Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Winter Training - 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 2/28/21 8:57 am    Post subject: Winter Training - 2021 Reply with quote

Well, here we go!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 2/28/21 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get too excited anymore but yes, here we go.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 3/1/21 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Paddack made his debut today and looked sharp in 2 innings. There is a lot riding on how he does this year. I think it is a good thing he knows he will have to stay sharp to still have a shot because our pitching is so much deeper this year.

Also our No. 1 pick from the 2020 draft, Robert Hassell got his first preseason hit. I am always anxious to see our top draft picks get their first chance to show what they have.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 3/2/21 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the kid from Glendora, DJ Peters, has made his debut and homered. He's gotten some work in at first base.

Also, Trevor made his first preseason start as a Dodger, throwing two innings, on Monday vs. the Rockies. And Walker looked superb today, unlike his usual rusty self early on, in a 1-1 tie with the Jints.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 3/4/21 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a glimpse of Blake Snell in a Padres uniform for the first time. He said it was emotional thinking about how the last time he was on the mound was in the World series and of course, that was facing the Dodgers.

El NiƱo brought Slam Diego to Peoria, with a big one in a game against the Diamondbacks on Tuesday at Salt River Fields.

CJ Abrams, 20, is our second ranked prospect and is in camp to remind fans of El Nino when he first showed up 3 years ago. Yes, Abrams is a shortstop too but maybe he could learn a new position! And his speed is crazy, so I look forward to seeing him blur by in person someday! Article from padres.com

And I am liking what I see from our young lefty MacKenzie Gore again, like last year. He threw today in the game against Texas. You know the saying - you can never have too much pitching, and we aim to build on that this year.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 3/5/21 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the last call for Mickey? It's weird but I usually track him every year in the preseason games and here he is in camp again and I didn't even notice. But he did homer twice in the Phillies' win over the Yankees yesterday. He will be vying for a crowded outfield job again. This year makes it 5 years since he was drafted. Here's the link.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 3/5/21 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report, Sunnyblue. We sometimes get so focused on Cactus League and the Grapefruit League seems so far away, but there are reasons to follow it, too.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 3/6/21 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good starts by CK (yesterday) and Trevor (today)--yes, against those Padres. The big talk about Clayton is how much looser he seems now that the burden of not winning a title has been lifted off his shoulders.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 3/7/21 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad Manny did not play in the game against Bauer. His career numbers against him are awesome. I admit a small sample size but nobody thinks with them in the same division now, he will not get a lot more opportunities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: