Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will There Be Mid-Winter Thrills and Beyond?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 3/15/21 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely.

Now, here are the current rankings from BA.com. UCLA took a huge fall; after losing their weekend series to Cal Poly, they tumbled to No. 23.

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Vanderbilt

Mississippi

Miami

Florida

Texas Tech

Louisville

East Carolina

Texas

Georgia Tech

South Carolina

Virginia Tech

North Carolina

Notre Dame

Oregon

Arizona

Tennessee

Pittsburgh

Michigan

Boston College

Alabama

UCLA

Texas Christian

Oklahoma State
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 3/16/21 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other local news USD is 11-3 now. I tried to post more details, but I lost the text. Sad
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 3/20/21 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Vanderbilt RHP Jack Leiter! He struck out 16 and pitched a no hitter over South Carolina today. He started off the game with a walk and then retired 27. Here's the game story. I haven't seen as good a 1-2 as Kumar Rocker and Leiter, in many years.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 3/23/21 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right--they're exceptionally good. Takes us back to the days of Gerrit and Trevor going 1-2 in the draft. Leiter is scary.

Meanwhile, here are the current rankings from BA.com:

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Vanderbilt

Mississippi

Florida

Texas Tech

Louisville

East Carolina

Texas

Georgia Tech

North Carolina

Notre Dame

Oregon

Pittsburgh

Florida State

Tennessee

UCLA

Miami

Michigan

South Carolina

Arizona

Virginia Tech

Alabama

Texas Christian

Indiana State
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 3/24/21 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDSU's record is 11-5 now and they've won 5 straight series to open the season. Also congratulations to catcher Wyatt Hendrie, who was named MWC player of the week after the Air Force series here last weekend.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 3/26/21 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to make a point of following up with UCSD since this is a difficult time with their team learning how DI baseball is. Their record is 3-9 now and they start Big West play this weekend. Article from Union Tribune
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 3/28/21 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cath. I've been trying to keep up with them more, too. But it's that time of year, and everything baseball is about to converge this week. Exclamation

The Aztecs won yet another series, this time at San Jose State. They currently sport a 13-6 record.

And yes, USC and UCLA fought bitterly this weekend at Dedeaux Field, but in the end the Bruins took the series, and are now 15-7. The Trojans are 10-9 following a 13-1 thumping at the hands of their crosstown rivals today. And yes, I know, they're both focused on the Elite Eight. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 3/29/21 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USD = 17-4, in first place in WCC. SDSU - first place in MWC. UCSD - got better when the teams they were playing were better. They swept Cal Poly over the weekend. Updates from Union Tribune
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 3/30/21 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure would like to get to see Jared Karros pitch again. He had a big win over USC this weekend.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 3/31/21 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would, too! Smile

I'm sorry, I'm behind on posting the rankings. Arkansas remains No. 1.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 4/2/21 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now is the really crazy time of year when baseball overload takes over. Loving it, though!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 4/4/21 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Aztecs got another sweep at home this weekend, this time over New Mexico. There was a doubleheader played on Friday, then on Saturday the big smackdown as they won 15-0. The Aztecs' record was 5-2 over the last week, but they scored 66 runs in those 7 games! Their record is 16-6 now. I have not followed as closely with the USD games, but I do know they are 19-5.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 4/5/21 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are close to the halfway point of the season now.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 4/6/21 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I'll be posting the rankings later today.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 4/10/21 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the middle of all the glory Joe Musgrove is getting now with my Padres, I did not want the Aztecs to be overlooked! Let me start with the fact they are leading the nation in hitting at the midway point of the season and that is quite impressive! Jaden Fein is hitting .473!
Article from Union Tribune

We should have mentioned congratulations to SDSU head coach Mark Martinez for his 200th career win which came during the New Mexico series. They had a week off play for spring break and are now playing at home with a weekend series against Nevada. They have scored 15 runs in both the last game of the UNM series and the first game of the Nevada series!

Also USD has a 19-6 record which is better than they have been in many years. I did not want these teams to fall off our radar with the first week of MLB season!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 4/13/21 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Cath. Unfortunately it was a lost weekend for both the Aztecs and Toreros. SDSU got handed their first series loss of the season by Nevada. Centerfielder Matt Rudick had a good weekend, though, and is still on fire, hitting .431 on the season.

USD lost their series to LMU and have fallen into second place in the WCC.

And woe to the Bruins. They're completely unranked now. Sad But the Pac overall is looking good, with Stanford making their entry into the top 25, having taken over first place in the conference.

Arkansas

Louisville

Mississippi State

Texas

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

Notre Dame

East Carolina

Mississippi

South Carolina

Texas Tech

Virginia Tech

Arizona

Oregon

Texas Christian

Louisiana Tech

Pittsburgh

Florida State

Florida

Oklahoma State

Georgia Tech

Stanford

Oregon State

Michigan

Indiana State

-Baseball Hall of Fame

Last edited by dodgerblue6 on Thu 4/15/21 4:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 4/14/21 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is good to see Stanford back in the rankings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: