Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2020 World Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/19/20 8:42 pm    Post subject: The 2020 World Series Reply with quote

Game 1 gets underway tomorrow at Globe Life Field.

Go Dodgers!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/20/20 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some housecleaning before the first pitch. I'll be around.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/20/20 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready. Let's go, Dodgers!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/20/20 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in Game 1, it all came together! Quality start for CK, Dodgers scored eight runs; Cody and Rojo Chingon both homered; Cody robbed a home run; Mookie gets us free tacos. Everything clicked except Dylan Floro's bullpen performance, but that's why they had insurance runs.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/21/20 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved seeing Cody celebrate with his "foot bumps". It was terrific to see Clayton get the win. Everything clicked (except Dylan Floro) Smile They carried the momentum over from the NLCS and have now won 4 in a row. Keep it going, guys.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/21/20 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win for them. They really looked confident. Mookie has been the difference from what I can see.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/21/20 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Gato tonight! Although I don't expect him to go more than a couple of innings since it's a so-called bullpen start.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/22/20 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Sunny, I know you're waiting to post. And it shouldn't take me 12 hours to get an update out, but I was feeling *bleah* after Game 2, which the Rays won, 6-4. Having a bullpen start with a couple of rookie pitchers proved to be a little risky for the Dodgers, but we'll have Walker on the hill tomorrow so I feel fairly confident of a bounceback win, but this is playoff baseball, and of course nothing is a given. One game at a time.

But it's all evened up now.

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 10/22/20 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/22/20 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was. And I kept thinking back to listening to 570 yesterday when all the talking heads kept mentioning the importance of winning Game 2 because of what happened in 2017. And then they didn't win Game 2. So I got a sinking feeling and wondered if the players did, too.

I think Walker will probably be pretty effective but we've got to see what happens with team hitting.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/22/20 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also do not forget you will be facing Charlie Morton tomorrow & he has been great in the postseason.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 10/23/20 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why we should expect a good pitchers' duel tonight. I hope the Dodgers are up for it. You never can tell because they went 4 innings with no hits the other night but they can also jump on and attack a very good pitcher.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/24/20 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I would have thought, but the Dodgers took control early and knocked Charlie Morton around--it was bad enough we had to see those clips of him with the Asterisks* "winning" the World Series in our own house! Walker was calm, cool and collected as always, and the Dodgers won, 6-2.

Will starting Julio Urias tonight be considered a roll of the dice, or will we see more of his steady pitching of late? He's been used most often in relief for several weeks, so this is a big question mark.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/24/20 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even as a Padre fan I had to cringe at that replaying of the "last out." Mad

Sunny,

Quote:
You never can tell because they went 4 innings with no hits the other night but they can also jump on and attack a very good pitcher.

I see that is what they did last night. That is the key to their winning. Morton was rattled - he is not used to being hit hard.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/24/20 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm beyond excited that they were able to go back to their "attack early" plan. Walker is just so professional, he's our big game pitcher and the ace in waiting for a couple of years now. I'm so happy for him and for the team after that win last night. Stay on attack, Dodgers.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/25/20 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping I would wake up and find out last night's game was just a pre-Halloween nightmare.

But, no.

In a back-and-forth game which pushed both teams' bullpens to the limits--and in which the Dodgers' broke--the Rays won, 8-7, on an absolute FAIL by KJ to preserve a one-run lead going into the bottom of the ninth. Every potential horror scenario I could have imagined took place in that ninth inning. Every bit of timely hitting by the Dodgers' offense was for nil. Julio Urias' strong few innings fell by the wayside.

The series is tied now at two games apiece.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 10/25/20 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My heart jumped into my throat and I thought of you both! What was the reason KJ did not back up home plate, too? I know you were Evil or Very Mad
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 10/25/20 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so through with Game 4. It's a fresh slate now and the Dodgers will win Game 5. Yes, I was crushed last night. I wasn't the only fan I knew who had trouble sleeping. These guys are professionals, though. They are turning the page.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/25/20 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exhale, Sunnyblue, exhale! This game showed us their character. They came out with a vengeance and scored right away in the first, treated Rays starter Tyler Glasnow quite rudely as they did in Game 1, and walked away with a 4-2 win. CK has not only passed Justin Verlander as the all-time postseason strikeouts leader, but got the win tonight and helped solidify this October as his best of all statistically. No KJ. Blake Treinen notched the save, but not after putting the leadoff hitter on in the ninth--cause for more stress with the tying run at the plate--and got out of it.

I'm pumped!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 10/26/20 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Props to Mad Max for alerting CK to the steal! That could have made a big difference in the tone set for the game. Do you get the sense everyone is at least relieved they aren't down by 1 game, but up by 1 game, and yet nobody wants to get too excited until they finish it off. We've been close before in the last few years. If they had lost I would be having a horrible Monday worrying about whether they could win Game 6 and force Game 7.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 10/26/20 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure you two are sleeping better now. Smile

I saw Austin Barnes was catching last night but Will Smith at DH went 0 for 4. I wonder if that previous night was still weighing heavy on him.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/27/20 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am for sure. I can't even think of how bad it would have been if they lost on Sunday. It would be 2 straight days of stress.

When I first heard El Gato was pitching, I thought they were going to use him as an opener but as I understand it, he will start as if it's a regular start. I hope he's on his game. Nothing like being asked to hold things down so they can win a championship.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/27/20 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's a done deal! Our Dodgers are CHAMPIONS!

WOOHOOO, pop that champagne!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/28/20 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we're still celebrating up here! The question will always be about Kevin Cash removing Blake Snell when he did, but who knows what would have happened either way. He sure was on fire, though. It did change the nature of the game when he left so we might have gone to Game 7 but none of that matters now. I'm happy for Doc and especially for Clayton! It's been a long time coming, and we have many young players who we'll have around a long time. The Padres can challenge us again starting next year, but for now this is our time to shine and our time to celebrate! Congratulations to our Dodgers.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/28/20 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Celebrate and enjoy. Yes, sometimes you benefit from the other team's moves but both managers have been criticized for pulling pitchers too early. Your bullpen came through when they needed to. It was good to see Doc win another title, just wish it had been with the Padres instead, Lol Smile
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 11/19/20 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it was announced Vin will be narrating the World series highlights, I am super excited to hear it!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 11/20/20 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know, me, too! I was so sad when he retired to think that 1988 would be his last world championship, but that was only the last one he actually called. As long as he's alive, he should always be a part of this!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: