Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot Stove - 2019-20
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/16/19 12:10 pm    Post subject: Hot Stove - 2019-20 Reply with quote

I never really like starting this thread, but...here you go.

LHP/reliever Will Smith has been signed by the Braves for three years.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 11/21/19 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a certain former Dodgers/Padres catcher is now with the White Sox! Yasmani Grandal has signed for 4 years - link from mlb.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 11/21/19 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yankees have released OFer Jacoby Ellsbury and designated for assignment first baseman Greg Bird and LHP Nestor Cortes Jr.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 11/24/19 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Braves have signed catcher Travis d'Arnaud for two years.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/30/19 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padres trade Luis Urias and re-acquire Drew Pomeranz. Thoughts, Cathy?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 12/1/19 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will be fine with it. Luis has not proven himself to be the whole package although I might have given him a little longer.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 12/4/19 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where the Padres have acquired Jurickson Profar. It appears to be a good move, to me.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 12/5/19 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other Cole is a Brave now, for at least 1 year. That is, Cole of RB, lol. Here's the link
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 12/5/19 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes--so where will the first Cole (OC) end up?

Meanwhile, the Angels have acquired RHP Dylan Bundy from the Orioles in exchange for minor league RHPs Isaac Mattson, Zach Peek, Kyle Bradish and Kyle Brnovich. (Two Kyles from one organization involved in the same trade--wonder if that's ever happened?)

Truthfully, though, I have to say I'm just not into hot stove talk anymore, at least with Dodger fans. I don't want to speculate and I almost don't care what they do--unless it has to do with shoring up the bullpen. This year just left such a bad taste in my mouth. I don't care who they end up with as long as they retain the core of the team.

I'll still continue to report, though!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 12/8/19 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Profar move, and now we have added Tommy Pham too!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 12/9/19 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect to keep this thread quite busy the next few days, so please post here about any meetings-related transactions.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 12/9/19 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen back to the Nationals for seven years!

I seriously doubted he would pitch anywhere else, despite all the buzz.

He's set. He'll step back on the same mound as a reigning national league champion MVP.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 12/10/19 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now Gerrit will be a Yankee for 9 years! Exclamation
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 12/11/19 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third baseman Anthony Rendon has been signed by the Angels...for seven years?!

Sheesh. I really am sick of Hot Stove news. As I said before, I don't care who we do or don't get, as long as we do something to address the bullpen. I expected no big moves and I doubt we'll see any. The Angels have a lot more pressing needs than just their bullpen.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 12/16/19 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the latest!

Two big-name pitchers are off the market.

MadBum to the Diamondbacks

Corey Kluber to the Rangers.

And this certainly officially marks the end of an era for the Battery Chuckers. The past decade has been one that brought them much glory, although the last three seasons have been forgettable.

But now one of the biggest catalysts for their success is gone, and with their manager having departed as well, the rebuild continues.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 12/21/19 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a question I have been wondering is, what you Dodger ladies thought of Rendon's comments about the "Hollywood lifestyle." I thought it was strange he would only see L.A. as "Hollywood" when you think about how big a city it is with many family oriented neighborhoods.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 12/22/19 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get back to that shortly.

For now, I wanted to post that the Angels have signed RHP Julio Teheran for a year, and LHP Dallas Keuchel has signed with the White Sox for three years (reportedly).

I always question why a signing is reported on MLB.com with the caveat that it has not been confirmed by the team. What's the point, unless you're posting on MLB Trade Rumors or something like that?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 12/22/19 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, now I'm pissed. I always say I don't care for the most part who the Dodgers add, but when they subtract Ryu, that's not a plus.

The southpaw signed with the Blue Jays for four years, with not even an offer from L.A. SMH.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 12/25/19 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to miss him too, but at his age and with his injury history they weren't going to give him 4 years.

Are you getting tired of hearing talk about Seager and Lindor, too? I've heard a lot of fans getting upset because they get their hopes up for a big deal and it doesn't happen. I think it's kind of like desperation because of the 7 years in the playoffs and no title problem. But maybe, they are counting on their up and coming kids to come through for them. I think it's risky but I'm not going to stress out about it.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 12/28/19 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Seriously, I just don't get into Hot Stove talk much anymore.

However, cause for a smile--the Dodgers have released RHP JT Chagois! That opens a vacancy for a better reliever to be acquired!

Chagois is reportedly set to sign with a team in Japan.

Also, the White Sox have signed DH Edwin Encarnacion for a year, and the Royals have signed third baseman Maikel Franco for a year.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 1/1/20 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say Rich Hill is no longer a Dodger...and more news to be filled in later.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 1/13/20 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Pomeranz is back with the Padres.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 1/15/20 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madera is back with the Dodgers on a one-year deal--low risk so I'm okay with it.

The big news today is that the last of the elite FAs is now off the Market. Josh Donaldson signed with the Twins for four years.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 1/20/20 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dodgers traded RHP Casey Sadler to the Cubs for infielder Clayton Daniel. Here's the article from dodgers.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 1/24/20 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcell Ozuna has signed for one year with the Braves.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 1/29/20 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outfielder Steven Souza Jr. has signed for one year with the Cubs - article from mlb.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 1/29/20 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More updates coming!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 2/4/20 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serie de Caribe is interrupted for this important bit of information: Mookie Betts and David Price are now Dodgers.

I didn't want Price. I'm not sure what to think about Mookie as this is the final year of his contract, but the Red Sox wanted to dump both of them, and L.A. is where they landed.

I'm also sad to see Joc leave, but Mookie provides an upgrade in several areas.

And remember that last year I was sad to see Yasiel leave, but look how that turned out.

Hoping for the "bettst!"

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 2/7/20 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my guys were in the running for awhile but that is dead now. I was pretty sure they were not going to end up with the right deal for him.

Now here is a question - how do you ladies feel about a Red Sox player coming over after they too cheated and helped keep your team from winning a championship?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 2/7/20 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, there was a snag with the physical which held the trade up, but evidently it's finalized now.

As to your question, I wondered about that, too. I'm keeping an open mind. I have to wonder how Doc is going to handle that.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: