Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 2022 World Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/23/22 9:18 pm    Post subject: The 2022 World Series Reply with quote

Houston vs. Philadelphia.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 10/25/22 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Predictions, anyone - and are we going to think about a viewing party?
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 10/26/22 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, hey Cathy, are you home this weekend? Laughing
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 10/26/22 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Actually yes, we really are. I wanted to wait and be sure but I talked to Raul about having a party and we are figuring out which works best, Friday or Saturday. I will keep you posted.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 10/28/22 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is on for tonight! Be there any time after 4 p.m.

We will be serving carne asada only off the grill (no cheesesteak, hoagies, etc.!) There should be 10 to 15 people total so I look forward to seeing everyone.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 10/28/22 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaving work now. See you soon.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 10/29/22 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game we saw last night. Thank you for a wonderful time - good to see everyone and meet new folks too. It was an incredible comeback win for the Phillies! We all know what Houston was thinking when they were up, 5-0 early in the game. This has got to rank up there with one of the best knockout punches though because Houston was hosting the first game and they were undefeated in the playoffs. The fans there expected a big win and I think they thought it would be a rout. Maybe this was the first real competition for those Asterisks*! I just know that the Phillies have gotten hot at the right time in order to take down the Cardinals, Braves & Padres, and weren't they the #6 seed to start with? It would be quite the upset if they can pull off another win in the second game and then take it home to Philly.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 10/30/22 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Game 2 didn't quite go the way I would have liked for it to go, and Zack Wheeler took the loss for the Phillies, though they did make it interesting. In any case, taking a split home has to give them some sense of moral victory. Let's see how it goes at Citizens Bank Park.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Mon 10/31/22 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I rushed home for the game tonight and walked into the house after picking up food, ready to settle in and watch. I did not know that rain had pushed the game off 1 more day! So it looks like Game 3 is on for Tuesday, and that moves back Games 4 & 5.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 11/1/22 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shift to Philadelphia, now let's get this game going.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 11/1/22 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 3 wasn't very competitive. It was a thorough thumping by the Phillies, 7-0.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 11/3/22 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess they figured out how to shut down the phans in Philly, by combining for a no-hitter! Who would have guessed! Series is all tied up now.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Thu 11/3/22 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of the weirdest, wildest things about this beautiful game--a team can smack five home runs one night, then be held hitless the next. Incredible!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 11/3/22 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now it goes back to Houston with the Phillies having their backs to the wall. Another close game tonight, 3-2 loss and JV actually got his first ever World series win. He first pitched in one back in 2006! Surprised
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 11/5/22 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, it's all over for this year. Congratulations to Dusty Baker. No sympathies for his team!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 11/7/22 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it only took me a couple of days to post a game recap. Yeah, yeah, the Asterisks* won, but they still have holdovers from their 2017 team and I am not happy about that. Still, congratulations to the others.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 11/8/22 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can do is shrug and wait for next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: