legitimate reason and not done casually. Didn't we once have a thread a couple of years ago about fans booing?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Huh??? First, CgrGirl is a Dodger fan and second, she hasn't posted yet, so I'm not sure if you're getting her mixed up with someone else?

A friend of mine posts under the name CgrGrl over at the Phillies board and I invited her here and I was under the impression that she used the same user name. She's from Seattle and has been following David's career as well as that of his brothers.

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Second, I was aware of the cousin who was killed in Iraq, I just can't imagine beeing booed after going through that.

I agree. They should have let him alone for at least that weekend. He's already troubled enough. The booing was worse than ever that weekend. It was like he was being booed for being human and having a heart. A lot of Phils fans and this is probably just sports fans in general don't see players as human but rather comodities. I once was asked to not humanize the players.

dodgerblue6 wrote:
I don't have a problem with fans booing as long as it's for a legitimate reason and not done casually.

Some people have said they boo David not to boo David but to show the FO how displeased they are with them and how the team is run. I don't think the FO really realizes the boos are directed at them as opposed to David. And I think it's gotten to the point where it's just not constructive. I dislike booing but if he grounded into an inning ending DP with the bases loaded and us behind in his last AB then okay boo him. But if he hits a RBI double to put the team ahead maybe they could lay off him in his next AB. Every loss isn't David fault but like I said they always find a way to blame him. It's gotten to the point that it's just a distraction than anything. We're in a pennant race and most of Philly doesn't believe it.

Last edited by DianaPrince on Tue 8/23/05 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! We might have two CgrGrls here! To tell the truth since she hasn't posted, I guess it could be your friend...now wouldn't that be funny!! Someone else has been invited who uses a similar SN on another board who is a Dodgers fan...but I haven't followed up to find out if she logged on here yet. Sorry for the confusion!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgerblue6 wrote:
Oh no! We might have two CgrGrls here! To tell the truth since she hasn't posted, I guess it could be your friend...now wouldn't that be funny!! Someone else has been invited who uses a similar SN on another board who is a Dodgers fan...but I haven't followed up to find out if she logged on here yet. Sorry for the confusion!

My friend has been away for the past week fishing so I'm sure that's why she hasn't posted. She will though - she's very opinionated especially when it comes to David Laughing
CgrGrl

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I better introduce myself. Sorry for registering and then running off on vacation.

My name is Debbie and I've been a baseball fan for many years. I don't remember not being a fan so I don't have any cool stories about how I started watching. My team is the Mariners because of location more than anything else. I actually watch the Tacoma Rainiers (Mariners AAA team) and the Phillies more than any other team. I'm not a big AL fan because I don't like the DH although I'm glad we had it for Edgar Martinez.

I live in Western Washington and my screen name stands for the Washington State University Cougars which is where I went to school. I used to watch John Olerud and Aaron Sele pitch while in college. (Ole was turned into a 1st baseman because he signed with the Blue Jays and they wanted his bat.)

As you guys now know I'm a long time, die hard Bell fan. I love the late Gus Bell, Buddy Bell, David, Mike, and Rick Bell. They are everything I love about this game. They are professional, dedicated and know the game inside and out. They are also the nicest family one could ever meet. I'm so unhappy with David's current situation that I could scream my head off. Everything that was said about him and Phillie phans is true. He has been physically threatened enough times on message boards that I'm now printing them all just in case somebody does something. It's starting to get scary over there.

I just realized that I got way too serious there. I'm actually a very light hearted kind of gal and between the Rainiers and the Phillies, this has been a successful year!
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CgrGrl wrote:
He has been physically threatened enough times on message boards that I'm now printing them all just in case somebody does something. It's starting to get scary over there.

Dollars to donuts some of those people actually send them to David as well. Many a player has received death threats in Philly. Mitch Williams and Turk Wendell to name two. I don't know of any cases of anyone actually going through with anything though.
teks tangibles

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Terry Francona made it out alive, I think everyone is safe. He's told many a story about his Philly days....thought his name was "you suck", had to move his car around to different spots, had his tires slashed, etc. There are a TON of whiners and booers and complainers in Boston, but I can't say that I've ever heard anyone threatened. People here just wallow in their misery....less so now...but there's still a bunch of people who can't lighten up. Personally, since they won the WS, I have a much brighter outlook.

I do have to say that Mark Bellhorn (who was just DFA'd) was treated brutally. And he was a hero in the playoffs. Had three nice home runs and really helped this team out....but the fans were merciless and I was very disappointed in that behavior. Yeah...I know he wasn't so great this year, but I'm sure it doesn't help to boo him to death. Ya don't think the guy feels bad enough? I don't believe in booing...but I can at least understand it in some cases, even if I wouldn't do it myself. A steriod suspension, a really bad attitude, cheating of any sort (ie A-Rod batting the ball out of Arroyo's hand)...things like that are not acceptable to me, but any guy who goes out there and gives what he can...who tries...well, it sucks to hear him booed just because he isn't performing up to expectations.

Ruth
soxygirl18

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also very dissapointed in the way people treated Bellhorn this year. I would get so mad hearing people behind me booing him and yelling "you suck!" Seriously, thats not gonna help with his confidence. I always liked Bellhorn. The strike-outs did get kind of annoying, but he could also come through big. He was one of those guys who always went out and played hard. I'm sad to see him go, but Graff has been doing great. Hopefully Mark will find his place and be happy where ever he ends up. I think any team would be lucky to have him....but then again, I always was a sucker for those curls. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/05 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A steriod suspension, a really bad attitude, cheating of any sort (ie A-Rod batting the ball out of Arroyo's hand)...

Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds, Barry Bonds...

Gosh it sure hasn't been nearly as fun at DS this year without getting so much chance to boo Barry. Although it was great on Opening Day when he trotted out with the rest of them to be introduced--that's really the only chance we've had. Sad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/05 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot to say, "Welcome, CgrGirl." (And go USC!) Cool
The other poster (whom I thought you were) is a Dodger fan who attends Washington State. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/05 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teks tangibles wrote:
If Terry Francona made it out alive, I think everyone is safe. He's told many a story about his Philly days....thought his name was "you suck", had to move his car around to different spots, had his tires slashed, etc.

I always liked Tito and I was sorry he was treated so poorly. I hate it when I hear about that kind of stuff. Shines a bad light on all of us.

Shortly after Turk Wendell was traded to Philly he started getting death threats because his first few games as a Philly weren't so hot and he later ended up on the DL. I wrote him a letter saying how much I liked having him in Philly. I felt bad about the treatment and I wanted to do something to let him know we weren't all bad. And a few years later he became one of my boyfriends. Wink
CgrGrl

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/05 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Cougar on the board? That's pretty cool. We are a different breed. Cool

I suppose I have it in me to overlook the whole USC thing. Wink

Re: Death threats - You know, there are a lot of men out there that say women should be banned from sporting events, but how much do you guys want to bet that these morons that send the threats aren't women?
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/05 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CgrGrl wrote:
Re: Death threats - You know, there are a lot of men out there that say women should be banned from sporting events, but how much do you guys want to bet that these morons that send the threats aren't women?

If I'm wrong about this I'm sure none of you ladies will hesitate to correct me but I don't think women get that wrapped up in it that they feel the need to threaten a player's life. We care about the games and are passionate but we also see the players as humans and not robots.
Francine

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/05 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome CGRGIRL!

Being a Phillies fan I see this display of rudeness often. Philly fans are not afraid to boo and hound players. This season while sitting in different sections of the park, we experienced Bobby Abreu, Jason Michaels, David Bell and Carlos Lee (Milwauke) get hounded, and I mean they kept yelling, screaming and hounding these guys. Many had a bit too much to drink, as in many sport venues but it's a shame how rude fans cane be to the players. I have seen it done to Scott Rolen, Curt Schilling, Billy Wagner and even Jim Thome while each was either in a slump or decided to speak out against something.

Philly fans are tough.........I want the Phillies to make it to the play offs so they will shut up!!!!!!!!!! They truely are NEVER happy!

They trade someone away and feel they got the better end of the deal. Then, that player does not perform in Philly but the player traded does perform elsewhere and that really bugs them too.......never happy,lol
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/05 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
They trade someone away and feel they got the better end of the deal. Then, that player does not perform in Philly but the player traded does perform elsewhere and that really bugs them too.......never happy,lol

That bugs me too, Francine, I'll never understand how players come here and suck. Then go elsewhere and excell. Is there something in the water? Laughing
PhillieBlue

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/05 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, there are only three players in the MLB that I will boo consistently. (There used to be 4, but one of them plays for the Dodgers now, and I have learned to accept him Wink ) Those guys are Gary Sheffield, Mike Piazza (because of how he dissed the Dodgers) and of course, Barry Bonds, because I think he is an embarrassment to the game.

I try never to boo true quality players and I never booed Schmitty, David Bell (who I happen to really like), or any of the Phillies.

It's unfortunate fans boo players the way they do, especially in Phillly. And if the game isn't going well, out comes the E-A-G-L-E-S chant by a bunch of boozed up guys who were given their tickets instead of paying for them.

And don't get me started on "The Wave." (I got to see somebody's butt instead of Tomas Perez's walk off homer last summer.)
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/05 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but one of them plays for the Dodgers now, and I have learned to accept him )

Wink I have a feeling I know who that is! But he isn't "playing" much right now, is he?!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
teks tangibles

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/05 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillieBlue wrote:
And don't get me started on "The Wave." (I got to see somebody's butt instead of Tomas Perez's walk off homer last summer.)

This is one of my huge pet peeves. Okay....if a game is 10-1 in the 8th...maybe I can tolerate it, but it's the 7th inning of a tie game and some drunk idiot is trying to start the wave...and won't give up until it catches on. In my head I'm staring at the stands and thinking "DIE". It drives me absolutely nuts.

Ruth
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the wave sometimes. I remember once back at the Vet these two girls were trying to start the wave. I don't know where their seats were but they'd come all the way to the left field side and they were trying so hard to get people to do the wave. They were so funny and had so much spunk that of course I had to do it. And when they finally did get the wave started they were so excited.

And then there's my younger sister. She always misses the wave. It'll come by and then she'll do it a few moments after it's already passed. The one person wave lol

As for players I boo or booed in the past...Ricky Ledee, Bobby Estellella (busted in the BALCO scandel), Mark Lewis who as many of you man recall once insinuated that I was unattractive, Mike Timlim (sorry guys - he may be all nice and fun down but his attitude sucked when he was here. I don't boo current Phils - I wait til they're gone. I just call for HBP when they're here Laughing
JTT

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, like I stated before, this is a great idea for a site! And ok, time for the intro: I was fortunate enough to be born a Red Sox fan. I can't imagine loving another team like the Red Sox. Born and raised in MA., my earliest baseball memories (besides watching my brothers play LL-I can still remember sitting on old wooden stands in the blistering heat and hearing the boys 'chatter' in the outfield. I loved it.) - is sitting on the couch with my dad watching the Red Sox. I must've been 8 or 9. I then started watching on my own during the hot day games. I can still remember the moment when the significance of a 'full count' became apparent to me. That moment when you are starting to really 'get it' and understand this game. I was pretty much hooked.

One of the most memorable moments of my life was being parked in front and center of the tv with about 20 other people watching Game 6 of the 1975 WS and Carlton Fisk's foul pole shot. I literally felt like I made that go out, I was waving and waving and was amazed to see Fisk doing the same. Game 7 was one of my first major disappointments when it came to the Old Towne Team though, but I was still hooked.

Carlton Fisk was my first favorite player, and still is on my all-time list which is very short. Not only was he terrific, he was a native NH boy (which is where I chose to live) which just put him in the bonus round as far as I was concerned.

Just as you described dodgerblue6, you grow up and sometimes real life rears its ugly head and you are caught up in wrassling it, and you drift a little and miss a season or two. I was amazed a few years ago when they really started (the networks) playing up this Curse crap and replaying poor Bill Buckner's unfortunate moment in time and I was like "??? Y'know, where was I when that happened??" well, I figured out where I was, I was working nights during those years, so obviously I did not watch a lot of RS baseball or tv at all. So that entire fiasco didn't affect me at all, so I avoided some real pain there! Laughing

My family never went to see the Sox - I had to wait until I had an awesome boyfriend who finally took me to Fenway Park (oh, I married that guy!). I can STILL REMEMBER walking up the walkway and seeing it for the first time. I was amazed at how small it was, how intimate, it looked so big on tv! Hooked again. I still get that feeling every time - I LOVE that moment when I am walking up the walkway, just before you can see it open up in front of you, the sounds of the crowd, the music... I get a thrill every time - it has never gotten old, and that is amazing to me.
They were soo smart to keep it and renovate it. It is one of the "must do" things of the summer. We try to go once a month (not easy now with all the new fans who want to go all of a sudden!).

After Pudge left, some years later I had a new favorite player. Jason Varitek. Now maybe I just have this thing for catchers, but you have to also admit both Pudge (Fisk) and Tek were and are quite remarkable ballplayers.... catcher's gear aside. I found Tek (early on) to be extremely professional, diligent and.... quite pleasant to view as an extra incentive. Wink So Tek was my favorite favorite. I also (around 1999) really liked Nomar. Why goes without saying - he was the quintessential ball player. And the Red Sox were GOOD, man - they are always VERY GOOD. And they take you for the ride of your life and you go willingly, deep into the playoffs and ... well, when you throw your heart in the ring, you risk getting it broken, and that's where the 'typical Red Sox fan' thang comes in. So Tek is king, we've got Manny, we're building - we've got Trot - little by little its building to the team that I came to love more than any team anywhere ever. The team I've waited my whole life for. The team that everyone is piling their burden of hope on their sturdy shoulders.

June - 2002. I am impressed with 'the new guy'. This kid HUSTLES, man, this kid always gets the clutch hit - maybe no monstrous power, but good old fashioned base-hit baseball - when things are dead and no one's doing anything, this guy gets it going - never fails. He's quiet, he's diligent, he's a no-name, he's flying under the radar but he's getting it done. I had a very good feeling about the new guy and made the decision. Johnny Damon was was new favorite player, w/ Tek being about 1 iota below. I remember being at a game and the kid came up - I said to my husband, "I really like this Johnny Damon guy we picked up - I think he's going to do big things for us." He gave me the "Whaat planet are you from" look as my boy got like the first hit of what had been a very boring and frustrating game to that point. Well, of course he got things started and he eventually came around to score. Do you ever have those moments in your life that you can see as clearly as if you are still right there, even though it should be so insignificant in your life you should have NO memory at all. This is one of those times. I can still see him rounding third - wow the guy is fast - and really noticing for the first time ... yes, yes.... fine physical attributes also. Yes, Terrific. My Favorite Player. Locked in.

And I'll tell you I too was devastated at the end of the 2003 ALCS. I was actually depressed for weeks. I was one of those actual Sox fans whose face was 2 inches from the tv screen screaming at Grady to "Take him the %$#@ out!!" I can't believe he didn't hear me. I can't believe he didn't hear all of us! LOL

And so all went as it went in 2004 - my boy was Jesus now, and my team was fun and personable and extremely entertaining to watch. And when all looked lost after Game 3 of the ALCS against those damn Yankees again, I said a prayer outside (just don't let us get swept) and I vowed that because I loved this team so much, I would be there from the first pitch of Game 4 to the last pitch (I had left way early the night before when the 19-8 routing was taking place) - and no matter what happened, I'd be cheering them on, and if they lost, I'd cry and tell them Thank You and how much I love them, and if they won.. well... whenever the end came (there's no way you could come back from that, right? 4 in a row against the Yankees?? Make history???) ... I'd be there. First pitch to last pitch, and when it ended, I'd cry and say thanks. Well, we all know what happened, and I wouldn't trade my entire painful RS history in for 5 championships in enchange for that ONE. Sorry I took so long, but it's favorite subject of mine. LOL, can you tell!
DianaPrince

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're very glad to have you here! Real female fans unite! Very Happy
teks tangibles

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/05 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed your Red Sox experience. I am regularly at Fenway Park but I still get a special feeling every time I go. I remember being there the first time, sitting in the bleachers when they were bleachers and you could stretch out.......so long ago, yet such a great memory. Unlike you, I never moved on from Jason Varitek. I love catchers, too. Maybe because a good one has to be not only tough but cerebral. And to boot, Tek is pretty darn nice on the eyes. I feel sorry for him sometimes when he's out there stretching pre-game in the bullpen and the crowd is just gawking at him like a caged animal...but he is very locked in and doesn't seem to even notice it. Of course, it doesn't stop me from joining that crowd...LOL....

Oh...the Grady Little experience. I've heard tales of people who knew nothing about baseball saying Petey should have been removed. The collective emotion of RS Nation should have been enough to get through, but it didn't. I attended the 19-8 game 3 this year until the very last out and my sons stood outside after the game and got a whole bunch of autographs. I think the players were just happy that anyone still wanted to be a fan at that point. Manny Ramirez stopped his car in the middle of the street and rolled down his window and signed for them. I never totally gave up....and I never do until the math tells me that I must. I'm not a Red Sox fan full of angst any more.....though surprisingly (to me anyway) there are still quite a few of them. I just love baseball. I love the team. I love watching. If things don't work out, I just try to look forward to the next game.

Good to have you here.

Ruth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: