Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Round - Dodgers vs. Brewers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 9/29/20 2:55 pm    Post subject: First Round - Dodgers vs. Brewers Reply with quote

Game 1 gets underway from Dodger Stadium tomorrow.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 9/30/20 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the season is over and your team is back in the playoffs how do you feel compared to where you were 1 year ago?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 9/30/20 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings, but while I'm excited, I've decided if the Dodgers are bounced short of their goal, I will accept it given whoever wins will bear association with an asterisk, anyway.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 9/30/20 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for it. Go Dodgers.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/1/20 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not quite so emphatically, the Dodgers won the first game of their series at Dodger Stadium, beating the Brewers, 4-2, yesterday. First, I have to say I was proud of both Walker (four innings) and Julio (three innings) for pitching so effectively.

The Dodgers scored two runs off Brewers starter Brent Suter, both on bases-loaded walks, in the first inning. A Mookie double in the second scored another run, and a solo home run from Corey in the seventh added yet another. Though there was no real offensive outburst, that was good enough. Blake Treinen pitched a scoreless eighth, and KJ on his birthday closed it out in the ninth.

CK's turn today. I have faith.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/1/20 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday to K.J. and he was on his game for that 9th last night.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/1/20 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving on!

The Dodgers beat the Brewers, 3-0, to advance to the next round of the playoffs. CK was absolutely superb, velo up, recording 13 Ks over eight innings. Milwaukee countered with Brandon Woodruff, who matched Clayton with a great performance of his own until the fifth, when the Dodgers scored all three runs, including two on a double by Mookie. Bazooka closed out the game to get some work in.

As a postscript, perhaps it's worth noting that once Brewers manager Craig Counsell removed Woodruff from the game, he let loose a string of obscenities and was immediately ejected from a game he was no longer a part of. When it rains, it pours.

It's a new month now. Time to shine! Congratulations, guys!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 10/2/20 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton was in top form - looked like he did in his prime. Congratulations to our Dodgers!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/3/20 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Brewers really should not have been there with their record. But you did what you had to. We will see your boys next week in Texas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: