Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Valuable Players - 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 11/18/21 7:12 pm    Post subject: Most Valuable Players - 2021 Reply with quote

To absolutely nobody's surprise, again, it was jack-of-all-trades Shohei in the AL, representing the Angels.

There was a bit more curiosity about the NL award. Bryce won it, and I think he's deserving. It's the second career MVP award for the Phillies right fielder, who previously won it for the Nationals in 2015. However, there were certainly arguments to be made for shortstop/utility outfielder El Nino (Padres), second baseman Brandon Crawford (Jints), and Juan Soto (Braves).

But it just feels like Bryce has been around forever, and then you realize he only just turned 29 and still has a huge chunk of a long contract ahead of him. I guess that's what happens when you're featured on the cover of SI at age 15 (and yes, you read that here first!). Smile

Congratulations to the winners.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 11/20/21 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier in the year I would have picked El Niño. But all said, I thought Juan Soto had a better case. Most often I look at how they did at making their teams competitive, even if you can't carry the load yourself, since players that have great seasons on teams that were at or near the top of their division deserve a little credit. So because of that, Trea Turner had a good case, too. Bryce isn't a bad pick, and his team was in the running for the wild card very late but it wasn't such so clear cut as it was when he won it with the Nationals. That year he was always the front runner.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/22/21 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to point out that with Shohei, it was a unanimous vote. And so deserved.

As for El Niño, I was convinced earlier that he would not win due to injuries. He will have plenty of time ahead in his career to collect a few MVP awards, though. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: