Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2022 Padres
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 7/6/22 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mariners series was not what I hoped for. Sean Manea got rocked in the first game, on 4th of July (which we were at) and Sunshine had a so-so start yesterday. The Ms won both games, they had come into town on the upswing over the last couple of weeks. I still expected my boys might rebound from the weekend in L.A. Now the Battery Chuckers will be in starting tomorrow. Today is a rare Wednesday off.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/8/22 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead, beat up on the Jints, please. Smile I think you've lost enough ground lately that I can say that without regretting it. But, we'll see.

Quote:
Sunshine had a so-so start yesterday.

When I saw someone post on social media that "Sunshine" was on the mound, I couldn't resist commenting that "it looks like 'Marine Layer' showed up instead!" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 7/8/22 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"it looks like 'Marine Layer' showed up instead!"

Rolling Eyes

Well that is 2 in a row for your Padres over our favorite team Twisted Evil and yes, they wore the CC uniforms tonight. I did see where it was mentioned about the collision between Jurickson Profar and C.J. Abrams that left Profar with a concussion, in the Thursday night game. That was a scary moment.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 7/15/22 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see I'm not the only one who has been absent for a few days! Surprised

Final weekend before the break--perhaps your team can use a "reset."
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 7/15/22 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gosh, I sure hope so. Tonight was a good start, getting a win against the Diamondbacks. But it was quite a dreadful week losing the series in Colorado and the last 2 games of the series with the Battery Chuckers last week. That 12-0 win for S.F. on Sunday at Petco really put a damper on things and set the tone.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/18/22 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although my boys won the series this weekend, they did go out on a sour note losing to the Diamondbacks on Sunday. That means they are 10 games out of first place at the break. I should simply say they have a lot of work to do at the trade deadline and about addressing so much inconsistency in their play. They really are a Jeckyll & Hyde team.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 7/21/22 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post All Star break baseball - my Padres start a series in New York tomorrow night so the Mets will present a real challenge. I hope they are up for it.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 7/23/22 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched most of your game last night - since our team was playing in L.A. Pretty good win, I would say, over a great pitcher.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 7/25/22 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, my Padres had a couple of good games in New York over the weekend. They were not able to get the sweep because they lost yesterday, but they did beat Max Scherzer on Friday which set a good tone for the series. Now that is 2 series they have won from the Mets this year, which is encouraging to me.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 7/27/22 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series in Detroit was not what I hoped for, unfortunately. Sad

My boys did win the middle game of the series. It was the first ever Padres win in Detroit! That goes back to the 1984 World series!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 8/1/22 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres did end up taking the series from the Twins this weekend.

They will be hosting the Rockies and then - go to L.A. for a weekend series!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 8/5/22 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the time has now come for the beefed up Padres to visit L.A. this weekend and see if they can make a statement.

My boys played a 5-game series vs. the Rockies this week and nearly swept all 5. Of course, the 1 game they lost was yesterday afternoon, when we were there! Oh, well. It was a great tune-up for the Dodgers and welcoming our new acquisitions!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 8/5/22 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out El Niño has been activated! What timing! Surprised
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 8/5/22 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh, Sunny? He wasn't activated for anything other than a rehab start, LOL.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 8/6/22 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night did not look good for our "new look" team I will admit! I am happy there are so many games left to be played head-to-head, in September.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 8/9/22 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:peeking out:

Is it safe to post yet? Surprised

Well, after being swept by the Dodgers, my boys returned home to be shut out (for 2 days in a row) by the Battery Chuckers. Not only is our offense looking bleak but they waste a great start by Blake Snell, who has now had 3 of them in a row. I get mad when I hear them say they are not at all worried about being swept by the Dodgers. If you are 2-15 against a team over the last 17 games you have played them in, you should be concerned at least! I am not liking the attitudes. Come on Manny, at least say you need to be playing better and you hope you will be by the next time the 2 teams meet. That will be on Labor Day weekend at Petco Park. Bob Melvin, our manager is the only one who sounded like he was disappointed with the results. A lot of fans are unhappy and not just about the performances but the shrugs some of the players are giving.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 8/9/22 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's safe for you now, C.! Cool I saw your walk off win.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 8/12/22 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, well, our "new" offense finally showed up during this series with the Battery Chuckers - that is after the 1-0 loss in the first game! I feel much better about them going on the road now, though the first stop will be in Washington D.C. to face the Nationals. But it will be a welcome back for Juan Soto who has only been gone from that team for a little over a week. Baseball at breakfast on Sunday - early! And then to Miami for 3 against the Marlins before coming back to Petco Park.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/14/22 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Padres are back to winning series, again. It was just that bump in the road on I-5 up north! Exclamation

Taking the series from S.F. at Petco Park and then going on to Washington D.C. to beat the Nationals twice, in dominating ways - and though they lost the middle game it was a 1-run game decided on a controversial call at home plate.

Now it is on to Miami.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 8/17/22 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that last post did not age well. I said my Padres were back to winning series, but they are playing in Miami this week and already lost the first 2 games, so are trying to avoid the sweep! Manny has been really the only consistent guy in the lineup this series. After tonight's game, the team will fly home and start another series against the same Nationals they just played on the road.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 8/20/22 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just say that now we are in 2 games of a 4 game series playing at home against the Nationals, and guess which team has won the first couple of games? I am so disappointed with Josh Hader, and he has only been a Padre for 2 weeks! This season is disintegrating like it did last year about this time. So much hope, and now just hanging on hoping to get in the playoffs at all. I know there is still a lot of time to "get hot" but my boys have a lot of problems they are going to have to figure out, and maybe string a few wins together for some consistency before thinking about that.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 8/20/22 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It surely has to be frustrating especially since Bob Melvin was hired as an experienced manager to prevent that happening again like it did with Jayce Tingler.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/21/22 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is. Josh Hader has been removed from the closer's role for the time being.

After losing the first 2 games, my Padres bounced back to split the series with the Nationals. After a day off tomorrow the Guardians will be here at Petco Park for 2 games, then our boys will hit the road to play in Kansas City and another series at Oracle Park against those Water Hoarders!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/22 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, my Padres were able to split the series with the Nationals! Did not think I would be saying that before the weekend. Tonight the Guardians beat our boys, 3-1, and even in the games my Padres won over the Nats, they had not been scoring many runs. And it continued. It is bewildering. We are getting good starting pitching and then mired in a scoring slump for the most part.

The side news here is that El Niño has formally issued an apology to the fans and organization and also announced that he will finally have that shoulder surgery he has resisted the last couple of years. May as well do something useful when you are on the shelf that long! Exclamation

Last edited by forloveofthegame on Fri 8/26/22 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/22 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the headline on padres.com about them hitting "hopefully rock bottom" and that was following one more loss after your last post.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/22 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all hope that was rock bottom! Evil or Very Mad

Bob Melvin was asked this week about the situation with El Niño, had he ever had as much drama in a season in all his years managing, and he said "no." That should tell you something.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 8/29/22 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding my previous post - I guess that was not rock bottom. Sad After going into yesterday's game in Kansas City they had a chance to sweep the Royals and got blasted, 15-7. Manny had a great day with 2 homers and a double, but the pitching was horrible from start to finish. They gave up 15 runs on 18 hits with a 6 run eighth inning! Sean Manaea started and gave up 10 hits in 4 innings before being knocked out of the box. Josh Hader gave up 6 runs in relief after coming back from his "break" for a few days. Wil Myers even came in to pitch 2/3 of an inning and got bombed, too. Not that it would be so surprising but on top of all that, it was just mind numbing.

It definitely left such a bad taste in my mouth after winning the first 2 games of the series. One of the columnists I read (not sure who) said never has a series win felt so empty.

Now we get those Battery Chuckers in S.F. and I sure hope we can get well on them. They just came off being swept in Minnesota.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 8/31/22 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good as my Padres have won the first 2 games of this series and the last game is on tap for an afternoon watch.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 9/1/22 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was just a trip to S.F. what the doctor ordered? My Padres swept the 3-game series which may be what they needed to turn things around. Coming into L.A. next, we know it will not be that easy! But I think the team has more confidence after this series than it has in a while! Josh Hader actually delivered us a save yesterday! We may have written their epitaph for this year. I know my boys have to focus more on themselves now but that was a sweet little side dish we enjoyed. Good way to close out August.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 9/2/22 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here they come to Chavez Ravine!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: