Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE 2021 WORLD SERIES - BRAVES VS. ASTERISKS*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 10/26/21 9:31 am    Post subject: THE 2021 WORLD SERIES - BRAVES VS. ASTERISKS* Reply with quote

Game 1 tonight!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/26/21 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All on the same page here. Against the AL team and supporting the NL.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/26/21 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Joc, Freddie, Max and Tyler. And if their other players are needed then go Braves. Smile
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/27/21 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brave win Game 1!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 10/27/21 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Joc and Max looked pretty bad tonight - the players I am most hoping do well in this series. Does anyone think maybe Max is the Braves' version of Clayton - great in the regular season but not so good in the postseason? I was happy last week when he crumbled against the Dodgers, but I was wishing he would do really well tonight. Astros won the game, 7-2.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/27/21 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predicted they would split the first 2 games. Now it will be up to the Braves to take control in their own home ballpark.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 10/30/21 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little slow on the take here. Wink

The Braves took a 2-1 lead in the World Series with a 2-0 victory over the Astros at Truist Park last night. Spectacular pitching!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/30/21 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Anderson sparkled. He's been what Max hasn't been for them, pitching like an ace. Hey, I've been wondering about this and thought I would put it out there. If the series goes seven games, is anyone up for a G7 get together and watch party? No I'm not offering Cathy's home unless she wants to volunteer it Smile and I would be fine if you want to come up to North County and watch it here. That is if it doesn't end before then. I'm just asking. We haven't had a watch party in a while.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/30/21 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Braves are now up 3 games to 1 because they won Game 4 tonight, 3-2. Jorge Soler and Dansby Swanson hit back to back home runs for them to put the Braves ahead even though they had a bullpen start. Linda, I bet you are happy Zack Greinke did not get the win even though he pitched well. This could be over tomorrow night. But we know what happens when we make predictions or plan around things like that. Yes, if it were to go to a game 7 I would be happy to host it or we could meet at your house, Sunny, whichever works. Maybe you would not want to drive down here again. I am sure Linda and I could go up there together. We can talk about that if the series goes that far.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/31/21 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True about Zack! Twisted Evil I don't want him to win anything!

Another thing about last night's game was that it involved the first lead change of the World Series after three games without one.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 11/1/21 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are headed back to Houston for Game 6. Atlanta coughed up an early lead and lost 9-5. It makes things interesting, I guess. We may need to have a plan ready for Game 7 and I will open my doors for that if it gets that far.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 11/2/21 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this - that Jack and Lucas are in attendance at Game 6 to support Max! - article from mlb.com
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 11/2/21 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great gesture!

There will not be a Game 7, as the Braves not only won, but won with an exclamation point, 7-0. There's something sinister in me that rejoices at those Asterisks* not only losing, but losing at home in the World Series--for the second time in three years. Maybe, just maybe, the Big Dodger in the Sky is having a say here.

Congratulations to the Braves, including the many Socal connections, not to mention Joc, who won his second consecutive World Series...but with two different teams.

I've never been a fan of that team, or the tomahawk chop, but this was simply a case of rooting for the Senior Circuit...and against that cheating team from Houston! Twisted Evil

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 11/2/21 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't root for that chop, you know I do root for the National League and also against that team in Houston! Got to say also, congratulations to the Braves right fielder, Jorge Soler who was named MVP!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 11/3/21 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows you once again that anything can happen. The Braves had the worst record of all the playoff teams, during the regular season (88-73). Their FO went out and did what had to be done when they were under .500 at the All Star break and just lost Ronald Acuña Jr. I feel badly for him as he surely must have expected to be playing the first time they won the World series.

Congratulations to the Braves.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 11/6/21 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! It dawned on me yesterday that I never picked up my "free taco." Surprised

Mind you, as everyone knows, I'm not the biggest fan of the Doritos Loco tacos, but something free is something free after all Smile and after all those years my Dodgers went without winning a World Series, at least I could claim something another team/player's accomplishment that benefitted the rest of us.

I must say, though, that after the 2020 World Series, that DL taco never tasted better. But the Taco Bell I picked it up at, long a mainstay on CMB near SR-163, is no longer there, as of earlier this year, anyway.

So perhaps it's just as well. Razz

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: