Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NLCS - Padres vs. Phillies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/16/22 7:34 pm    Post subject: NLCS - Padres vs. Phillies Reply with quote

It gets underway on Tuesday.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/18/22 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be pretty exciting to have the NLCS back for the first time in so long! 26 years. Thinking back to what I was doing in 1998 as I'm sure everyone else is.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 10/18/22 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Padres! Hope Yu is on his game tonight! He has had a good run.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/19/22 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...what a pitcher's duel for Game 1! Zach Wheeler outpitched Yu, both with quality starts, and the Phillies won, 2-0 on two solo shots, one by Bryce.

Game 2 this afternoon, 89 degrees forecast at game start time!
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/19/22 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing start! I hoped they would not suffer from the "Dodger hangover" too! Wheeler looked so sharp and Yu did too but had just a couple of mistakes. We will try again today! Not going, will be watching from home this time.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/19/22 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Game 2 was quite a game! Padres won, 8-5. Blake Snell fell behind 4-0 when Aaron Nola pitched a great game until he finally got hit hard. A lot of fight in my team! The energy was high at Petco Park. Going to Philadelphia now tied at 1 game each!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 10/20/22 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The energy was high at Petco Park.

I'm assuming you mean from what you witnessed on TV, right? Or did someone gift you tickets at the last minutes?

Yes, a very spirited comeback against Aaron Nola!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 10/22/22 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I really did mean from home! You could feel it!

Well, Game 3 in Philadelphia was not quite enough. I know people are going to argue against Jurickson's check swing out in the 9th, which some say was borderline but the bottom line is they did not cash in many chances to score, and they lost. Joe pitched another pretty good game but it was not enough either.

I like our chances today against Bailey Falter from Chino Hills. He has his work cut out for him. Mike Clevinger needs to pitch a much better game than he did against the Dodgers last week.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 10/23/22 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falter did falter, but this game reminded me of the second game when the Phillies went up 4-0 and the Padres roared back winning 10-6. This series has had a little of everything. Pads have to win today to get it back to Petco Park or otherwise it's "wait till next year."
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 10/23/22 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, the game just got started and we are super nervous!
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 10/23/22 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Phillies did end up winning, so turn out the lights, the party's over for the Padres. They can join us on the couch to watch the World series. Sorry, I know it's hard to get this far and fall short. You could never count the Pads out of a game, it seemed.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/23/22 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very good series! They showed a lot of grit, but the Phillies showed more.

Congratulations, Phils.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 10/24/22 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a heartbreaker for sure but now Bryce is finally getting to play in his first world series. My Padres put up a good fight every step of the way, and I am proud of them for making it this far - and for bringing back some pride in our organization. Congratulations to the Phillies. Now I am going to my corner to continue crying. Crying or Very sad
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 10/24/22 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how it is...just join us on the couch now. Great postseason run for your team.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: