Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing for Love of the Game! - 2022

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 8/19/22 10:03 am    Post subject: Playing for Love of the Game! - 2022 Reply with quote

It's hard to believe I haven't gotten this one up yet, but the LLWS has already begun in Williamsport!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 8/20/22 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawaii is looking terrific! They beat New York yesterday with a combined no hitter!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 8/20/22 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making the West region very proud. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/21/22 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you Dodger ladies knew this, but Rachel Robinson and former president George W. Bush were at the unveiling of a statue in Williamsport today. Article from Little League
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 8/22/22 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually only noticed that after the fact, but noted that it rained yesterday so no games were played. But thanks for posting!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/22 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have a real showdown between West and Southeast coming up! The last 2 teams standing for the U.S. and both are 3-0. They will meet on Thursday. U.S. championship game will be played Saturday.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 8/23/22 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a day off today, at home, and so watched several innings of a few of the games. Most of the results today were blowout wins but I am hoping for Hawaii to cruise tomorrow.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/22 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, too, and I'll also be following Mexico-Asia Pacific from work.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Wed 8/24/22 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first couple of days I was confused because I kept reading "Metro" region and didn't remember ever seeing that before. It's a newly created region that split off from Mid-Atlantic.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 8/25/22 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I thought to myself how could a team from Long Island not be in Mid-Atlantic until I read that!

It looks like we have ourselves a U.S. final coming up between West and Southeast on Saturday! Hawaii had just walloped Tennessee, 13-0, yesterday, so the rematch will probably be much closer. But, go West!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 8/26/22 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was tempted to host a little get together tomorrow for this but Raul said no! Exclamation We have a big party to attend tomorrow night and he thinks I might put myself out too much. He may be right, Lol. I sure am looking forward to watching it, though.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 8/27/22 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CuraƧao has won the international championship! Congratulations!
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 8/28/22 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we all know Hawaii dominated the U.S. championship but now the LL title game is being played! Bring it on home, West!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 8/28/22 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawaii has won it all! Congratulations, boys!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 8/29/22 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been saying one of the most dominating performances by a team ever in Williamsport. Yes, congratulations to Hawaii.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: