Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2022 Padres
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 9/3/22 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well finally - it has been quite a while now but we finally got to see a Padres win at Dodger Stadium again! Padres were in control early on while taking advantage of walks by Dodgers starting pitcher Dustin May and then a couple of 2 run shots to make the score 4-0. Yu was outstanding and pitched 8 innings of shutout baseball. Padres won 7-1 after giving up a run in the 9th. It feels like a moral victory that they can even beat the Dodgers and look like they were in control the whole way - after all those losses going back to last season (15 of the previous 17 games). Now that is 4 in a row and just hope they can keep the ball rolling.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 9/3/22 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Padres are motivated to get a wild card spot, and they made it happen. I won't say anything (here) about tonight's game, though.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 9/6/22 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that is a smart move, Linda. Wink I prefer not to say anything about losing those 2 of 3 in L.A. either, especially after winning the first game, 7-1. I thought then they might have turned the corner. But losing another series to the Dodgers is pretty much just par for the course with us. And we will get them again at home this weekend.

The boys came home from L.A. for Labor Day to start a series against Arizona. It was a mid-afternoon (3:30) start time yesterday and we decided to go, even though this heat wave is still going on and we knew it would eventually get cooler. But sitting there being overly warm while watching the way they played, lifeless - not high on my list of things to do on a holiday. The Diamondbacks must think they never left Phoenix! The worst part was that Blake Snell had a pretty good start but on a night the offense could get nothing going, and so they lost 5-0. Boos rained down! I guess maybe fans have had enough of it to show their real feelings! Because we were patient for 5 months hoping they would get things together. No, I did not boo, myself, but I would not hold it against those who did.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 9/9/22 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well look what we have on tap here. A rainstorm! Exclamation Just in time for the Padres-Dodgers series at Petco Park. Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 9/9/22 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and I was happy my boys had just won another series! I thought maybe that would give them so momentum going into this weekend but it still might not happen. Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 9/12/22 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all 3 games got played, no rain interrupting anything, only the Dodgers interrupting our momentum but that has been the story all year. Snell again - he has been so up and down! - and Manny, who has had some big hits against L.A. but is still inconsistent against them at times. And he cannot provide all the offense. The Friday night walk off win was exciting for us, but they fell flat the next 2 games, kind of like the same thing happening at Dodger Stadium the weekend before. At this point I guess they are just fighting for a playoff spot and need to get the Dodgers out of their heads. Time to hit the road. We have 2 in Seattle this week and then another 4 in Arizona, things do not get any easier after that because my boys will come home to play the Cardinals. Need to just figure out how to beat other teams to get into the playoffs, and then go from there.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 9/17/22 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it was another sluggish up & down week for my boys! Rolling Eyes They split the 2 games in Seattle, then started the 4 game series in Arizona being shut out in the first game! Last night, a 12-3 win felt really good but it leaves you wondering if they will ever catch on to any consistent winning. This team is so frustrating!

There will be a lot of attention on the series between the Padres & Cardinals at Petco Park this week. 1 reason obviously is because of Albert Pujols, but the other is the Cards are another big challenge team which my boys have been playing a lot but not having a lot of success against. It could be a confidence booster to win that series. The Cardinals have a nice lead in their division and are not fighting for their lives like we are.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 9/18/22 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there will be a lot of coverage of that Cardinals series!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 9/19/22 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they may be ready! A little tune-up in the desert over the weekend, following that shutout on Thursday, my boys won 3 straight. It is hard to remember the last time they looked really good in 3 straight games, or even won 3 in a row!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: