Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ryan Braun Retirement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 9/14/21 1:49 pm    Post subject: Ryan Braun Retirement Reply with quote

Yes it is finally happening. We were talking about it here, earlier this season but now Braun has made it official after 14 years in a Brewer uniform. He disappointed some of us who were fans of his but even with that, I still congratulate him on a great career with numbers that were padded a little bit, which he probably did not need to do. I do hope he found some humility what with the error of his ways and I think he did.

Article from mlb.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 9/15/21 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Disappointed" is a good word. Remember when he and TG2 were teammates and he made his debut at Petco Park?
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 9/16/21 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add my congratulations. I was embarrassed for him with that PED fiasco and I was OK with him winning the 2011 MVP even though he was competing with Bison for that - until I found out about the shady stuff. Then I was upset because Bison was robbed in a sense. That's the way many Dodger fans feel, anyway. There's a lot of lingering animosity about it.

In the end Braun's just another great player who didn't need to use PEDs to prove their greatness. Just like so many of them.

He's done good, off the field, in other ways which we've all posted about here. But it's too bad his career is tarnished by the scandal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: