Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Back!--"Alternative to Football League"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/25/21 2:00 pm    Post subject: It's Back!--"Alternative to Football League" Reply with quote

After cancellation last year due to COVID, AFL baseball will make its return next month! Very Happy

Major League Baseball announced the schedule this week.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 9/25/21 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! I cannot wait to plan a trip. Maybe we can all make it over, this year?
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/30/21 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be ready to go any time after this next week! Smile

A question - does anyone remember Hans Crouse out of Dana Hills High? He is a Phillies prospect now and is with the Javelinas. He struck out 5 Solar Sox hitters in 4 innings today, all on his cutter/slider, in their win today - link from phillies.com

I have been anxious to see how McKenzie Gore does in AFL this year, and he is one of the few elite pitchers to be playing in it. However on Thursday this week, the Bobby Miller of the Dodgers outpitched Gore as the top 2 pitchers in the fall league faced off against each other. I wonder how Dodger ladies feel about Miller?
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 11/14/21 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it appears I am the only one posting in this thread. No comments about Bobby Miller. Sad I will report back on the AFL Stars Game we attended, later, if anyone is interested.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 11/14/21 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And do I ever appreciate that you are posting here! With all my "problems" of sorts, my reading has been very limited and my viewing next to nothing other than a few highlights. So I'm always anxious to get your reports from first-hand viewing. I haven't even checked my usual blogs or AFL updates that I usually get to, and now it's almost over! Surprised
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 11/16/21 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get over in the last few days and time is sure running out. I'll post if I can!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 11/20/21 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to the Mesa Solar Sox for winning the AFL championship! They beat Surprise, 6-0! I finally made it for the last game! Smile Super effort for Cubs prospect/former OC Riptide pitcher Caleb Kilian, who threw 6 perfect innings.

It was so refreshing to watch a baseball game in person again.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 11/22/21 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that feeling, Sunnyblue - and that pitching performance was awesome. Great season, Solar Sox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: