Diamonds For Women Forum Index Diamonds For Women
A message board for women baseball fans

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot Stove - 2023-2024
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 11/6/23 6:49 pm    Post subject: Hot Stove - 2023-2024 Reply with quote

Let it begin.
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 11/28/23 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nobody posted after you started the thread! lol

The Cardinals added Sonny Gray as a RHP for 3 years.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 11/30/23 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, Sunny, Lol. Where is Linda? Laughing

The Mets signed Luis Severino for 1 year.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 12/4/23 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry! Surprised

Things should heat up this week. Smile
"The Dodgers have always occupied an enormous place in the history of the game. If the Yankees are the most successful team in baseball history, the Dodgers are the most essential. Their legacy is unique."

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 12/5/23 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will someone sigh Shohtime already? And decide whether Juan Soto remains a Padre or not! I think I would be willing to trade him for quality pitching.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 12/5/23 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly it's been narrowed down to the Angels, Dodgers and Blue Jays. (Blue Jays?) I suppose that's possible but I don't see him leaving Socal. And I think while at one time, the Dodgers may have been viewed as the front-runner, it might just be the Halos that he returns to.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Tue 12/5/23 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who has heard the latest, but Doc said the Dodgers met with Shohtime this weekend in L.A. And supposedly the talk has been all along that he didn't want any publicity of what teams he was meeting with, and now this happened. But they're making it known he met with other teams, too? But then it was said Brandon Gomes was surprised to hear Doc told reporters. This is confusing.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Wed 12/6/23 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't believe all the brouhaha about this. Because Doc talked to the media and confirmed that they had met with him, fans are all up in arms that he won't sign now because of the "gag order" required for teams who are interested.

It really doesn't seem like the same level of buzz about him that I expected coming into this week!

Oh, and by the way, the Mexicutioner is now a Yankee! Surprised

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Wed 12/6/23 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! Juan Soto is a Yankee now, too. They have been pretty active! Trent Grisham will go along with Soto.

My Padres will get RHP Michael King and after that, not quite clear, but will update more when we know more.
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Thu 12/7/23 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably best for your team.

E-Rod has signed for four years with the Diamondbacks! I don't like that it makes them better after they've already improved a lot (lol). He made a big deal this season about wanting to stay near the East Coast so what does he do but play in Arizona? It gets him out of Detroit at least.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 12/8/23 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, the drama!

Look, I would love to have Sho-time, but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out. The Dodgers need to focus on adding starting pitching this offseason.

Rumors have been swirling all day about the "decision"--supposedly leaning toward Toronto over L.A. (NL)--and really, that doesn't make much sense to me, even from a marketing standpoint. When it's over, we can move forward with other needs.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 12/9/23 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Yesterday was quite the fiasco. Bad information being reported and every fan picking up on it as if it was fact! You would think there's nothing else going on in baseball except this story.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 12/9/23 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's official!

12 years, $700 million for the best overall player in baseball to move 30 miles north of Anaheim. This is what the Dodgers set their sights on last offseason when they did virtually nothing, and that quiet winter is paying off in dividends now.

Now, if he had not signed with L.A., I wouldn't have freaked out. I'm fine with what the Dodgers decide to do, and obviously they need starting pitching this year, not just having to wait for Shotime's arm in '25.

But he's going to look a great deal better in blue, and for that, I'm grateful.

Welcome to L.A.--the real L.A.!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sat 12/9/23 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa! The Friday rumor mill was insane and in my opinion very much irresponsible reporting was involved. I think a lot of non-Dodger fans are pissed because the Dodgers paid so much, and yes it is a risk about whether he'll pitch again. Let's hope he does - I enjoyed watching him pitch so much. But what were they supposed to do - if they have it, then offer it, and he did restructure the contract so as not to affect the luxury tax. But this was all part of the plan right? Because last year they didn't do much other than let guys walk like Rojo Chingon, Belli, etc. That after they lost Joc and Corey the year before. So maybe it was smart to just make this the goal, and now they met the goal and all that's left is to see how it works out.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Fri 12/15/23 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - Dodger ladies, you have the only thing to celebrate over this week. My Padres have done nothing since dealing Juan. I keep waiting for something to post about. I saw that press conference from Dodger Stadium yesterday. What a "sho" - Lol.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sat 12/16/23 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Cath, you didn't have to say much more than the Padres hadn't done much, before they did something--even though it was unloading a couple of guys. Smile

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sun 12/17/23 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this offseason is drastically different from last year. All about unloading payroll where last year it was boosting payroll and beefing up the lineup. That is so we thought. Sad But, we will see how all this plays out, and if there are more moves up A.J.'s sleeve.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Fri 12/22/23 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamamoto to the Dodgers! ? - I'm almost in disbelief!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Fri 12/22/23 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! The real fun here is listening to the complainers from other teams. We didn't say anything when they loaded up on huge contracts last year while our guys didn't add anyone but a DH for 1 year.

I saw a logo (wish I had it on line) that read VIL-LA-INS on the front of a blue cap.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Sat 12/23/23 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop already, Dodgers. We know you guys want to win. Hmph! You are not the only ones getting players from Japan. My Padres have signed lefty Japanese closer Yuki Matsui for 5 years. Article from padres.com

Welcome back Linda!
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Sun 12/31/23 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to take the easy way out with some of this stuff...and post "updates coming." LOL!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 1/11/24 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is everyone? I admit I have been enthralled with the LMP playoffs and have not been here in a week. I know for sure Sunny is watching them, too!

My Padres signed Korean closer Woo-Suk Go for 2 years. Yes, we have all heard the jokes for several days! Link from padres.com
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Sun 1/14/24 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Busch has been traded to the Cubs Sad
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Thu 1/18/24 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see how Blake Snell is still on the board - and so are other Scott Boras clients - I just hope not to see him in a SF uniform! Mad I am sure you Dodger ladies feel the same.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Mon 1/22/24 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lagged again! No surprise there. Wink

Josh Hader has signed with the Asterisks for five years.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 1/22/24 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a curious fact today, the Marlins who of course are coming off a playoffs season, have not signed any FAs this offseason.

Let the Asterisks have Hader - and yes I have noticed Snellzilla is still unsigned.
forloveofthegame

PostPosted: Tue 1/23/24 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw last night the Pirates signed Aroldis Chapman for a year. They already have a pretty good closer. Not sure what their plans for him are.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 1/23/24 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dodgers have signed LHP James Paxton as insurance for pitching depth. Can't have too much of it, given the setbacks of last season.

-Baseball Hall of Fame
sunnyblue

PostPosted: Mon 1/29/24 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Hicks signed with the Angels for 1 year.
dodgerblue6

PostPosted: Tue 1/30/24 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rojo Chingon to the Blue Jays for one year!

-Baseball Hall of Fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Diamonds For Women Forum Index -> Talkin' Baseball All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: