Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Major Milestones and Uncommon Accomplishments - 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 5/28/21 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to DJ Peters, who hit his first major league home run in tonight's Dodgers-Jints game, and David Price, who notched his 2000th career strikeout.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/31/21 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I neglected to post about Mad Max's 100th career home run.

Congratulations!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/1/21 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webster Rivas hit his first major league home run which happened to also be first hit, on Sunday in Houston!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 6/8/21 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just the messenger...not that I'm celebrating it in the least, but Jints left fielder Mike Tauchman hit his first career grand slam tonight in S.F.'s win over Texas at Globe Life Field. It came in the eighth inning off Rangers reliever Josh Sborz and put the Battery Chuckers, who were previously trailing in the game, ahead for good. Mad

Congratulations, I guess (typed with clenched teeth). Twisted Evil '

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/17/21 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Lord, am I behind on this one again? LOL

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 6/19/21 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the stories like Andy Burns - even if he is a Dodger. Twisted Evil
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/21/21 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yankees turned another triple play? Surprised Yes, they did, and it was a game-ending one this time!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 6/23/21 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Wander Franco, called up yesterday and homered in his major league debut!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/24/21 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just great...after a full day of not posting, and coming off a sweep by the Padres, I have to return to mention the Cubs throwing a combined no-hitter tonight in Dodger Stadium! Mad

Congratulations...I guess!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 6/25/21 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part about it was they didn't know it. lol

That's what happens when more than one guy combines to get it. Here's the article.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/28/21 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Sunny. I thought that was hilarious, too. Laughing

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/1/21 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention it earlier. Former Padre Trea Turner (Nationals shortstop) hit for the cycle yesterday, and this was not just any cycle, it was his third cycle of his career! Also he did it on his 28th birthday! Which I thought was definitely a little bonus to the accomplishment. Anyway, I always did like him, and even though I am quite happy with our shortstop now, I wanted to say congratulations to Trea! Very Happy
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/9/21 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hitting three cycles is practically unheard of! Exclamation

Cath, in all your excitement, did you forget to post about Daniel Camarena? What a feat!!!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 7/10/21 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that and thought it was insane! What a way to make your name known! Oh and by the way, no DH in the NL, please!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/11/21 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, of course you are right! After posting in the Padres thread, being so giddy I must have lost my head! Smile
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 7/17/21 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now for the big news since the return of baseball after the break.

Congratulations to Jake Cronenworth! He hit for the cycle last night in my Padres' beatdown of the Nationals at Nationals Park.

It is the third cycle in Padres history, and considering it was only 6 years ago for the first one, nice to see we can rack up some major milestones! Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 7/17/21 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have guessed El Niño might do it before him, but as you know, I like Jake a lot. The best thing about it was the infield single being the last leg to complete it.

Congratulations to him on his feat. In many ways, he reminds me of your team's CT3.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 7/20/21 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, while we've all been focused on West Coast baseball, let's not forget about the arrival of Jarren Duran in Boston over the weekend. He just hit his first major league home run last night!

Congratulations to the former Dirtbag!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 7/20/21 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Jarren.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 7/24/21 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rafael Devers hit his 100th career home run.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 7/25/21 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Weathers hit his first career home run today in Miami!

Congratulations!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 7/25/21 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back shortly with updates...

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/1/21 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a night last night, Saturday, for White Sox catcher Seby Zavala. He got his first major league home run (and second and third) all in the same game. The second one of those home runs was a grand slam so obviously the first one of this career. This happened in the White Sox' 12-11 loss to the Indians, in Chicago. Article from mlb.com

Congratulations to Zavala, a Bishop Amat alum.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 8/15/21 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post this even though Cathy's poor Padres were on the wrong end of it. When a guy throws a no hitter in his first major league start that's saying something and so I'm saying congratulations to Tyler Gilbert! He is the former USC Trojan pitching for the Diamondbacks who no hit the Padres last night in Chase Field.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/15/21 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tip my cap to him. That is a feat only 1 player has done in the modern era of baseball! Besides, Diamondbacks fans are really suffering this year. It did not help my team's case while fighting to stay in control of a playoff spot, but it is something to say kudos for.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 8/19/21 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to give some props to El Modena's Freddie Freeman for hitting the second cycle of his career last night! Congratulations!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 8/20/21 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey Votto got his 2000th hit, too.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 8/22/21 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ladies, for keeping this one up.

The Redhead from Orange! Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 8/22/21 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there it goes! Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera has just blasted his 500th career home run! The milestone round-tripper was hit off Blue Jays pitcher Steven Matz in the sixth inning of the game played in Toronto.

Congratulations!

From MLB.com:

Quote:
The homer was also his 2,955th career hit, leading into his next milestone chase. With 36 games left in the Tigers’ season, he would need to go on a tear to become the first player in Major League history to record his 500th home run and 3,000th hit in the same season.

That would really be something to see!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/22/21 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super player, and he is deserving of all the accolades! Congratulations to Miggy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: