Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Padres 2021 - Is This Our Year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 6/11/21 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the Cubs came and went and took the series from my boys even though our Padres won the first one. Now they go on the road to play the Mets!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 6/11/21 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing a marquee match-up tonight, Blake Snell vs. Jacob deGrom. I'll be watching since your team and mine just switched time zones. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/12/21 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were victims of deGrom again. Confused
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/14/21 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Nino with another grand slam! My boys escaped New York without being swept and they are looking for a little Coors Field comfort starting a series in Colorado tonight.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/19/21 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I have been AWOL since earlier this week, and in between the Rockies swept my boys Surprised but they are now at home and have won 2 straight! Thursday night they had Re-Opening Day at Petco Park with a thrilling walk-off win. Last night, Chris Paddack got the ball and they beat the Reds again.

We have decided we are finally about ready to go back to the ballpark. So, that game is going to come this week ahead, against the Dodgers! Smile
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 6/19/21 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what game would that be? We will be there on Tuesday night for sure, maybe Wednesday too.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 6/20/21 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not decided for sure, but probably Tuesday. Will let you know. Would be good to have some good natured trash talking. Twisted Evil

Padres completed a 4 game sweep of the Reds today - first 4 game sweep for our guys in 10 years! I could not believe it had been that long but thinking back, we had some lean times in those 10 years.

Dodgers come in to Petco Park tomorrow now!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/21/21 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there tonight! Very Happy
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/22/21 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how did you like that one, Linda? Laughing

To be serious I thought the Padres showed up amped to play and did better all around as the Dodgers looked flat in many ways. This means my boys have now won 5 of the 8 games played head to head this year. They are still 3 games back of the Dodgers, though, 4 1/2 games out of first place.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/22/21 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not much, but I encountered a glaring problem at Petco Park that put me in a "foul" mood before the game even started. Don't want to elaborate on that right now, but it was not a good evening from the time of my arrival downtown.

Tonight, my butt will be planted on the couch at home.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/24/21 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody here? I'm not here to gloat, just being happy for my team. They came out and did what they had to do and played a great series. Also celebrating our first game back to Petco in over a year! The ballpark was rocking with fans of both teams! I know it is only 3 games in June and there is still a lot more to go including 9 more games head to head. But I feel a lot better than I did at the beginning of the week. Dodgers will be fine, I still think.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/24/21 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to your team on the sweep, Cathy. Unfortunately, I've moved on to more pressing matters at hand! Exclamation

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/26/21 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice to see them rise to the occasion to make a statement they can hang with the champions and beat them.

After a day off on Thursday, the boys won their 8th straight game last night in the first game of the series over the Diamondbacks. El Nino hit 3 home runs! He makes it look so easy!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/28/21 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres finished up a 9-1 homestand with a win over the Diamondbacks. The only loss was to that same team, the night before, when Dinelson Lamet got the start but was injured early on.

Now, we go on the road to Cincinnati!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 6/29/21 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Jake Cronenworth was NL Player of the Week! He is deserving!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/30/21 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and I was just posting about him in the All Star ballot thread. I am so glad we have him. He is very underrated!

My boys began the road trip on a high note last night with a win, even though it was a bullpen start. They still beat the Reds, 5-4. Blake Snell was scheduled to start but was sick, so we had 8 relievers combine to get the win starting with Craig Stammen. Drew Pomeranz and Pierce Johnson were both activated too. Probably a good thing Snell did not start since his numbers on the road are not so good, and Cincinnati is such a bandbox.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/1/21 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys won a rain shortened game in Cincinnati by coming from behind, 7-5! Trent Grisham's grand slam = SLAM DIEGO!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/1/21 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my Padres had a chance to make a complete sweep of the Reds this season and go 7-0 against them. And they were leading, late, too. Mark Melancon did not have his best close opportunity and the Reds won in the bottom of the 9th. We did not lose any ground because of the Battery Chuckers losing, to Arizona of all teams! Lol
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/4/21 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres took our their frustrations on the Phillies today in the last game of their series. Twice they had chances to beat them, in Friday & Saturday's games. But the Phillies walked off. Manny hit 2 home runs today and other guys got into the groove so they won this game, 11-1. Also, how about all that rain! All those delays are not helpful but they affect both teams - and I am just glad that the way the first 2 games went, my boys did not get swept. We lost a couple of games in the standings recently. I am thankful the second half of the season has just gotten underway.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/4/21 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a series of ups and downs for both our teams so far this year.

But someone has to take down those damn Battery Chuckers. Evil or Very Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 7/6/21 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess it would figure both the Padres & Dodgers lost on a night when the Jints lost to the Cardinals! We can hope for that team to lose again today and maybe both teams can gain a game. My Padres lost last night after a great comeback try. They were down 5-0 to the Nationals then fought back to tie it, then lost, 7-5.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/8/21 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew! I guess when you talk about the highs & lows of baseball happening close together you could talk about my Padres the last couple of nights! After the win on Tuesday against the Nationals, they were horribly slaughtered last night, 15-2! But then came the game tonight and so many things to say about this one! To start with it looked like a great pitching match-ups of aces, on paper, with Yu starting for the Padres and Max Scherzer for the Nationals. I figured on a low scoring game. Well was I ever wrong, and so were many others who agreed with me! Surprised Both of the starting pitchers were out early and the Nationals took a big 8-0 lead in the first inning! And a Cinderella story for Daniel Camarena, who came out of the bullpen in the second inning and because of the situation with it being so early in the game, he had to take an at-bat. Well that was a good thing he did, because he hit a grand slam off Scherzer! Not often can you say that about a pitcher!

My Padres kept pecking away until it was 8-8 going into the bottom of the 9th. Trent Grisham came up with the big walk off hit that won it for us, 9-8! What a super comeback that was! Never mind the aces because neither one was sharp this time! I love this team! Battling right up until the last out!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/11/21 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my Padres won their first game of the weekend series at Petco Park on Friday night. But then they lost the next couple of games. So, losing a series at home to the Rockies of all teams is not what I had in mind to close out the first "half" of the season. We are battered and bruised and are going to need to get some reinforcements. I hope they start out fresh after the All Star break. Our guys will need the rest to be as ready as they can be.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 7/13/21 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good first half for them but then, we thought it would be a 2 team race. I'm anxious for the rest of the season to see how things really go down the stretch. I know you are too!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/15/21 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys will begin a 3 game series in Washington this Friday, with Baseball at Breakfast on Sunday! We will get that 2 weeks in a row since the rest of the road trip includes series in Atlanta and Miami. Go Padres!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 7/17/21 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for all the problems my boys had in the last week before the All star break, they were mostly forgotten last night as they started out with a bang on their road trip and beat the Nationals, 24-8!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/17/21 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start for both our teams, but guess who else won last night... Mad

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/18/21 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and they also lost last night, which is a good thing for both our teams!

I posted a separate thread about the tragedy outside Nationals Park that caused a postponement of our game. I hope some order is restored and I would even take an unexciting win if we have no more interruptions like that.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 7/21/21 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wild trip and it is messing with our players, fans, etc. what with all the rain delays and 1 rainout. That was on Monday, which was rescheduled as a doubleheader today, and we are in the second game of that doubleheader but in another delay! - with my Padres leading, 5-4. In between, we lost the game last night. This is very frustrating on many levels.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 7/22/21 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happens with that game, will it be rescheduled? I didn't hear how they're going to work that out. It's weird to think you'd have to pick up from that point, sometime later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: