Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2022 Padres
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/11/22 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you watched the 2 games so far this series between the Padres and Cubs that started Monday night, you would think it was a tale of 2 Padres teams. One looked horrible in the first game and Kyle Hendricks shut them out, 6-0. Last night my boys played more of their kind of game and won, 5-4. Rubber game is underway now!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/12/22 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres lost the series to the Cubs, but Luke Voit is back and homered yesterday. The bullpen blew it again. Now the boys hit the road to Atlanta. They will play the world champion Braves in the weekend series.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 5/14/22 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had 2 different game results at Truist Park the last couple of days. My boys won yesterday, 11-6, then lost today in a close one, 6-5. The first game of the series saw them bang out 16 hits for the rout. It was not at all the kind of score you would expect when we had Yu starting and they had Max Fried.

Our rubber game for this series will be Baseball at Breakfast and boy do I mean early! Starting at 8:30 tomorrow morning! Surprised
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 5/15/22 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched your game this morning. We're going to have a real dogfight in this division!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 5/16/22 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabil Crismatt was on fire out of the bullpen. I'm seeing a real dogfight ahead, too!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 5/17/22 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a day off yesterday, my boys will continue their road trip playing the Phillies starting tonight. I hope that team has cooled off a bit. We need to contain Bryce, for sure.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/20/22 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boys won the series in Philly, losing only the middle game which was Blake Snell's debut since coming off the IL, and he was erratic. I never know what to expect from him. Now, it is off to San Francisco for the series with the Battery Chuckers! Bob Melvin will return to manage this weekend.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/23/22 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good weekend for my Padres! They are creeping up and only 1/2 game out of first place in the West. They just finished a terrific weekend at San Francisco, whipping those Water Hoarders with a 3 game sweep! Very good road trip so far since they won the 2 series before that, vs. the Braves and Phillies. Hope they can carry this road winning on home. Back in San Diego they will have 3 games against a tough Brewers team starting tonight, then next weekend against the Pirates. Bob Melvin is back managing, too. Unfortunately Mike Clevenger has been put back on the IL! Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 5/25/22 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed results the first 2 games of this series with the Brewers. My boys won the first one, then Corbin Burnes kept them in line last night as he outpitched Blake Snell. However this was a better performance for Snell than his previous one! Rubber game this afternoon at Petco Park! Then, those Pirates will be in town for the weekend.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 5/26/22 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my Padres lost the series to the Brewers. There is a lot of angst about their scoring problems at home.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 5/27/22 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series against the Pirates started tonight, and what a great come from behind win! Padres take the first game 4-3.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 5/30/22 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padres won the series over the Pirates although the Pirates did play them very tough! Mackenzie Gore was lights out yesterday with 7 scoreless innings and Trent Grisham's walk off in the 10th broke a 2-2 tie as my boys won, 4-2.

Now it is back to the road, and on to a real challenge at St. Louis. For some reason it seems we play them on Memorial Day a lot over the years. And it will not quite be Baseball at Breakfast but baseball at lunch with an 11:15 a.m. start.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 5/31/22 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know what you thought of that interference call in Monday's game on Manny.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/1/22 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me start with I am just unhappy in general about the first 2 games but the rally killer on Monday, and then yesterday with Manny and Bob Melvin getting ejected has put me in a sour mood and guess what - we have Baseball at Breakfast today. I am still digesting the losses. I will post more details later.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/2/22 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst week so far this season for my Padres! They now have a 4 game losing streak which extends from being swept by the Cardinals, to losing the first game of the series with the Brewers today. Worse yet, they were in line to win with a 4-1 lead in the 9th inning, when our bullpen imploded again and ended up losing, 5-4. With the Dodgers winning (booooo) my Padres are now 4 games out in the NL West after hanging with them pretty steady for the last couple of weeks.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 6/6/22 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see your team's week turned around the last couple of days. Smile

Hey, Cath, guess what--I'm going to the Padres-Mets game tonight! Very Happy
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/7/22 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you were not very much help to us, but then I bet you did not want to be! Twisted Evil

I have lost patience with Blake Snell.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/8/22 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite happy with the game last night after that horrible loss on Monday. This time, Yu threw 7 scoreless innings, and my Padres won, 7-0. Very dominating against a great team like the Mets. This series has been a good test with 2 different results so we will see with the rubber game to be played tonight. Then a day off tomorrow and the Rockies come into town for the weekend.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 6/9/22 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Padres did have a good series. They are hanging tough with our Dodgers and staying within a couple of games of first place.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 6/12/22 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turned out, my boys split the 4 game series with the Rockies. We could have taken over first place today and failed to take advantage of it because after winning the first 2 games, the Rox took the next 2. We will get to play them again next weekend in their house. In between, we have 4 to play against the Cubs in Chicago.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 6/14/22 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres are tied for first place! Because of the win last night while the Dodgers were idle we have moved up another 1/2 game. Yu had another super start even though the game in Chicago was delayed with tornado warnings. Once they got playing he was his usual reliable self and my Padres broke a 1-1 tie in the 8th inning to eventually win the game 4-1. Now to stay in the hunt and keep pace until we next get to play the Dodgers head to head.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 6/15/22 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they certainly looked unbeatable last night - I was watching that game before the Dodgers and Angels started and they sure made a nice comeback. That will keep our guys on their toes, for sure. It's a 3 team race again, like last year.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/16/22 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and can you say 4 game sweep - and first place all alone? Twisted Evil
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/20/22 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I got a little caught up because now I am saying 3 game sweep and we were on the wrong end of it! Embarassed
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 6/22/22 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what a difference a few days makes and a change of scenery because my Padres came back to Petco Park and just swept the Diamondbacks! Good bounceback from that horrible weekend in Colorado. I was at the afternoon game today to close out the series and saw the offensive explosion for a 10-4 win. Super fun time out in the sunshine. Now they gear up for a 4 game series with the Phillies at Petco, starting tomorrow night! I am looking forward to that since they have improved quite a bit after firing their manager a few weeks ago.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 6/23/22 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, both of our teams are hanging in there staying tied for the top spot. I give you guys props for winning 11 of your 14 extra-inning games this year! It's surprising there have been this many in the first three months of the season. That success may make a difference for the Padres in the end, though I hope not--because the Dodgers have played five extras this year and lost all five! Evil or Very Mad

I'll have my eyes fixated on the Phillies-Padres series. The game times shouldn't conflict with ours, either, so I may not have to multi-task much. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 6/27/22 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure you were much happier watching our series than the previous one!

Phillies took 3 of 4 with the exception being MacKenzie Gore's sensational start in the second game, on Friday night. Other than that, not so great for my Padres. Coming up on a big week here. We have 3 games in Arizona starting tomorrow, then 4 in L.A. against the Dodgers!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 6/30/22 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here it is - big 4 game series between my Padres and the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium, starting tonight! Only 1 1/2 games separate us in the standings and it sure has been a long time since these teams met for the first time this season (back in April). The scheduling does seem weird to have only 3 games played head to head and it is almost July 1. So the second half of the season will see a lot of Padre-Dodger games! I hope they are better than the flop we had in the second half last year. I cannot see that happening this year, I think this is a better team. My boys just left Arizona after splitting 2 games there and if not for the bullpen meltdown (losing after we had a 6-0 lead) they could have shaved that lead to only 1/2 game. So we will see where this goes. We will be there Saturday! Go Padres!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/4/22 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a deflating weekend but at least my boys escaped without being swept, even if it went right down to the 9th! Of all the games, Mackenzie Gore had such a good start he deserved the win even though he did not get it, but at least the team did. Joe Musgrove had another super start in the first game of the series, so did Blake Snell in the second (for a change!) though I cannot say the same thing for Yu, who usually pitches well against the Dodgers. Overall I was much more disappointed with the lack of offense in the series and the embarrassing outfield defensive when José Azócar dropped not 1 but 2 fly balls in right field, at the Saturday game that we were at!

We still had a good time anyway. Next up the Mariners for 2 games at Petco, first game getting underway at 3:30 for the holiday, and then a day game tomorrow. Then a day off on Wednesday and the Battery Chuckers come into town for 4 games!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 7/4/22 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore looked great yesterday, getting out of jams often, and that's what made the difference in a pitching duel against the veteran CK. In the series opener, the pitching match-up definitely favored the Padres with Musgrove up against Mitch White, who is developing into a pretty good pitcher but who's been erratic this season. Obviously, I was happy with the series, but at the same time, I'm aware there are still 12 games left between our two teams head-to-head--all of them in the last two months of the season.

I sure wish I could have gone to that Saturday game with you as I was originally considering. Maybe another game in L.A. later on?

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: