Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Training 2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/22/20 3:43 pm    Post subject: Winter Training 2020 Reply with quote

So games are underway today...
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 2/22/20 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not the first post I am making about exhibition games is not about the Dodgers! What is happening now is what we were talking about before. Remember how many times it was mentioned during the World series that the Astros and Nationals share the same complex in the Grapefruit League? And how it would be curious how things would go down once it got to these preseason games. Never mind though as the Nationals won so they don't have to get revenge for anything, but their fans still came to heckle the Astros in their opener today. Their signs were taken though. And then the game got rained out after a couple of innings anyway. lol

Also our Dodgers won their opener over the Jints at Scottsdale Stadium, 6-1 and Mookie will make his Dodgers debut tomorrow.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 2/22/20 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears rain wreaked havoc around both the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues today.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 2/23/20 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were one of the teams that was a victim of weather yesterday! It changed our plans a bit on when to drive over. But everything went smoothly and today was very nice out at the ballpark even though my boys opened "on the road" in Maryvale. It was good to see the guys again, first watching them stretching, relaxing, having fun and interacting with fans. Same thing with the Brewers.
New Padre RHP Zach Davies put in 2 innings and our Padres beat them, 7-2. Taylor Trammell got a hit in the ninth, first time I had seen him play.

Cal Quantrill will start for us tomorrow against the Royals in Surprise.

Maryvale is nice, but next trip over I will be catching a game at Peoria and hopefully working in an Angels game, too.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 2/24/20 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice--how about Austin?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 2/26/20 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a brief change of subject - Mickey Moniak was invited to Phillies camp again. I hope he has a good preseason because a lot is riding on him. I'll be checking in on him from time to time.

The Dodgers beat the Angels today and so far they're 3-1. I believe Clayton will start Opening Day this year. Thinking back to last year it was around this time that it became a big question mark whether he would be healthy for the beginning of the season.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 2/27/20 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda - Austin waved at me! Lol

Chris Paddack got his first preseason start yesterday and did nicely. My Padres beat the Indians, 8-0. Edward Olivares played very well in the outfield and homered at the plate.

The Innings Festival I mentioned before, is coming up this weekend. I will not be there although I thought earlier I might be able to make it. I just have too many events going this particular weekend with a big quinceanera next week. Information is linked here
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 2/29/20 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news about Clayton. He got his first start yesterday and seemed to be in fine form. Healthy and his velo is right where it should be.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 3/5/20 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are my Dodger ladies? There is a suspicious lack of activity here, Lol.

My Padres have been rolling along and things have really clicked over the last week or so. They won 9 straight including today with McKenzie Gore's first preseason appearance which everyone was anxiously waiting for. Only 8 pitches from him but a glimpse of what we might see a lot of. Article from padres.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 3/6/20 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know! That election work really set me back this week. Surprised

Well, your Padres are riding high and not only are they leading the Cactus League, but also all of MLB in preseason play. They're 11-2, and my Dodgers are 7-6.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 3/9/20 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Chris Paddack looking?
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 3/9/20 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general he is OK but got knocked around yesterday as we lost to the White Sox, 6-0. His big problem from last year he wants to cut down on is number of homers allowed. He may struggle a bit as he is not setting Peoria on fire like he was last year when he was trying to lock a role in the rotation, but I am sure he will be fine. This year is going to be a big test for him after his great rookie season.

I am sure you ladies were following the game today in which your Dodgers have been pummeling my Padres. It just ended with my boys losing ugly, 14-2.

Two of my favorite utility infielders are Ty France and Greg Garcia and as you know, they are both local boys and good guys as well. France is playing well but will have to take a back seat and play off the bench. Also, Taylor Trammell has been a joy to watch.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 3/11/20 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's important to note that CK was named Opening Day starter this week, for the record ninth time.

While the Dodgers were playing the Padres on Monday, he pitched four scoreless innings against the Tijuana Toros on a backfield at CBRG, throwing 67 pitches.

From the L.A. Times:

Quote:
When pitchers Clayton Kershaw and Walker Buehler, the two options the Dodgers were considering to start on opening day, met with manager Dave Roberts to discuss the prestigious assignment, Kershaw emphasized one point: He didn’t want his candidacy to be based on the past.

“We kind of all got together,” Kershaw said, “and I was like, ‘I don’t want a charity opening day. If you want me to do it, great, but if you want Walker to do it, great too.’”

Buehler is the Dodgers’ ace-in-the-making — if he’s not there yet — after several resounding performances in important games over his first two full seasons as a big leaguer. Kershaw’s peak is behind him, but he remains one of the top pitchers in baseball.

On Monday, Roberts announced Kershaw would get the start against the San Francisco Giants at Dodger Stadium on March 26. The manager added that Buehler, David Price, Julio Urías and Alex Wood will follow Kershaw in the rotation, in that order.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 3/11/20 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Maddon has named Andrew Heaney the Angels' Opening day starter for the first time.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 3/13/20 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that came to an abrupt end. One day, the news was all about battles for positions on certain teams, the progress of prospects, and all the frivolity that March brings to the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues. Now, this. A couple of days ago, I was certain the beginning of the season would be delayed and yet everything being posted on MLB.com was fun and games, sunshine and smiles.

Now, sadly, the headlines accurately reflect gloom and doom.

For the record, many players are remaining in their teams' camps, while being free to leave if they desire to do so.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 3/17/20 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a thought--for the first time in history, all "spring" training games will have been played in winter. Typically we can turn the page and call it what it really is once the equinox rolls around (which takes place Thursday).

But not this year.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: