Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dampening the Celebration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/29/20 9:12 am    Post subject: Dampening the Celebration Reply with quote

Sadly, one of the biggest stories of the last 36 hours that has taken over the media after the final out of the World Series has been that of Rojo Chingon and his positive test for COVID--in particular what discipline should be meted out for his open defiance of protocol since he had been asked to quarantine after leaving the game. Instead, he sat, maskless, with the team on the field for photographs and in close proximity to his manager, who's a lymphoma survivor. It's hard to defend that. I'm disappointed in someone who's been such a fan favorite not just because of his gritty play on the field, but also his solid love for and service to the greater L.A. community.

There are still many questions that surround this story, such as how he was at risk in the first place while in the playoff bubble. I know of at least one person who has suggested it could have been a false positive (like the Jints' Alex Dickerson suffered through during the season). However, until we learn otherwise, this lack of judgment on Rojo's part is going to be a major concern.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 10/29/20 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had wondered how you would feel about this, and I predicted right. You are generally fair minded whether or not the player involved is a Dodger or not. I wonder what was going through his mind, and even if he had to be on the field with them, then why not wear a mask. It surprised me since this is someone that is considered a real leader on your team.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 10/29/20 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all the articles. There seem to be so many opinions and thoughts it's overwhelming to - but we do know he has been very critical of Rob Manfred as commissioner and now I think that might blow up in his face. Some fans are saying he was thrown under the bus but I lean toward the same way of thinking that he was irresponsible.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 11/8/20 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Rojo Chingon seemed to have the overwhelming support of his manager and teammates, and Major League Baseball has decided that he will face no discipline. I don't know what to think. I still agree with others that it was irresponsible but according to the rest of the team, he was hesitant to join them and then was somewhat "forced" to do so. I guess we can close the book on this, assuming nobody else gets sick.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: