Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oasis for Diehard Baseball Fans - 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/10/18 10:48 pm    Post subject: Oasis for Diehard Baseball Fans - 2018 Reply with quote

Yes, it's here! Arizona Fall League play got underway yesterday, and while I probably won't be following it closely until the World Series is over, it always figures to tide us over from the World Series through Thanksgiving, before LMP baseball begins in December. And it's a great chance to get to see top prospects from all 30 teams hone their skills with each other in a competitive environment.

Here's the schedule...
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/11/18 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to go next month, but I haven't even looked yet to see who is on the rosters!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 10/19/18 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you ladies have not yet had a chance to follow up, but I am finding that the updates posted on mlb.com are helpful on keeping up. Here is the one for this week
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 10/19/18 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cath. I appreciate the low-key baseball news especially with the way I'm fuming right now. Soon enough, I'll be able to enjoy AFL ball.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/20/18 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the report!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/30/18 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody want to make a trip over in the next couple of weeks? Now that the World series is over I am about ready and I have some work I can arrange time around in the Phoenix area, most likely it would be the week after next. I wanted to try and make it over for the Fall Stars Game this weekend but that will not happen now because I have to be in S.D. But as I said, middle of November, maybe mid week - not sure how that will fit in with other work schedules.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/3/18 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see how next weekend looks, okay?

For now, I'm going to watch the Fall Stars Game tonight!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 11/4/18 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for AFL! How about our Buddy Reed!

As far as next weekend, I will be filling in for a coworker in the area for an event during the week next week. At this point the weekend does not look as good. Sad
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 11/5/18 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could take some time off early next week, of that would work. I don't want to miss any more Beer Week events than I have to, lol.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 11/10/18 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should talk about availability this week, Sunny, what day or days are best for you?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 11/15/18 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get those priorities straight, Sunnyblue. I don't blame you. Smile

So how was the trip?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 11/15/18 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back. Another worthwhile trek across the desert for me, but without Danny this time. Cathy was driving home as of this morning. I'll let her post about it.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 11/16/18 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Javelinas are going to play Salt Lake tomorrow in the championship game. I wish I could turn around and go back!

We saw Mesa at Peoria, and then Peoria play at Scottsdale. Austin Allen had a couple of hits in the Scottsdale game but they still won, 10-3. The first game was almost the opposite of that as Peoria won 14-3.

I know it would be a last minute thing but does anyone want to come over and watch the game? I know my husband's buddy down the street is coming by for it.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 11/18/18 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't, but at least I let you know that. Smile

It was the first Saturday in something like eight weeks I had nothing planned and I had to stay home and catch up on a LOT of work that has piled up. Let's try to get together maybe on Thanksgiving weekend.

Congratulations to the Javelinas for winning the AFL championship!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 11/20/18 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, congratulations to all. I feel like some year I should just take a whole week off and spend it there so I can see games with all of the teams.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/26/18 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All AFL team has been named

Our young catcher Austin Allen is right there in the mix.

Notice Tyler Nevin and Keston Hiura are on the team, too. I look forward to seeing what kind of careers these young players end up having.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: